Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex: Space Marines & Codex: Necrons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
351 replies to this topic

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts

Yep, we're all now smurfs with different paints.

This cursed timeline needs an exterminatus.

• Triszin, Roland Durendal and Brother Olaf like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,963 posts

New Captain on the left.

Cap

• Vanger, Valerian, Wraith776 and 1 other like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

At least you're guaranteed to get proper supplements....

I still expect flagrant lore stomping errors on the wolves supp.

New Captain on the left.

Yep.

Grav rifle, powersword
banana

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

My guess is we'll see separate, standalone chapter codexes again when chapter-exclusive Primaris start being released.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

I can think of one chapter about to get screwed over...

That screwing has already happened - PA instead of separate supplement. What's currently "happening" is no correction of that screwing.

• Brother Adelard and Tondy like this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,977 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

My guess is we'll see separate, standalone chapter codexes again when chapter-exclusive Primaris start being released.

Honestly, I don't think so. Why change from a system that forces people to buy two books into a system that allows them to only buy one; chapter-exclusive units can just be thrown into their respective supplements

• Kheotour and WandererTheta like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

From a business sense I feel you are right.
Take away the uniqueness then re-sell it a few years later.

From a customer sense, :(
banana

Boldthreat

Boldthreat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts

I still expect flagrant lore stomping errors on the wolves supp.

New Captain on the left.

Yep.

Grav rifle, powersword

And gravis armor.
  • Doghouse likes this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts
Didn't even notice, new t 5 cap!
banana

Rizara

Rizara

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

i was looking through the video and at moment .24-.25 seconds in, they are flipping through the color pictures its really fast but there is an image of a new space marine tank.   Its an impulsor body with two side guns and a round turret on top.    So a new predator variant for primaris.   Just sharing as it is so quick of a page turn. 

Blurry phone capture of my screen. 

med_gallery_1313_15824_123638.jpg

• Doghouse, mithrilforge, Valerian and 2 others like this

gallery_45765_12339_49118.pnggallery_48988_15465_3354.pnggallery_45765_12339_7181.png

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts
Gladiator, impulsor predator.

Impulsor base looks way better than the repulsor
banana

Rizara

Rizara

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

is that the official name?  It was also in the pic of the blood angels army shot on the page flip but harder to see, only the top turret really. 

• Triszin likes this

gallery_45765_12339_49118.pnggallery_48988_15465_3354.pnggallery_45765_12339_7181.png

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts
There's a thread on it now, was revealed on stream
banana

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,280 posts
That’s just 13 months for the current marine Codex before it was replaced :lol:

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts

Honestly, I don't think so. Why change from a system that forces people to buy two books into a system that allows them to only buy one; chapter-exclusive units can just be thrown into their respective supplements

Because you can get them to buy 3. First the main book and supplement, then the updated stand-alone with extra unique units.

Or even 4, with an updated main book followed by an updated supplement. All just in time for a new edition to come out, so they have to do it all over again. Genius!

BR7.gif

• templargdt and Volt like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Rizara

Rizara

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

yeah i see that, revealed as I was watching through the codex video, i spied it.  was also talking to a friend online and he was griping about a new codex, and I was like they always get a new codex more than anyone else (marines that is), but hoping it includes all the new primaris releases and was hoping for the leaked new battle tank and speeder that was a fuzzy image months ago and i spotted the tank in the page flips.    So cool, so many things to buy and paint and my painting log is so behind. 

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,977 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Necron dynastic codes thanks to a chap with sharp eyes on Dakka:

Mephrit:
+3" to all ranged weapons except Pistols
Additional -1 AP for half range

Nephrek
6++
Automatic 6" Run with semiFly as of now
SemiFly when disengaging

Novokh
+1 to Charges
Additional -1 AP first turn of combat

Nihilakh
Objective secured (every model counts as 2 if you already have it)
AP -1 becomes AP 0

Szarekhan
5+++ against Mortal Wounds
Each time an unit shoots or fight, reroll 1 wound roll

Sautekh
Reroll Morale
Rapid Fire at 18"

Necrons also have gained a new Faction Wide Rule (Protocols with 2 directives) that is boosted by mono Dynasty armies (you can have both the directives of a specific Protocol if your entire army is comprised of a single Dynasty)

• mithrilforge, Triszin, Drudge Dreadnought and 1 other like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,229 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
I like the mephrit change (extra range is always nice, and maybe we get some good out of the gauss reapers), but I really like the nihilakh change. Makes wiping units harder without anti-tank fire, and lets us survive massed anti personnel fire.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Naw, this is exactly what should have happened after everybody received Doctrines etc.

Only Grey Knights are truly a unique force. These other special snowflakes may have unique units, but the core is the same. About time if you ask me.
  • jaxom, mithrilforge, Valerian and 4 others like this

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,103 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

unknown.png

Aquila styled MK X on the cover.

• Noserenda and Boyadventurer like this

+Quod vult valde vult+

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

At least a generic Marine Codex means we might get some other factions outside of Marines stuff a bit sooner.

• Tipsy Techpriest likes this

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

Found this reposted elsewhere without source (and i don't see it in this post so i'm not doing a circular repost,i hope)

• Dark Angels: 1) +1 to hit if the unit did not move in this turn and 2) something about Combat Attrition.
  • White Scars: 1) can Charge after Advance or Fall Back and 2) can fire Assault with no penalty after an Advance move.
  • Space Wolves: 1) +1 to hit in melee if the unit charged, was charged or HR and 2) units with this tactic can HR as if they were characters.
  • Imperial Fists: 1) ignore Light Cover and 2) 2 additional hits with unmodified 6s with bolt weapons.
  • Crimson Fists: 1) +1 to hit when the target unit contains 5+ more models than this unit (VEHICLE counts as 5) and 2) 1 additional hit with unmodified 6s with bolt weapons.
  • Black Templars: 1) reroll Advance and Charge rolls and 2) 5+ feel no pain against mortal wounds.
  • Blood Angels: 1) +1 to wound when charging, charged or HR and 2) +1" to Advance and Charge rolls.
  • Flesh Tearers: 1) +1 to wound when charging, charged or HR and 2) -1 AP on unmodified wound rolls of 6.
  • Iron Hands: 1) 6+ feel no pain and 2) double wounds on the damage chart.
  • Ultramarines: 1) +1 Leadership and 2) can shoot in a turn during which it Falls Back, but at -1 to hit.
  • Salamanders:1) each time a model with this tactic is selected to shoot or fight, you can reroll one wound roll when resolving that unit's attack and 2) each time an attack with an AP characteristic of -1 is allocated...treat it as 0 instead.
  • Raven Guard: 1) count as being in Light Cover if the attacker is more than 18" away and 2) INFANTRY only count as being in Dense Cover if the attacker is more than 12" away.
  • Deathwatch: 1) each time a model with this tactic makes a melee attack against TYRANID, AELDARI, ORK, NECRONS or TAU, reroll a hit roll of 1 and 2) after both sides have finished deploying their armies, select one battlefield role. Until the end of the battle, each time a model with this tactic makes an attack against an enemy unit with that battlefield role, reroll a wound roll of 1.

What little effort i can muster in squinting my eyes at the codex page they have shown seems to confirm it

Edited by Fenriwolf, 25 July 2020 - 01:35 PM.

• Valerian, Triszin and HighMarshalAmp like this

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

This utter nonsense again. GW already said that units, rules etc. will be preserved. Can we not have a Black Templar-esque howling over this again? Please?
  • Blindhamster, Toxichobbit, Son of Carnelian and 10 others like this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,359 posts

unknown.png

The ear pieces aren't slanted. Tells me this is simply a marine wearing an older helm. Compare to the mk. X beakie helm from the raven guard upgrade, that has the slanted earpieces of a mk 10 helm, along with the beakie nose.

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,103 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

This utter nonsense again. GW already said that units, rules etc. will be preserved. Can we not have a Black Templar-esque howling over this again? Please?

Considering GW is pushing Bladeguard in Deathwing colors there's not exactly any reason to think otherwise. They already are watering things down in the Dark Angels case.

unknown.png

The ear pieces aren't slanted. Tells me this is simply a marine wearing an older helm. Compare to the mk. X beakie helm from the raven guard upgrade, that has the slanted earpieces of a mk 10 helm, along with the beakie nose.

Powerpack and gorget are the same as MK X, unless GW is giving artists liberty there's no reason to think the ear pieces will be consistent.

Edited by Volt, 25 July 2020 - 01:38 PM.

+Quod vult valde vult+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users