Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex: Space Marines & Codex: Necrons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
351 replies to this topic

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,369 posts

Powerpack and gorget are the same as MK X

Which is entirely consistent with what I just said.

Edited by Reinhard, 25 July 2020 - 01:40 PM.

• Triszin likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Found this reposted elsewhere without source (and i don't see it in this post so i'm not doing a circular repost,i hope)

• Dark Angels: 1) +1 to hit if the unit did not move in this turn and 2) something about Combat Attrition.
  • White Scars: 1) can Charge after Advance or Fall Back and 2) can fire Assault with no penalty after an Advance move.
  • Space Wolves: 1) +1 to hit in melee if the unit charged, was charged or HR and 2) units with this tactic can HR as if they were characters.
  • Imperial Fists: 1) ignore Light Cover and 2) 2 additional hits with unmodified 6s with bolt weapons.
  • Crimson Fists: 1) +1 to hit when the target unit contains 5+ more models than this unit (VEHICLE counts as 5) and 2) 1 additional hit with unmodified 6s with bolt weapons.
  • Black Templars: 1) reroll Advance and Charge rolls and 2) 5+ feel no pain against mortal wounds.
  • Blood Angels: 1) +1 to wound when charging, charged or HR and 2) +1" to Advance and Charge rolls.
  • Flesh Tearers: 1) +1 to wound when charging, charged or HR and 2) -1 AP on unmodified wound rolls of 6.
  • Iron Hands: 1) 6+ feel no pain and 2) double wounds on the damage chart.
  • Ultramarines: 1) +1 Leadership and 2) can shoot in a turn during which it Falls Back, but at -1 to hit.
  • Salamanders:1) each time a model with this tactic is selected to shoot or fight, you can reroll one wound roll when resolving that unit's attack and 2) each time an attack with an AP characteristic of -1 is allocated...treat it as 0 instead.
  • Raven Guard: 1) count as being in Light Cover if the attacker is more than 18" away and 2) INFANTRY only count as being in Dense Cover if the attacker is more than 12" away.
  • Deathwatch: 1) each time a model with this tactic makes a melee attack against TYRANID, AELDARI, ORK, NECRONS or TAU, reroll a hit roll of 1 and 2) after both sides have finished deploying their armies, select one battlefield role. Until the end of the battle, each time a model with this tactic makes an attack against an enemy unit with that battlefield role, reroll a wound roll of 1.

What little effort i can muster in squinting my eyes at the codex page they have shown seems to confirm it

Thanks a ton for this! My hope for a full Tides like update to Deathwatch Mission Tactics is sadly dead now sad.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts
New Ork boys teased

More death gaurd teased
New sisters teased

New Lilith teased
banana

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 111 posts

Yep, we're all now smurfs with different paints.

This cursed timeline needs an exterminatus.

This utter nonsense again. GW already said that units, rules etc. will be preserved. Can we not have a Black Templar-esque howling over this again? Please?

Yeah, it's not like everyone just got access to Definetly-Not-Baal-GravPredator. 

• Brother Adelard likes this

Bung

Bung

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts

Sad puppy noises.
We are a generic codex complaint now

As all have been in third Edition.
  • FinalCookie likes this

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts
I knew space marines were getting a new codex soon. Why give all their rules away for free when you can remove what like 5 rule books from that deal in one release.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

New Ork boys teased

More death gaurd teased
New sisters teased

New Lilith teased

Ooh was that on the stream? I was more engaged with another stream at the same time so i mostly had the 40k one muted except for the trailers. 

I think ultimately folding all the marines back into central codex +supplements (Like 3rd but less thin) is probably a good thing, especially with Primaris there is just so much repetition now its really starting to make sense.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

I knew space marines were getting a new codex soon. Why give all their rules away for free when you can remove what like 5 rule books from that deal in one release.

1 rulebook.

You'll still want your supplement for first founding and your relevant PA until they receive their supplement.

lordhellblade

lordhellblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 44 posts
I wish I could say I am somewhat surprised DA,BA and SW are getting folded into the new codex, but not really. There's some precedent with the Indexes that came out at the start of 8th. Not to mention the BT use to have their own codex and they got folded. DA and BA are just regular marines with few unique units anyway.

One thing I am hoping for is Firstborn Marines LTs in Terminator Armor along with Company Vets in Terminator armor. Plus Chaplains and Librarians in Cataphractii and Tartoros.

I also want BT Primaris Intercessors to be able to take Neophytes.
  • Reclusiarch Krieg likes this

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,923 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
I would Crusader Squads have option to take Intercessor instead which be more lore friendly
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

1 rulebook.

You'll still want your supplement for first founding and your relevant PA until they receive their supplement.

I'll bet codex Space Marines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Deathwatch codexes get removed from "free" 8th material when that one book gets released.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts
They will have supplements.

I do not expect the same for BT.

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts
Actually aside from my snide remarks I hope the do the same Heretic Astartes. I think this is a move that makes sense from a logistics point of view.
  • WandererTheta likes this

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

Noticed some differences on the relics:

The shield eternal is 4++ and +1 save 

Teeth of Terra is a replacement for astartes chainsword 

Primarch wrath is a replacement for Special issue bolt carbine in addition s primaris can take it.

The purgatoscan replace a "speical issue bolt pistol.

Edited by ST.Lazarus, 25 July 2020 - 02:09 PM.

• Valerian likes this

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 566 posts

Found this reposted elsewhere without source (and i don't see it in this post so i'm not doing a circular repost,i hope)

• Imperial Fists: 1) ignore Light Cover and 2) 2 additional hits with unmodified 6s with bolt weapons.

2 additional hits?! Whoa

1411080299138.png

• Xenith, Borbarad and HighMarshalAmp like this

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

SirJyo

SirJyo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts
  • Faction: Black templars,
Everyone gets the BT treatment? Cool now we can all be one big family.
  • templargdt, Kheotour and Borbarad like this
Who?

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts

Everyone gets the BT treatment? Cool now we can all be one big family.

Nah they will still get supplements. BT wont lmao.
  • redmapa likes this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,916 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Guys, all Marines have been through this before. This is exactly like it was in 3rd Edition. It didn't ruin the First Foundings then, it won't ruin them now (in fact, it was probably my favorite Edition for Dark Angels HQ options due to more customizable heroes in the new "war game" format).

Don't panic - it will all be okay.
  • G8Keeper, mithrilforge, Blindhamster and 7 others like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,392 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

This utter nonsense again. GW already said that units, rules etc. will be preserved. Can we not have a Black Templar-esque howling over this again? Please?

Considering GW is pushing Bladeguard in Deathwing colors there's not exactly any reason to think otherwise. They already are watering things down in the Dark Angels case.

So, what you are telling me here is that a - fully optional and paint-guide precedented - unit has been added, which you are free to ignore with your wallet AND your headcanon, while GW has gone out of its way to not just imply but outright ASSURE that existent rules and units are being preserved?

Did....did you have a point or is this a roundabout way of....agreeing with me that this age-old wailing is nonsensical?

Spoiler

• G8Keeper, firestorm40k, Xenith and 4 others like this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Guys, anyone seen the Black Templar players around? They should be told about this, I haven't heard anything from them...we better make sure they noticed this :P

Looking good though EXCEPT...another emperor rear cheek grav tank...this is just getting stupid. It looks good til you get to the legs and then it all falls about because GW are like "MUH HUVUR TUNK SUH CUOL"

...know what where were the black templars, going to go join them in whining and shouting real quick...Give me Tracks or give me death!

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,179 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

Dig the artwork.
C'mon announce the BT supplement next lmao

They really wanted to but those resources have been diverted to getting the app up to snuff now .

• mithrilforge likes this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts

Guys, anyone seen the Black Templar players around? They should be told about this, I haven't heard anything from them...we better make sure they noticed this :P

Looking good though EXCEPT...another emperor rear cheek grav tank...this is just getting stupid. It looks good til you get to the legs and then it all falls about because GW are like "MUH HUVUR TUNK SUH CUOL"

...know what where were the black templars, going to go join them in whining and shouting real quick...Give me Tracks or give me death!

Like everyone told me back in the day, this is a great thing.
You guys now have acess to everything in the sm codex, and will be updated frequently.

Yay guys, am I right?

But you dudes already have the supplement confirmed, so no need to gnash and bash.

Now what is the cost of this folding? Muahahhahahah

Edited by Sete, 25 July 2020 - 02:40 PM.

• templargdt and Flesh Creature like this

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,392 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

All things considered, I kinda like the new grav tank - at least it doesn't have guns sticking out of every possible corner and vaguely resembles something rhino or land raider related.

You guys now have acess to everything in the sm codex, and will be updated frequently.

Yay guys, am I right?

Unironically, yes. All my units and characters are being preserved while I am also cutting down on waiting time and - potentially - cost if I plan on expanding into even more armies and allies.

Edited by The Observer, 25 July 2020 - 02:40 PM.

• Noserenda and 01RTB01 like this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts

The fact that you believe GW won't forget about that promise the second they think they can get away with it isn't nearly as endearing as you might think. This is the age of broken promises from every single company you can name when money is on the line.

• Roland Durendal, templargdt, Inquisitor Eisenhorn and 1 other like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts

All things considered, I kinda like the new grav tank - at least it doesn't have guns sticking out of every possible corner and vaguely resembles something rhino or land raider related.

Yay guys, am I right?

Unironically, yes. All my units and characters are being preserved while I am also cutting down on waiting time and - potentially - cost if I plan on expanding into even more armies and allies.

Enjoy it ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users