Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crusade

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: Fallen Angels
So my FLGS is putting on a Crusade campaign and I'd like to play Traitor Guard. What regimental doctrine from the Astra Militarum codex would you recommend for me to use since R&H are effectively dead as of 9th Edition?

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts
I think any doctrines could work, Traitor Guard should be just as diverse as regular guard.

I think some of the custom doctrines could make neat choices. Catachan doctrines could work for Khornates.
  • Juggernut and Daemon Prince Marbas like this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Kevlarshark

Kevlarshark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts

I use Catachan as a sort of Blood Pact analog.  Strength to represent a more martial close combat ability, fairly brutal firepower from tanks and aritillary (which also fits) and some nice buffing characters.  

• N1SB likes this

"I saw your Emperor. A handful of times, back in the age before he betrayed us all...
And he was no god. Perhaps not a man, but never a god."

gallery_17264_1670_28658.jpg gallery_17264_1670_711.gifgallery_17264_1670_3292.gif

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 592 posts

Valhallan works great as well for a lot of tanks or the not caring of mass death as well. It's what I use for my own Traitor Guard aligned with my Iron Warriors.

Really, you could come up with any of the doctrines to work for one styled army or another.

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgallery_29004_9303_844.png ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,649 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

There should be fun things in the PA: the greater good book I think, when it comes to doctrines.

Whichever doctrine you choose, remember to post pictures. :)

• Daemon Prince Marbas likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he´╗┐ saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Daemon Prince Marbas

Daemon Prince Marbas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: Fallen Angels
I will
  • N1SB and Tallarn Commander like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users