Tips from Play-testers

Valerian

Dude I try to watch them. I feel like they have a decent understanding of the game and a lot to say. But some reason I can't watch their "how to play" videos. Dude on the right who looks like he never sleeps always seems like his brain working way faster than his mouth. Then the other guy jumps in cutting him off to finish what dude was talking about. But sometimes it makes the other dude stop him and finish it how he wanted. Its kinda funny cringe. I think they could do well with a turn based lecture format

I do agree with the take on dreadnought heavy lists. Its what I was trying to start myself. I think i will be using 4 myself. Bjorn-plasma, 1 venderable dread-plasma/claw and 2 wulfen shield versions. I actually kind of hope they update their shields to the bladeguard style. T7 2+ sounds good.

The slow venerable combat dread is also viable thanks to the new Oprah reserve stratagem (you get one and you get one!!!)

You can essentially outflank it directly into a hot zone. 

Worst case scenario is you just dumped a distraction carnifex in your opponent's lap (I used an actual knight for this at double the cost in 8th edition and it was always worth it)

However...I think the tournament choice will be using 3 wulfen combat dreads.  The most important skill they have is a built-in charge reroll

The ultimate combo will be using a wolf priest with an active canticle of hate to zoom downfield and then you just unleash your wrecking ball dreads in the face of the enemy

If the wulfen combat dreads become a center piece of your army they might be worth the double flamer upgrades as well

My ideal wulfen combat dread:

-Wolf claw (5 S10 AP2 D3 attacks on the charge....hitting on 2s and rerolling wounds...even knights will cry)

-Blizzard shield

-2xHeavy flamers (this lets you clear off any infantry trying to tar pit you in the shooting phase) (if you need to save points leave it as storm bolters with BS 5)

If you manage to activate your saga of the hunter then your character can just run around with the wulfen 

I like the video, I just think they seem to make SW appear to be a bit too good. They could be a bit more critical, point to problems more, etc. Maybe it's that American positive attitude (German here, Haha Edited by ranulf the revenant

I like the video too. For some reason I think we are the marine faction that can do old marines well and they seemed to agree. They did point out some of our iconic units were over costed. Which is true. Glad they took the time to talk a little about character screening. That’s going to be so important to keep our characters alive.

I think as far as blood claws are concerned they were almost counting them and assault cannon Razorbacks a single choice. So both units would typically be holding the objective. Which mitigates the forced charge drawback nicely.

I liked the video, it's been tough to really judge our psychic awakening book because the competitive scene basically ended right before it was released. I agree with their assessment that we're a mid field army which should be good so while I think they're over rating us abit I also don't think we're the worst marine chapter anymore.... so progress :).

The only advantage I would say for Blood Claws is their ability to take drop pods or outflank with 15+1 WGBL which could be a pretty good threat for your opponent to need to keep their mind on

Except that 11+ model units are now prime targets for blast weapons...And I won't be surprised to see at least 1-2 blast weapons per list, if not more.