Post a pic of the last game you played.

mughi3

Ok so i am posting something new here. 

Battle reports tend to take a long time and a lot of effort (and a lot of remembering). the really nice ones like- wargamer girls -or- priority orders discarded-,  also take loads of post production. 

Since the replies to batreps seem to be far and few between, from now on, just take one pic from your most recent battle of   40K/30k/space hulk/kill team/battlefleet gothic/aeronaughtica/titanicus  etcc.. (from whichever edition) you feel sums up the feel of the game and post them here.

Leave a short description of the scenario and outcome to go with the pretty pictures to make us all jealous. 

I should have one up in a couple days after game night. 

Edited by mughi3

Jw2bcjFh.jpg

My latest game, from february... Ultramarines vs. Imperial Guard, 2000 pts ITC format. Last game of the tournament, wiped his army completely on turn 4 :/ I managed to charge his line with two Invictor Warsuits on the first turn and that pretty much decided the game. It was still a fun game and he took the loss pretty well. The 'blast templates' are objective markers.

The game tonight

Khorne VS nids

2k points-5th edition core rules. 

nids (5th ed codex)

-HQ

.flyrant

.warrior prime

-Troop

.gaunts

.warriors X2 squads

-Elite

.hive guard

-FAST 

.hive crone

Heavy 

X2 tyranofex

Chaos (3.5 codex)

-HQ

.bloodthirster

-Troop

X2 berserker squads (8) in rhinos

-Elite

.chosen terminator squad (5)

.X2 obliterators

-heavy support

.land raider

.havoc squad

No long winded explanation this time. i was assisting the new player on getting down all the rules for his units, since we had limited time due to pandemic restrictions this was the only game we could get in. 

The chaos player wanted to try out a land raider so i let him borrow mine as a proxy 

After the game he managed to pick up a used one for cheap, along with a pristine defiler kit at a discount. 

The start

3ZxvvvI.jpg

khorne won the day (well blood was spilled so they auto win no matter the outcome  :D   )  even though his terminators and oblits got on the wrong side of the flyrant.  the triple shot gun on the gaunts also did some good work. 

Greetings 

just got a little epic scale action in tonight. using index 8th ed rules with halved ranges. 

400PL game of salamanders VS tau

i was running a bunch of detachments but i won't bore you with all that. 

Since this is index version  we used no stratagems other than CP re-rolls & army build buffs- no doctrines for the marines. 

My list

.jump chapter master

.jump captain

.X3 techmarines

.5 man hell blaster squad

.6X6 inceptor squads (bolters)

.X6 venerable dreads X3 in lucius drop pods

.X2 storm hawks

.X2 xiphons

.X2 storm eagle ROC

X3 thunderhawks (turbo lasers)

rtqTh5l.jpg

His force

.Ra'ali

.R'myr

.Farsight

.long strike in hammerhead

.6X12 firewarrior  squads with devilfish

.X6 riptides

.X4 tech drones

.X5 hammerheads

.X4 tetra

.X4 TX 42 heavy piranha

.X5 baracudas

.X2 tiger sharks

RQFlQvc.jpg

The start

WBemlhP.jpg

Special thanks to vanguard and onslaught minis for making the game possible. 

5th edition game

salamanders/admech VS berserkers 2k points

central objective inside turret bunker (to get the objective you have to kill the auto turret bunker) 

oixoHC8.jpg

Edited by mughi3

• 2 weeks later...

Well this wasn't a game i played but i helped set it up.-

House rules 5th ed game 2k points

chaos using the 3.5 codex VS 5th ed demon hunter/inquisitorial force with heavy proxies (because buying 24 death cult assassins and 22 jakero is stupid expensive) my land raider achillies  is also standing in for a crusader since it was the only one i brought they could use. 

chaos ended up winning, but just barely..i mean aside from khorne who always wins. ;)

at the end chaos only  had the land raider, 3 terminators, a single havock, the hell drake and a single obliterator left. out of the original 2k army. 

1pwLh3N.jpg

We had a blast playing a megabattle of Adeptus Titanicus. I drafted a version of the Titandeath scenario with some 6000 points of Astorum / Defensor assailants rushing Favilla's 5000 point line, which ended up as a pretty good history re-enactment of the lore as the attackers' victory was marginal enough to be contested millenia later :D

1072992_sm-.JPG
1072996_sm-.JPG
1073003_sm-.JPG

A lot more in my AT blog.

tonights 40K 

We went for a simple kill points game of 5th edition with our house rules

My force
marines-5th ed codex
.master of the forge + 4 servitors
.scout sniper team
.dread talon-X3 ironclad dreads
.doredeo dread (using my nuclear shrimp HURK walker)

Allied-grey knights-3rd ed codex
 grand master with terminator retinue
allied callidus assassin. 

His force
chaos 3.5  codex
.terminator lord-khorne
.word bearers chaplain/dark apostle
.Khârn
.2x 8 berserkers in rhinos
.8 posessed
.land raider
.blood crushers(imported from 5th)
.helldrake(imported from 7th)

RAug36x.jpg

Imperial victory- 7 to 4 kill points. 
Edited by mughi3

Lots of action tonight

2 games of 9th being played on some tables i set up-

necrons VS nurgle

CDYZG1C.jpg

khorne VS salamanders

riICBkD.jpg

And my own game

5th edition 

salamander successors with fortifications fighting an elysian desert rats army at 2k points

gTJQLCu.jpg

Last- a little 5th edition chaos on chaos actions 

khorne VS iron warriors

ksy1uBp.jpg

Edited by mughi3

didn't play in this game but i helped set it up and got the players hooked on epic scale. 

khorne VS imperial guard  roughly 4,000 points per side in 8th edition rules. 

Most of the khorne infantry was still inside the transports, or were demons yet to be summoned in this pic. 

hvFMqPJ.jpg

Edited by mughi3

• 4 weeks later...

Blood Angels Vs Biel'Tan, 1500 points

Picture taken at the end of T1. Blood Angels pushed high up the board, Eldar countered. Image shows some combat where a squad of Howling Banshees bounced of a squad of Tactical Marines...

gallery_62972_9890_298676.jpg

My Fire Dragons perform a heroic last stand against my son's Dark Angels armoured spearhead. The Repulsor survived on just 1 wound after their Fusion Guns and melta bombs had taken their toll but that was all it needed to blow them away are hold the Objective.

gallery_82363_15677_103049.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Small incursion game between my Dark Angel Successors, and a host of Death Watch. My Dreadnought got caught by a small group of very tough to kill models, which forced my terminators and my bikes to attempt a reinforcement maneuver to free him from the stranglehold, after many rounds of no one in that battle yielding.

Whats-App-Image-2020-10-11-at-17-51-54.j

The fight did, indeed, end in victory for my battle brothers. With the Dreadnought at 1 wound remaining, and through the combined efforts of it, and 5 additional Deathwing Terminators.

• 4 weeks later...

Update time

Got a 2k game of our hybrid 5th edition game in-CC themed nids(4th) VS chaos (3.5)-khorne

I sold my nids off a long time ago so i borrowed these from a friend so they were not WYSIWYG.

NXX1qka.jpg

Edited by mughi3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Small 1k game against a Necron buddy of mine.

He came with quite a strong and fun Canoptek list, with scarabs, spyders, and doomstalker. All with a good number of warriors and deathmarks.

I answered with a small elite force, with deathwing terminators, deathwing knights, ravenwing black knights, a ven dread and landspeeder vengeance, led on the field by the master of my deathwing.

IMG-20210119-114237159.jpg

The battle ended with most of the Astartes on the board. I only lost a terminator per squad, a couple of bikes, and the vehicles. The necrons were left with just one deathmark, the overlord and the cryptek. Still, kill counts do not win battles in 9th, and the engagement ended on a score of 77 over 67, in favor of the Necrons.

A hell of a time was had by all, though. Absolutely amazing game.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a rematch this week against the same necron opponent from my last picture. This time, the Astartes crushed the necrons in under three battle rounds! This one moment was the highlight of the battle. My company master, facing off against a unit of Wraiths.

IMG-20210126-114938384.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings all. 

i finally got in a long awaited battle VS the horde of greenskins in our hybrid 5th ed game., 

The ork player wrote up a silly horde list but only came up with 1,600 points as his army is still under construction

We ended up doing a 12" deployment 3 objective game. 

At the beginning it looked like so

x4jBlcd.jpg

Near the end it looked more like this

33dDLby.jpg

Game went to turn 6 with orks scrapping by with a narrow  but clear victory.  with only a wounded gazkull, 2 nobs, and 2 boys left on the table... sitting on all the objectives. if i had that last turn i likely would have turned back the green tide since i was still rolling with my land raider achillies + master of the forge/servitor squad, vengeance battlecannon battery, and 2 tactical marines.(well and an immobilized ironclad but it wasn't like he was going to add much). great game had by all with happy orks and Gaz rolling invul saves like a BOSS! (made five 5++ saves  fighting dreadnoughts)

P.S. the FOW tanks were representing his zzap guns and grot crews he had written into the list but forgot to bring with him. 

Next up was a demo of the best game GW has ever made-

thats right some battlefleet gothic. 1,500 points

i borrowed the FLGS display fleet (imperial navy) and let the other player use a mix of some of my chaos and a store ship.

It was a brutal slug match

Both sides had an admiral with re-rolls

Imperial side-

.retribution-battleship

.mars-battlecruiser

.X2 dominator-cruiser

.gothic-cruiser

Chaos side-khorne themed fleet

.the conqueror (angrons battleship from the great crusade)

.styx heavy (carrier) cruiser

.X3 slaughter class cruisers

X1vmwJl.jpg