Interrogator Chaplain Conversion

Spaced Hulk

Hi everyone, hope you're all well. It's been a while since I last posted anything but I am still working on my Unforgiven. Here's my latest project, a converted Dark Angels Interrogator Chaplain:

gallery_917_16510_1085908.jpg

gallery_917_16510_16608.jpg

gallery_917_16510_747142.jpg

gallery_917_16510_464425.jpg

And here's the artwork that inspired the conversion:

gallery_917_16510_183258.jpg

Thanks for looking! ☺

Cables right in the eyesocket, that's Grimdark as heck. I love how much it looks like the artwork, the conversion is spot on.

The censer looks odd though. I would reverse the grip, or making the rope coil around the hand once should do the trick as well. Some braided thin wire would make a decent rope.

Cheers brothers! Here's the alternative build (still needs some greenstuff to tidy up the wrist):

gallery_917_16510_678497.jpg

gallery_917_16510_1384268.jpg

It's diverging from the original artwork, but then I'd already done that with the censor anyway. I think I prefer it, as it helps to reinforce that this is a Dark Angel, and that he's ready for combat as well as interrogations ☺.

Edited by Spaced Hulk

A few suggestions, if I may, on your updated pose:

1. Use some greenstuff to fill that gap in between the sword hand and the blade - that gap doesn't look natural.

2. Cut off the buttons on his coat, to make it look more like a robe, and then use some greenstuff to get rid of the creases next to them, to make it look uniform. I suspect that robe might have been from a doctor kit from another series?

3. Perhaps some Dark Angel logos/decals on either his shoulder, or on his robe?

Also, I presume that blade is the tip from the Halberd of Caliban, how did you get it so short, while preserving it's look? Genuinely curious. 

2. Cut off the buttons on his coat, to make it look more like a robe, and then use some greenstuff to get rid of the creases next to them, to make it look uniform. I suspect that robe might have been from a doctor kit from another series?

3. Perhaps some Dark Angel logos/decals on either his shoulder, or on his robe?

Not a doctor's coat actually. That body is one of the "Prime Legionaries Bodies: Robed" bodies [their TotallyNot!Dark Angels Primaris :laugh.:] from Kromlech, specifically Body 1.

However, I do agree that there should be more Dark Angels iconography :yes:

Edited by Gederas

Final pics before I get him primed:

gallery_917_16510_316332.jpg

gallery_917_16510_66626.jpg

gallery_917_16510_692628.jpg

gallery_917_16510_1170247.jpg

gallery_917_16510_1135340.jpg

@ Gederas: Thanks mate, and steal away!☺

@ Skywrath: Cheers mate ☺ I'm going to keep the buttons though, as I think they make the model more closely resemble the artwork. As you can see, there's already a DA chapter symbol on the left shoulder pad, and I'll probably add some decals to the robes/coat as well. I'll be painting him with dark robes (either black or dark grey) like the artwork, so some iconography might help to break up the scheme a little.

The blade is indeed from a Halbard of Caliban, attached to a Grey Knight falchion hand and hilt. I just very carefully shaved it down with a sharp knife to turn it into a dagger.

Yes! Spaced Hulk has returned! It’s great to see more awesomeness coming out of you brother. That chaplain is just screaming all sorts of grimdark, excellent work! I think my only concern, if at all, would be the left arm. I love the pimp stick crozius, but I just feel the left arm is kinda... hanging? If that makes any sense. The bend of the elbow and the wrist more suggests to me him resting a full length staff on the ground. Just a small observation, and it might be too late as you are about to prime him

I like the conversion a lot but i would beef up that crozius head

In the DA veterans sprue and also in the RW sprue there are some cool banner tops you can use to make some cool crozius heads

I did the same on the primaria Chaplain and the crozius is now more imposing (and the skull at the top of the crozius is now on top of a aggressors sgt back pack to show his rank)

Edited by Master Sheol

Looks awesome! Well done, dagger was the way to go - for the up close and personal touch.

Agree with comment about crozius, I like that it's simple, but if it had wings or an iron halo or something it would read more like a deadly weapon than magic wand.or just add a bunch of spikes like the artwork? :)

Either way great work, look forward to seeing it painted!