Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alternate Bladeguard Kit leaked

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,564 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
It's a repulsor, land speeders wouldn't be in Deathwing.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

Did we really need an identical version of the set with the same options and roughly the same look?

Do we need a kit that has the option to pose the models as we want, to have weapon options like plasma pistols, to put on helmetless heads and with separate shoulder pads to put on the pads with sculpted chapter iconografy?

I guess you already know that the reply is YES

A hobby saw and a file would have solved all of your issues without this Primaris wave eating up even more of the release schedule on a kit that doesn't actually add much. Maybe they can bundle it in with the landspeeder and latest Primaris tank so we can get to proper faction updates that much sooner...

So they shpould never had put a kit with separate Inceptors, Intercessors and hellblasters forcing people that wanted more of them to buy more dark imperium boxes and try to sell the DG part and rulebook

And you cannot bundle the bladeguard alone with other things

In Indomitus they are in a big sprue together with the Bladeguard Ancient, Chaplain, Judiciar, Eradicators

But yes instead making a separate kit of Bladeguard let's fill the houses of SM players with Chaplains and Judiciars they will never use ;)

Edited by Master Sheol, 21 July 2020 - 09:25 PM.

• Antarius likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

dogfender

dogfender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,058 posts
  • Faction: Relictors
I think the comment was more about just using the same sculpts as a snap together kit instead of have another multi build option.
I would just hope that in this “multi part” kit that there are more options available otherwise they may as well have just used the same snap together (with a different mold).

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts

Did we really need an identical version of the set with the same options and roughly the same look?

Do we need a kit that has the option to pose the models as we want, to have weapon options like plasma pistols, to put on helmetless heads and with separate shoulder pads to put on the pads with sculpted chapter iconografy?

A hobby saw and a file would have solved all of your issues without this Primaris wave eating up even more of the release schedule on a kit that doesn't actually add much. Maybe they can bundle it in with the landspeeder and latest Primaris tank so we can get to proper faction updates that much sooner...

So they shpould never had put a kit with separate Inceptors, Intercessors and hellblasters forcing people that wanted more of them to buy more dark imperium boxes and try to sell the DG part and rulebook

In Indomitus they are in a big sprue together with the Bladeguard Ancient, Chaplain, Judiciar, Eradicators

But yes instead making a separate kit of Bladeguard let's fill the houses of SM players with Chaplains and Judiciars they will never use msn-wink.gif

It's funny you mention that- because all those kits had actual, meaningful options and were noticeably different from the snap fits.

ie: Dark Imperium kits couldn't be used for the multipart variations 1:1.

The Bladeguard don't have that going for them. It's already done but it definitely shows skewed decision making by GW at a time when pretty much everything else (including getting Primaris releases out of the way so factions can have meaningful updates) should have been higher priority.

Edited by Lucerne, 21 July 2020 - 09:38 PM.

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,135 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

But yes instead making a separate kit of Bladeguard let's fill the houses of SM players with Chaplains and Judiciars they will never use msn-wink.gif
It's funny you mention that- because all those kits had actual, meaningful options and were noticeably different from the snap fits.

The Bladeguard don't have that going for them. It's already done but it definitely shows skewed decision making by GW at a time when pretty much everything else (including getting Primaris releases out of the way so factions can have meaningful updates) should have been higher priority.

Do we know the bladeguard wont have options? I'd be shocked if there were none.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts

Do we know the bladeguard wont have options? I'd be shocked if there were none.

The lack of options on the image makes me assume the worst. If it does have a meaningful tweak to the loadout, then naturally I don't have as many objections...but it really doesn't look like that's the case.

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,135 posts
I imagine theyd try to avoid having images of stuff before it's time.

Some other melee weapon options would be cool for example.

I'll reserve right to grump when it comes out lol.
  • quasistellar likes this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,963 posts

You never know that could just be the vanilla loadout and we may get something like thunderhammers as an option.

Actually it will be interesting to see what the Sergeant options are, thunderhammer or powerfist might be interesting.

• Lexington likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

I mean - yes? What, should new units only be available via limited run boxes?

The Venomcrawler, Blightbringer, Plaguecaster, Chosen, Obliterators, Master of Possession and Cultists to an extent make me a sad panda. sad.png

Exactly 100% why we should always desire separate kits no matter the situation.
  • DeadFingers, Sarges and MegaVolt87 like this

lordhellblade

lordhellblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts

I just want an ETB Bladeguard and an ETB Assault Intercessor kit.  I'd prefer a five man squad for each at higher price point   of $25 to $35/$40, but even if they just did  3 man squads at $15 dollars I'd be happy.  If the Allarus Custodes, and  Mulit-part Agressors is anything to go by, the Multi-part kit for the Bladeguard is likely going to be $50 for the three, which is censored.gif  ridiculous.  Heck it may even be $60 for the three like it is with the Deathshroud/Blightlord Terminator kit   

Edited by lordhellblade, 21 July 2020 - 11:26 PM.

• mel_danes, Duke Danse Macabre and Silas7 like this

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts
Is it just me, or is the dude with the bolter the second model posed in such a way to have weirdly bowed legs? I noticed that the new Dark Angel master model had reverse bow leg syndrome, and this model seems to have that same, uh, issue?

I don’t have either model, so can’t really tell, but it just looked weird to me. I mean Lazarus’ left leg looks like it’s really breaking inward at the knee from the pictures I’ve seen, and that Bladeguard on the right looks similar. Just curious is all.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

I just want an ETB Bladeguard and an ETB Assault Intercessor kit. I'd prefer a five man squad for each at higher price point of $25 to $35/$40, but even if they just did 3 man squads at $15 dollars I'd be happy. If the Allarus Custodes, and Mulit-part Agressors is anything to go by, the Multi-part kit for the Bladeguard is likely going to be $50 for the three, which is censored.gif ridiculous. Heck it may even be $60 for the three like it is with the Deathshroud/Blightlord Terminator kit

The assault intercessors in Indomitus are already a 5 men EtB kit
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I honestly doubt the Bladeguard Veterans will get something like a Thunderhammer option. It's kinda in the name. :sweat:

• mel_danes, Progenitor, Slave to Darkness and 4 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

mel_danes

mel_danes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 403 posts

I honestly doubt the Not Hammer guard Veterans will get something like a Thunderhammer option. It's kinda in the name. :sweat:

Agreed.
I suspect the Master Crafted Power Swords are going to be thier trademark; along with the specific Storm Shield they wield.

Edited by mel_danes, 22 July 2020 - 05:21 AM.

SoulessGod

SoulessGod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines
Unless the bladeguard bit is in reference to them guarding from blades, not using them.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Unless the bladeguard bit is in reference to them guarding from blades, not using them.

I bet all my warhammer stuff that it's not that. :D

• Slave to Darkness and Brother Adelard like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Rhavien

Rhavien

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 110 posts

I honestly doubt the Not Hammer guard Veterans will get something like a Thunderhammer option. It's kinda in the name. :sweat:

Agreed.
I suspect the Master Crafted Power Swords are going to be thier trademark; along with the specific Storm Shield they wield.

A two handed sword option would be nice, though. Maybe a one in three option mirroring the new necron cc destroyers.

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 978 posts
My guess is there'll be some options for the sergeant at least, as well as some different bits/heads/pose options. I also think it is completely unsurprising (and very sensible) that they're releasing a non-limited multipart kit of a new marine unit.

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,878 posts
The "old" Vanguard had that big relic blade. One can hope the same.

I agree that while the name is "BladeGuard" having a selection of power weapon bits would only help to sell the kit.

Edited by Sete, 22 July 2020 - 08:05 AM.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

The "old" Vanguard had that big relic blade. One can hope the same.

I agree that while the name is "BladeGuard" having a selection of power weapon bits would only help to sell the kit.

Axes have blades too :D
  • mel_danes and quasistellar like this

Mmmmm Napalm

Mmmmm Napalm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 228 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Everyone says this confirms the multipart bladeguard kit won't have any options, but I think people are overlooking one distinct possibility: that it will be a dual build kit like Infiltrators/Incursors are.
  • Blindhamster, Lexington, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,135 posts

I'd hope for maybe axes plus their existing swords, and maybe alternative pistol options. a two handed sword would indeed be cool.

Honestly i'm just looking forward to some legit primaris CC units.

• Sete likes this

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

One thing I hated about Dark Imperium models is that they were the 'budget' versions of the multipart models. If you compare the models from the DI with the multipart one's, you will see that they are of lower quality. I hope this isn't the case with Indomitus. The fact that Indomitus Bladeguard don't have scabbards is the first red sign.

apologist

apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,287 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines: The Praetors of Calth

One the other hand, the Intercessors in Dark Imperium have some lovely poses that are impossible to make with the multipart kit, such as the one sighting down his rifle. 

Having separate easy-to-build and multipart kits gives variety in pose and detail, so always gets the thumbs-up from me. 

With that said, it's nice to get some additional options. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a multi-part Bladeguard kit including some other options. The Bladeguard might be limited to swords and shields, but there are plenty of kits that are dual build – perhaps we'll see another Veteran unit type in the same box?

Edited by apologist, 22 July 2020 - 09:03 AM.

• Disruptor_fe404, mel_danes, Blindhamster and 4 others like this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

The Alien Wars – Blood Angels in the Nova Terra Interregnum | May You Live Forever – A narrative Iron Hands blog

Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM
Thinking about it: a multipart plastic kit with only the same weapons already found in the ETB kit doesn’t make much sense. GW wants to sell that $50-60 kit to those who already have the Indomitus box, multiple times if possible.
Not having different weapons would offer little to no incentive in getting such a multipart kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users