Incursors pack markings

GW has (IMHO) completely and totally dropped the lore ball on Space Wolf Primaris. I also plan to paint them as scouts because our scouts are elite forward operatives, not newbies. But with the haphazard approach GW has taken to ramming primaris down Space Wolves throats, I would say anything goes.

Figure out how they work in your army and come up with your own lore for them. Paint them how they fit in your army. It will definitely be better lore than GW has provided.

GW has (IMHO) completely and totally dropped the lore ball on Space Wolf Primaris. I also plan to paint them as scouts because our scouts are elite forward operatives, not newbies. 

Yeah, and likewise, I had my Aggressors painted with the Black and Yellow Wolf Guard pack markings, as I just don't get the Long Fang vibe from them, so I ignored the guidance to paint them as Fangs, too.

Now, the new Eradicators I can definitely see as painting with Long Fang markings, so I'm going with that.  Just making everything consistent with my head-canon, even if it doesn't fit in with what GW has provided in that White Dwarf from a couple months back.

I have to say I do like how the codex doesn’t say a certain unit as pack markings. It doesn’t say blood claw markings it says close combat support packs. So for aggressors yeah I agree long fangs don’t really fit, but fire support pack does fit.

Thanks for all the advice, I think I’ll go with the scout markings. I don’t really see how sneaky and blood thirsty must charge everything match each over. It’s cool how in space wolves scouting is not just the newbies for more for experience warriors.

I have to say I do like how the codex doesn’t say a certain unit as pack markings. It doesn’t say blood claw markings it says close combat support packs. So for aggressors yeah I agree long fangs don’t really fit, but fire support pack does fit.

Thanks for all the advice, I think I’ll go with the scout markings. I don’t really see how sneaky and blood thirsty must charge everything match each over. It’s cool how in space wolves scouting is not just the newbies for more for experience warriors.

incursors aren't really Infiltrators. Theyre the gun fighters and demolitions guys. They rush up and rip stuff up with their Xray vision Aim Bot hacks and wall bang anything from max range. There is not a lot of stealth with these guys.

A bit of lore/fluff on incursors

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Incursor

Edited by Debauchery101

When i read Prospero Burns i recall a conversation between Hawser and either Bjorn or the Wolf Priest on how The Rout was perceived by most everyone to be a pack of animals. Hawser was actually surprised by the fact that most often the Sons of Russ have already stalked and learned how defeat their enemies, allowing for them violently attack in a spectacular way. They learn a lot of that alone, after thrown into the wild of Fenris. Theyre hunted by and have to hunt beasts as big and bigger than they are.

Thanks! I’m not sold on the bases. I thought I’d try something different with the bases and thought of the sector imperialis bases, but with the colors on the armor I’m not so sure. I also want to clean up the face and pack markings for next time.

Nice scheme. Are you doing a Wolf Spear great company?

Do you have any weathering powder? Or any of the dry brush technical paints? I find for metal bases its best to go mostly dusty, rusty and/or painted.

The powders easily dull and are quite easy. I like Tamiya. Buy a bunch of dollar store makeup applicators. Use a mask if you do a lot at once because it doesn't really adhere and as you brush off excess you will breath it in.

The dry brush GW tech paints can be watered down and applied like a glaze that drys super flat. I really like using those for streak effects for rust and the look of silty water that dries like a super thin layer of dirt on tires and panels

Edited by Debauchery101

I didn’t intend to do the wolf’s spear but I guess I’m not to far off. Which is funny because my wolves are also 90% primaris lol.

I have not tried the weathering powder but always down to try.

I did put some Ryza rust on the broken parts of the base but I need to refine the technique