The Royal Awakening: Rouse Your Legions

NTaW

I want to second RTB's basing question. I had a ton of Martian basing paint but a lot of the pots seem to have dried out and separated. I bought a bunch all at once after I ran out during the ETL last year but since I can't have people over during quarantine I haven't been heating/cooling my hobby room, wasn't thinking about the paints in there.

First ten warriors done I think. Basing to go and a friend has inspired me with theirs. Just need some mordant earth now.

Also primed another 10 warriors, 3 Skorpekh Destroyers and a royal Warden. Everything needs naming, that'll be forthcoming too. Is it possible to add another ten warriors to my vow for doing before this Friday?

Built the assault Intercessors from Indomitus last night to break it up a bit :)

Thanks in advance for feedback or comments.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by 01RTB01

A little later to the party than I'd hoped, but given how long I've been waiting to start a Necron force I doubt an extra week is too bad - back when they replaced the green rods on the immortals, I promised myself I'd do an army as soon as they updated the warrior in the same fashion. Nine years later, here we are.

Now, given that I'm already back working full-time I'm going to be very conservative in my first vow to see if I can get it done in the next week and get myself a Scarab badge.

So, my first Vow is as follows: ONE Necron Overlord, worth an almighty 90 points!

Overlord Unpainted

Once this chap's finished (which is bound to be slow as I try to figure out my colour scheme as I go) I'll be sure to drop a more substantial vow as a followup. :smile.:

Did a bunch of masking yesterday and knocked out the blue shoulder pads for the whole set:

med_gallery_14776_14614_1048221.jpg

Hoping to finish the airbrush stages today with the orange. On track to finish these guys by next weekend! Which, come to think of it, is right after a payday. How convenient would it be to have a vehicle or something to paint after this?

Oh, I also made an update to my test mini:

med_gallery_14776_14614_622236.jpg

I didn't like how the weapon looked unfinished, so I went back and painted it with Leadbelcher, as well as doing the central part of it blue.

Congratulations 01RTB01 on the first completed vow! *throws confetti

I've updated the original post with a current list of participants (9 people so far :tu:), vows, and the status of those vows. A couple of housekeeping questions:

Mr4Minutes, for the sake of points which weapon can we say you're arming your Stalker with?

toaae! I'm loving the blue and orange and you're powering through those models but maybe I missed you make a vow....?

Congratulations 01RTB01 on the first completed vow! *throws confetti

I've updated the original post with a current list of participants (9 people so far :thumbsup:), vows, and the status of those vows. A couple of housekeeping questions:

Mr4Minutes, for the sake of points which weapon can we say you're arming your Stalker with?

toaae! I'm loving the blue and orange and you're powering through those models but maybe I missed you make a vow....?

Thank you kindly, I've got the second batch of 10 well on the way. We're going away for a couple of days otherwise I'd probably get the skorpekhs, royal warden done too...

I'm going to call these done because I need to replace more paints than I thought. My black is gummy so I just need to make a trip to the FLGS some time. I will still probably try to get this done before vowing more though.

gZECk8d.jpg

I've finished the second ten warriors. Not sure whether I'm totally following the rules here but it's all about getting stuff painted right?! :D [Plus once September hits and I'm back at work time won't be a luxury any more...] Will try and get the 3 destroyers done before week's end...

Second 10 plus the 20 together so far...

8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
7.jpg

I've finished the second ten warriors. Not sure whether I'm totally following the rules here but it's all about getting stuff painted right?! :biggrin.:

So long as you make some declaration before you get underway of your Vow and its contents it's all good. If you want to call your 2nd Vow the Warriors you just finished and whatever you're working on now that's fine by me (in the spirit of having fun getting things painted) but then you can't make another vow until Saturday when the main painting event starts (and you'd have 3 Vows left for the 3 months). So....maybe include an extra unit just in case in this "currently in creation" 2nd Vow?

assembling this guy.. phew. none of his push fit things go together right. and hes already painted ahhh.

You're giving me grey hairs over here man, I had to apply a surprising amount of pressure to get some of this stuff snug I can't imagine how you're doing it with painted parts.

Seems I didn't actually "vow" it, but this was my starting post.

...I think we can call this a Vow, yeah? :tu:

I'm going to call these done because I need to replace more paints than I thought. My black is gummy so I just need to make a trip to the FLGS some time. I will still probably try to get this done before vowing more though.

Wow. I mean, the whole thing? It's gunna take those bases longer to dry than it took to paint your army!! :lol: Excellent job completing your first Vow! What a shame that Indomitus is 995 points and the first badge level is 1k+ :devil: :biggrin.: There's still a whole 3 month painting event for your next four Vows so no (hopefully) worries on time.

Me, I've managed to almost finish my single model Vow. Almost. :whistling:

yeah, I got another 10 Indomitus warriors too. I changed my original vow. It's just over 1000 points, the indomitus necrons plus the 10 extra warriors. I appreciate allowing me to do it, hopefully it shows up eventually or I get my claim, so I can invest into more goodies for later vows. I'll post built pictures later tonight! Edited by General Strike

Can I declare the 20 warriors as my build vow? We go away Thursday and don't arrive back before Saturday. Can safely say I won't get anything else painted :)

Tonight I'll get the other 20 reaper warriors built and they plus the rest of indom will form my first "proper" vow?

Congrats to those painting up newcrons, I did want to vow but my state is in Lockdown and I can't travel more than 5 km from home, I went halves with a mate on Indomitus so he picked it up but it'll be 6 weeks before i'm going to see the Newcron half of it :ermm:  so good luck to all those doing this paint challenge and loving the new look necrons 01RTB01 :wub:

Cheers, Mithril