Harlequins Transition to 9th

The Yncarne

Hi

I usually start a new army each edition. Since I haven't used harlequins since 2nd edition, I want to give them a spin now. I'll probably use my Craftworlds or kabalites as support until I can do a harlequins only army.

My first thought was to run a battalion of Soaring Spite (for anti-horde and vehicle), and one of Frozen Stars (for HTH). However, with the changes to Command Points, I wonder if going "all in" on one masque or doing more of a 70/30 split for the two masques is better.

Does anybody have insight into a single vs multiple masque army?

Sorry I can't be much help with your queries other than because points are high for our army I've never even tried to field multiple detachments. With multiple masques just make sure you don't confuse what's what. With 9th on the horizon and not knowing what points will become, hard to coach. Edited by Dread

Thanks Dread. 

I have a 2,000 list for 8th, but with points changes coming I’m sure I’ll be over. For now I’m just wondering if I should go with one or two masque forms. I’m leaning towards the former although the latter seemed encouraged in what 8th Ed articles I’ve read. 

Thanks again