Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Harlequins Transition to 9th

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,469 posts
  • Faction: Cosmic Chorus

Hi

I usually start a new army each edition. Since I haven't used harlequins since 2nd edition, I want to give them a spin now. I'll probably use my Craftworlds or kabalites as support until I can do a harlequins only army.

My first thought was to run a battalion of Soaring Spite (for anti-horde and vehicle), and one of Frozen Stars (for HTH). However, with the changes to Command Points, I wonder if going "all in" on one masque or doing more of a 70/30 split for the two masques is better.

Does anybody have insight into a single vs multiple masque army?

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,454 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
Sorry I can't be much help with your queries other than because points are high for our army I've never even tried to field multiple detachments. With multiple masques just make sure you don't confuse what's what. With 9th on the horizon and not knowing what points will become, hard to coach.

Edited by Dread, 21 July 2020 - 06:37 AM.

• The Blood Raven likes this
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.pnggallery-30308-9518-8597.jpggallery-94427-16628-12663.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,469 posts
  • Faction: Cosmic Chorus

Thanks Dread. 

I have a 2,000 list for 8th, but with points changes coming I’m sure I’ll be over. For now I’m just wondering if I should go with one or two masque forms. I’m leaning towards the former although the latter seemed encouraged in what 8th Ed articles I’ve read. 

Thanks again

• Dread likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users