Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alternate Bladeguard Kit leaked

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,397 posts

didn't see this posted yet

3lSdBAH.jpg

• Doghouse, Azaiel, Prot and 10 others like this

SirJyo

SirJyo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 354 posts
  • Faction: Black templars,
Wonder if they will have the ability to take TH, removing the shield for a bolt pistol seems like a downgrade
  • templargdt likes this
Who?

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,008 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

I think one of the painted Dark Angels bladeguard shown earlier was also from this kit, as it had the scabbard which I haven't seen on any of the indomitus ones.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,575 posts

Wonder if they will have the ability to take TH, removing the shield for a bolt pistol seems like a downgrade

Shield is strapped to his back, bruddah
  • Arbedark and Volt like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,111 posts

He's still got the shield. Look at his backpack

• Arbedark and Volt like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,031 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Pretty sure that is the multipart kit. 

• Doghouse and mel_danes like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,191 posts
Nice find. I agree it's the multipart kit.
I'm curious about the assault intercessors.

Intercessors have 3 types of bolsters, should assault have 3 types of assault weapons?

Chainswords, eviscerators and power weapons?
  • Nocturne Noble likes this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,747 posts
Plasma pistol option for the sergeant the only confirmed/pictured weapon variant?
  • RedFox likes this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,091 posts
I’m most hoping for the ability to leave the holster off the models easily. It’s the only bit of the models I’m not keen on. Anything else would just be a cherry on top :)

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts
Notice the left vambrace does not have the symbol on it, like the boxed set has. I hope that is the crusade symbol, I've been asking for the campaign badge since day 1.
  • Felix Antipodes likes this

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 638 posts

Love that shield on the backpack. Hopefully these guys come out soon, I've got a hankering to kitbash a primaris size GK kill team now!

• 01RTB01 likes this

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Sargeant Centurion

Sargeant Centurion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 128 posts
  • Faction: Green Ultramarines

I hope i can build them whit the shield raised in front of the body, like the easy to build ones, dont like so much the "counter balanced technique" in this.

Edited by Sargeant Centurion, 21 July 2020 - 04:33 PM.

GUMIA!!!, to ME!!!!.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,754 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
So excited! Bladeguard are my favorite of the new Marines and I can't wait to get more outside of Indomitus.
  • mel_danes and Medjugorje like this

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts
Also I think this cements us that the squad is indeed locked at 3 veterans per.
  • Doghouse likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,358 posts

Those like nice, and great the sergeant has the plasma pistol option.

I wouldn't want to be the teenage mutant ninja turtle cosplayer though if he needed his shield in a hurry. :D

This is making it difficult not to make Black Templars.

With any luck it's 6 models to a unit.

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,145 posts
Oooo nice! I’m down for a kit. Love these upcoming Primaris releases

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,358 posts

One thing I just thought of, if this kit comes with spare sheathed power swords it'll be great source of Sergeant bits and custom Captains.

• Felix Antipodes, Jack of the Pelt, KBA and 5 others like this

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,911 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Awesome. Really hope there’s some 2hand weapon option. Their blades are awesome weapons, but more for the rule of cool and variety.
  • Sete and Boyadventurer like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,191 posts

Awesome. Really hope there’s some 2hand weapon option. Their blades are awesome weapons, but more for the rule of cool and variety.

It's one of the things I actually want, so obviously to spite me Gee Dubs didnt do it.
  • Ahistorian likes this

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,145 posts

Give me axes! My Omega Hounds demand it— and so does my wallet (bitz buying alternatives on eBay adds up lol).

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,397 posts

Give me axes! My Omega Hounds demand it— and so does my wallet (bitz buying alternatives on eBay adds up lol).

wolf players would love that. we have, like 2 power sword bitz to choose from to splice in with a kitbash and a hojillion axe bitz to choose from.

• lionofjudah likes this

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,068 posts

Why? The Inceptor and Aggressor MPK squads come in threes as well, but they can have up to six in the squad.

• Shinespider and Ahistorian like this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,008 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

Same alternate kit also showed in an earlier photo posted on their facebook. It has at least a different shoulderpad style as well to the indomitus ones. I think the legs here are the same as the UM sergeant.

jq4oDiY.jpg

• Arbedark, Mmmmm Napalm, Danosborne and 3 others like this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,397 posts

Same alternate kit also showed in an earlier photo posted on their facebook. It has at least a different shoulderpad style as well to the indomitus ones. I think the legs here are the same as the UM sergeant.

jq4oDiY.jpg

ah yes, note the scabbard.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,945 posts

Interesting. I mean a multipartkit was obviously coming, but its nice to see it nonetheless.

What do we have here then? Headswaps are an obvious addition, alternate poses, different weapons (well, plasma pistol for sergeant anyway), shield on backpack is pretty neat.

as has been noticed, the vambrace icon isn't there (which I still think is Indomitus crusade badge), but the shields still have that overall design... and I think i spy it still hanging from a chain from one of them, so I guess they'll blend together fine with the Indomnitus ones. 

Does raise a bit of a concern that while these new units all seem to have the badge, none of the older Primaris ones do, so will they look out of place together?

• mel_danes likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users