Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting ready for 9th

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I dug out my Ltd Edition Wolf Guard 7th Ed Codex to have a read through in order to get my creative juices flowing. It’s packed with amazing art work and lore about all the Great Companies of Fenris.

I’ve decided to convert some Blade Guard using the new Assault Intercessors as the base for the minis.

I want to achieve more of a charging headlong into the fight rather than the static look of the new models.

What are my fellow brothers of the fang doing to whittle down the time till 9th hits, and what will be the first thing that you will start working on? 

gallery_43798_16503_484615.jpeg

gallery_43798_16503_338990.jpg

gallery_43798_16503_603096.jpeg

Edited by Dewi Sant, 24 July 2020 - 04:30 AM.

• BadgersinHills likes this

gallery_17224_3068_31676.jpg

gallery_17224_3229_616.gifgallery_17224_3229_326.gifgallery_17224_3229_261.gifgallery_17224_3068_410.gif

Space Marines are inherently tough, but the Space Wolves are particularly dangerous. They are ruthless. They are savage.

They are brutal. It begs the question why would the Emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist?
That would be to take down another legion.

Dan Abnett 2009

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 835 posts
Have to admit I’m jealous, I couldn’t afford a Wolf Guard edition back then and had to settle for the Long Fang Edition myself...

Still, am planning out now my own company (I have a specific conpany icon/colour combination in mind for my Iron Fangs), and ordered a bunch of FW shoulder pads to pass around... I haven’t played in ages and am starting anew from scratch with a purely Primaris army (I know I’m gimping myself, I don’t care) so have no idea what I’m getting myself into, lol

Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts

Have to admit I’m jealous, I couldn’t afford a Wolf Guard edition back then and had to settle for the Long Fang Edition myself...

Still, am planning out now my own company (I have a specific conpany icon/colour combination in mind for my Iron Fangs), and ordered a bunch of FW shoulder pads to pass around... I haven’t played in ages and am starting anew from scratch with a purely Primaris army (I know I’m gimping myself, I don’t care) so have no idea what I’m getting myself into, lol

I had to do a hell of a lot of overtime to afford the the WG Ed, especially when I bought it at Australian prices!  

The painting guide is excellent for anyone starting out with Wolves or just wanting to improve their minis. 

I've just spent the last few hours picking though my bits box for conversion parts.  

What are peoples thoughts on using the Chain Sword in the upgrade kits in place of the Master Crafted Power Swords that the Blade guard are armed with? I would paint the theeth an iced colour so it looks like a frost weapon.

Edited by Dewi Sant, 24 July 2020 - 06:49 AM.

gallery_17224_3068_31676.jpg

gallery_17224_3229_616.gifgallery_17224_3229_326.gifgallery_17224_3229_261.gifgallery_17224_3068_410.gif

Space Marines are inherently tough, but the Space Wolves are particularly dangerous. They are ruthless. They are savage.

They are brutal. It begs the question why would the Emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist?
That would be to take down another legion.

Dan Abnett 2009

Gherrick

Gherrick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,304 posts

What are peoples thoughts on using the Chain Sword in the upgrade kits in place of the Master Crafted Power Swords that the Blade guard are armed with? I would paint the teeth an iced colour so it looks like a frost weapon.

I have the main part of the blade painted a blue with white marbling for my frost weapons.

• Dewi Sant likes this

Vassakov

Vassakov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

What are peoples thoughts on using the Chain Sword in the upgrade kits in place of the Master Crafted Power Swords that the Blade guard are armed with? I would paint the theeth an iced colour so it looks like a frost weapon.

Given that, at present, there are no weapons options for the squad it shouldn't be an issue at all - as long as they are clearly distinguishable as "Bladeguard" as opposed to another unit it should be fine.

Personally I'm planning on giving mine Axes rather than swords, but obviously they'll have to be "counts as" until such a time as GW give the option to be otherwise.

• Dewi Sant likes this
The darks greatest gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite dark through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of itself. With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Havok13

Havok13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
Looking at the latest leak for the multi melta stats, the stormfang Gunship is going to be a serious consideration in my list now.
8 melta shots!

The Saint Ragnar

The Saint Ragnar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka (Space Wolves)
Where did you see that stat leak?

For Russ and the AllFather!

Armies Played:

Space Wolves - ~3,000 Points

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_04_.jpg

Arentius

Arentius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 207 posts

Where did you see that stat leak?

leak of the ATV datasheet shows multi meltas get 2 shots each.

Tiz in the news and rumours forum under primaris leaks

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,924 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Grey Knights

Looking at the latest leak for the multi melta stats, the stormfang Gunship is going to be a serious consideration in my list now.
8 melta shots!

Well that's certainly interesting.

EDIT: Even more interesting is a change to the weapon's ability. It's damage goes to D6+2 when within half range, instead of the old rule of rolling 2d6 and taking the higher roll.  That's pretty cool.

• Karhedron likes this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,021 posts

Storm Fangs and MM Long Fangs in Pods will delete anything up to a Landraider in a single volley or strip half the wounds off an RIS Knight (more if you start piling on buffs and strats).

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users