Fists 2.5k for a short campaign

My club is playing a short weekend campaign on the first weelend of august. For this I trief to go for a sort of all comers list. There will be no named charakters so no templars and sigismund for me sadly.

I'll face a mix of legions amd propably some mechanicum as well. The techmarine might be replaced by another mortis dread but I feel like playing him again. Also I thought he might be good versus thallax which do a lot to speedbump me.

The support squad could also take meltas or I could give some meltas to my veterans to get some more vehicle killing capacity. On the other hand with machine killers the vets will shoot their plasma at s8 as well.

The support squad outflanks with the support squad. Hopefully to where it hurts and tales an apothecary with it. The weaponsmasters vets and the praetor take another apothecary with them in the phobos and hopefully punch something off an objective. The two other vet squads just take objectives and habe enough teeth to threaten medium tough enemies and survive a round or two in combat while denying objectives. The dread, scorpius and Techmarine lend some killing power and should combo nicely vs mechanicum robots.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [2,501pts] ++

+ HQ +

Praetor, Legion [215pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Digital Lasers, Divining Blades, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Melta Bombs, On Foot

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [130pts]

. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Sword

. Apothecary, Legion: Artificer Armour, Power Sword

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [185pts]: Extra Armour, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon x 2

Techmarine Covenant [176pts]

. Techmarine, Legion: Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, Power Axe, Rad Grenades, Servo-arm

. . Servo-automata

. . . Missile Launcher: Rad Missiles

. . Servo-automata

. . Servo-automata

+ Troops +

Tactical Support Squad, Legion Plasma Gun [274pts]: Plasma gun, Support Squad

. Additional Wargear: Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade

. Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs, Plasma Gun

. . Power Weapon: Power Axe

. 6x Space Marines, Legion: 6x Bolt Pistols, 6x Frag and Krak Grenades, 6x Power Armour

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [295pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 9x Chainswords/Combat Blades, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 2x Plasma gun, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion, Vexilla, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Dozer Blade

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Axe

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [295pts]: 9x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, 9x Chainswords/Combat Blades, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 2x Plasma gun, 9x Veteran Space Marines, Legion, Vexilla, Legion

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Dozer Blade

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Axe

Veteran Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [281pts]: 7x Bolt Pistol, 7x Bolter, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 7x Power Sword, 7x Veteran Space Marines, Legion, Veteran Tactics: Weaponmasters, Vexilla, Legion

. Veteran Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Thunder Hammer

+ Heavy Support +

Land Raider Battle Squadron, Legion [270pts]

. Land Raider Proteus: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Explorator Augury Web, Extra Armour, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

Land Raider Battle Squadron, Legion [265pts]

. Land Raider Phobos: Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Dozer Blade, Extra Armour, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon Sponsons

Whirlwind Scorpius, Legion [115pts]: Scorpius Multi-Launcher

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: VII: Imperial Fists, Loyalist

Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules On

++ Total: [2,501pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

P.s. the aim here is not to loose horribly, but also not enter waac territory.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Greetings, I have a few comments or suggestions:

- First of all, does praetor have a master-crafted bolt pistol? That's a ballsy move I have to say, probably unprecedented even! Or are you MCing Melta bomb (wait, it's legal?)

But seriously, Divining Blade is already Master crafted and it's a relic anyway... so not sure what you meant here

- I'd be veeery cautious about equiping whole squad, a relatively small and fragile squad too, with full swords. They might look tempting, charging from LR and annihilating anyone. You want these guys as both meatshields for Praetor and his retinue. And a couple of them are bound to die rather sooner than later- those red shirts shouldn't waste points on weapons.

Aside from that, while Praetor and Sarge handle 2+ armour well, the rest has literally basic CCW against them. Could I perhaps interest you in a few Axes? Unwieldy but always brings the pain.

Also, Apothecaries are really bad at fighting, compared to Veterans you lose 1A and 1Ws and pay the same price for swords.

- Techmarine and his toasters are fairly...undecided dare I say. They try to do different things and IMO they fail. What troubles me is this - Techmarine has one wound. So do automatas. T5 is cool but with 5+ save if anything sneezes in their general direction they are dead. The way I see it Cyber Familiar is not saving anyone. They should be as far away as possible, entreched in deepest cover that you can find. So, how are they going to employ Rad Nades? They won't.You are likely aware of it but keep in mind that Techmarine is not Independent Character, so he is stuck there.

Now, if you want to have a very dangerous melee combatant that can repair vehicles and bring Rad missile then behold - Forge Lord! Normal centurion stats with Familiar and Rad Nades make him very scary indeed

If you prefer to stay with the techmarine I suggest droping Bombs, Familiar and Nade and investing into very cheap Augury Scanner and maybe even consider Conversion Beamer. It's expensive and hard to use but droping S10 AP1 blasts from 42" is always fun. But you probs better off without it.

- While it's hardly an outrageous expense, chainswords for Support squad are likely not too useful. If they are charged, it's already a disaster; if they are the ones charging, then you apparently didn't shoot the plasma guns...

But all in all I think the list looks decent. Maybe a little bit short on anti tank firepower.

Hi,

Thanks for your comments!

- I didnt realize the divining blades were already mastercrafted. Thats out then.

- I am not married to the weaponsmasters vets. Normally I take sigismund, 8 templars and an apothecary as a melee bomb that can also hold an objective. I could of course also take templars for this list, but they are way more expensive and dont count as troops. Power axes are cool and I like them I just dont have that many of them modelled. The models for melee I have are templar brethren. Not married to the power sword apothecaries but I'd like to give one to the apothecary who goes with the proteus squad, just so they can do a bit more in mele against basic pa.

-the tac support squad: I am still on the fence wetger I should give them meltas for more at or stick with plasma guns that can scratch tough armour but also annoy tanks hopefully.

All in all what I could do from your suggestions is:

Out with the techmarine, just have him laying around and thought it'd be fun to play him. No points for a forgelord plus radmissilie automata.

Meltas on the tac support, maybe one less apothecary then and one more gun in the squad. More at.

Weaponsmasters vets become templar brethren. They will still struggle with ap2 except for their sarge and the preator, true.

Add in another contemptor mortis with 2x Kheres.

Alternative would be a cortus with chainfist fist and two grav guns. Could also go for two plasma blasters for more ap2, but that looses me the chainfist.

With that list I'd have 3 squads with meltabombs, two lrs and one squad with meltaguns to deal with enemy tanks. Granted one lr and his melta toting filling will outflank turn two.

I could of course also make my vets carry meltas with machine killers, put the proteus on the board turn 1 and put 9 plasma guns + apithecary in it and hopefully let them lay down ap2 fire all game long.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian