The First Crusade Force

Figured out my first Sororitas Crusade Force. It is a Bloody Rose Patrol which will be sent to Orison's Wake to take control of the planet's Penitent Legion. It's only a 25 PL force, but it is designed to be a very elite force; Orison's Wake becomes a focal point for a gathering of the Triumph after the warp storms that have kept the system obscured for 3 millenia finally fade.

The rationale for sending such a concentration of power with such a small force is that the detachment will be reinforcing the Mission of Saint Katherine's Aegis, which is already fortified by a Brigade of the Order of Our Martyred Lady. Very soon, I'll be posting a fair amount of detailed background in the Chronicle of Saint Katherine's Aegis forum, which has been in an awkward state of limbo since the pandemic. 

I decided to keep the force 25 PL; it's initial battles will be against small cult armies, so I wanted a tough army with a low model count. As such, I burned a requisition point on a Warlord Trait and a Relic for the Cannoness AND a Warlord Trait for the Repentia Superior. Like I said, small force, but elite. Finally, this list shamefully exploits slotless elites, allowing me to include 5 elite units in a detachment with only 2 elite slots.

Here it is:

Penitent Legion of the Keening Wail

Bloody Rose Patrol:

Battles: 0               Crusade Points: 3             Supply Limit: 25 PL               Requisition Points: 2

Cannoness Kierra Fairmont: 3PL

Warlord Trait: Blazing Ire (+ 1 Crusade Point)

Inferno Pistol

Beneficence (+ 1 Crusade Point)

Battle Sisters Squad: Sisters of Penitent Wrath: 4 PL

Sister Superior Aleena Fayne: Plasma Pistol + Power Sword

Sister Stephanie Thrall: Simulacrum Imperialis

Sister Helena Burgess: Heavy Flamer

Sister Miranda Hayle: Meltagun

Sister Marta Noctis

Incensor Cherub Rubael

Preacher: Dorian the Anointed: 1 PL

Bolt Pistol + Chainsword

Arcoflagellants: The Oathbroken: 3 PL (Slotless due to Preacher)

Endurant: Malakai 837

4 x Arcoflagellants

Crusaders: Crimson Cardinals, The Brothers Animus: 1 PL (Slotless due to Preacher)

2 x Crusaders

Repentia Superior: Sister Superior Lexa of Malice: 2 PL (Slotless due to Repentia)

Warlord Trait: Righteous Rage (+ 1 Crusade Point)

Sisters Repentia: The War-torn: 5 PL

9 x Repentia: Sisters Aberrant, Rage, Avarice, Wrath, Foresworn, Wayward, Sorrow, Spite and Terror

Mortifier Anchorite: Sister Peril: 3PL

Heavy Bolters

Penitent Flails

Mortifier Anchorite: Sister Sacrilege: 3PL

Heavy Bolters

Penitent Flails

Obviously, this particular Crusade relies almost entirely on Melee. I am under no illusions about how difficult it might be for this army for the first few games- we are going to get shot to pieces if cover, charge and advance rolls and Miracle dice don't work for us. I've got 10 PL worth of supply limit upgrades in the bank, so if we get pounded into the dirt game 1, I'll probably dump all my RP into it and get some more shooty stuff.

I have enough painted metal to field this right now; unfortunately, it's painted as OoOML. I am working on the Bloody Rose Equivalent in plastic, but I think I will play a few prologue games with this force using metal to get a feel for it. The Crusade would have fought at least a few battles together before arriving at Orison's Wake.

It's weird; in many of the sources along the way, they have said the 50PL is for both sides. They do provide each army with 5 requisition points, and if you spent them all on supply limit, you could get to 50.

But then in other examples, they actually build 50PL forces and then don't talk about the 5 bonus requisition points.

Either way though, this force is designed to fit a campaign where the antagonists to Imperials start as 5 model kill teams, so the Imperial forces have to be very small. I figure it will probably be the 10th game for GSC before they have 25 PL to field. Having said that, all 10 of the games in question will be WAY less than an hour. Game 1 is Spacehulk, and it will probably be 90 minutes tops. Games 2-4 will be played in one night, games 5-7  in one night and then there will be two more conventional games. That should do it.

I'll be plastering B&C with bat reps and missions as the campaign goes on; I've been planning this forever, but there was always something stopping me from pulling the trigger. When they announced a new edition, after I got over my initial frustration, I decided to start on release day and play hard. This is a big story, and if an edition only lasts 3 years, we don't have a lot of time to tell it.

Edited by ThePenitentOne