Getting ready for 9th

Dewi Sant

I dug out my Ltd Edition Wolf Guard 7th Ed Codex to have a read through in order to get my creative juices flowing. It’s packed with amazing art work and lore about all the Great Companies of Fenris.

I’ve decided to convert some Blade Guard using the new Assault Intercessors as the base for the minis.

I want to achieve more of a charging headlong into the fight rather than the static look of the new models.

What are my fellow brothers of the fang doing to whittle down the time till 9th hits, and what will be the first thing that you will start working on?

gallery_43798_16503_484615.jpeg

gallery_43798_16503_338990.jpg

gallery_43798_16503_603096.jpeg

Edited by Dewi Sant

Have to admit I’m jealous, I couldn’t afford a Wolf Guard edition back then and had to settle for the Long Fang Edition myself...

Still, am planning out now my own company (I have a specific conpany icon/colour combination in mind for my Iron Fangs), and ordered a bunch of FW shoulder pads to pass around... I haven’t played in ages and am starting anew from scratch with a purely Primaris army (I know I’m gimping myself, I don’t care) so have no idea what I’m getting myself into, lol

Have to admit I’m jealous, I couldn’t afford a Wolf Guard edition back then and had to settle for the Long Fang Edition myself...

Still, am planning out now my own company (I have a specific conpany icon/colour combination in mind for my Iron Fangs), and ordered a bunch of FW shoulder pads to pass around... I haven’t played in ages and am starting anew from scratch with a purely Primaris army (I know I’m gimping myself, I don’t care) so have no idea what I’m getting myself into, lol

I had to do a hell of a lot of overtime to afford the the WG Ed, especially when I bought it at Australian prices!  

The painting guide is excellent for anyone starting out with Wolves or just wanting to improve their minis. 

I've just spent the last few hours picking though my bits box for conversion parts.  

What are peoples thoughts on using the Chain Sword in the upgrade kits in place of the Master Crafted Power Swords that the Blade guard are armed with? I would paint the theeth an iced colour so it looks like a frost weapon.

Edited by Dewi Sant

What are peoples thoughts on using the Chain Sword in the upgrade kits in place of the Master Crafted Power Swords that the Blade guard are armed with? I would paint the teeth an iced colour so it looks like a frost weapon.

I have the main part of the blade painted a blue with white marbling for my frost weapons.

What are peoples thoughts on using the Chain Sword in the upgrade kits in place of the Master Crafted Power Swords that the Blade guard are armed with? I would paint the theeth an iced colour so it looks like a frost weapon.

Given that, at present, there are no weapons options for the squad it shouldn't be an issue at all - as long as they are clearly distinguishable as "Bladeguard" as opposed to another unit it should be fine.

Personally I'm planning on giving mine Axes rather than swords, but obviously they'll have to be "counts as" until such a time as GW give the option to be otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the latest leak for the multi melta stats, the stormfang Gunship is going to be a serious consideration in my list now.

8 melta shots!

Well that's certainly interesting.

EDIT: Even more interesting is a change to the weapon's ability. It's damage goes to D6+2 when within half range, instead of the old rule of rolling 2d6 and taking the higher roll.  That's pretty cool.