Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Gladiator Valiant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
283 replies to this topic

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,072 posts
  • Faction: All of them?

This tank makes me wish I hadn't bought two Replusors a few years ago. I never meant for my Primaris army to get very big, more like a guest army for friends who don't have their own armies anymore but now I could see getting one of these. 

Blame my iPhone for typos because I'm 95% on mobile.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts

This tank makes me wish I hadn't bought two Replusors a few years ago. I never meant for my Primaris army to get very big, more like a guest army for friends who don't have their own armies anymore but now I could see getting one of these.

A guest army - how considerate of you, I love it.
  • Firedrake Cordova and Dark Shepherd like this

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts

I love the models and can't wait to add them to the collection.

As a Primaris fanboy I feel bad being excited though. Like I know I'm not helping with the problem of only Primaris releases coming out. 

Edited by ShibeKing, 02 August 2020 - 01:23 AM.

• Lord Blackwood likes this

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,840 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

I do like the model but right now this thing doesnt have a place in my army and now Im reconsidering getting a Repulsor or two since my Primaris might need a transport more than a dedicated tank. Im still waiting for the Land Speeder which plus a couple of the Techmarine emplacements should be enough anti-tank.

If I got these it'd be for another army, perhaps an Astartes armored battlegroup.

• Prot likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,716 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I love the models and can't wait to add them to the collection.

As a Primaris fanboy I feel bad being excited though. Like I know I'm not helping with the problem of only Primaris releases coming out.

Nothing to feel bad about. There are lots of Primaris releases, yes, but the range requires them to become a well rounded and complete army.

-~Ishagu~-

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts

I know the feeling. I totted the points up on mine and I've got over 6k. Orks are my pride and joy and they're only about 6.5k... needless to say, I'll be grabbing one or two of these tanks as they should be less points hungry than the repulsor.

Also gives us an excuse to play a variety of styles of primaris force which the Indomitus plus extras are enabling.

Bye bye gunline, hello angels of death at last!
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,729 posts

Do these tanks have any transport capability? It almost looks like they could carry 5 guys? Sort of like a Primaris Razorback. 

Honestly these look like they could be rear objective holders for me, but probably too many points to be worthwhile. If they carried some guys, that would help. 

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,392 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

I’m hoping they can transport as well... would very useful .

=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts
I imagine they won't be transports. I think that would crowd out many current units if they were.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
They're an impulsor chassis. Impulsors carry 6. This is an impulsor with a ton of guns. I really don't see how or why they'd carry troops. They're a medium tank not an ifv. The repulsor and impulsor are where the troop carrying capacity is.
  • quasistellar likes this
Hidden Content

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,392 posts

They remind of razorbacks .

my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,578 posts
  • Faction: Knights / VI / SoB

The fact that the teaser video connects them directly to the Predator makes me curious as to why people think they would be transports ? 

Them being on the Impulsor Chassis is just the same as the  Predator being on the Rhino Chassis 

Irrelevant 

Its a tank , go boom boom  not carry people go shoot shoot 

• Firedrake Cordova, KBA, Petitioner's City and 3 others like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts
I don't see why anyone'd say razorback before predator here.
  • RedFox and SufficientAnonymity like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,716 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Because the Impulsor only has a capacity of 6 I don't see how these will have a transport capacity. They are directly compared to the Predator tank in their promotional video by GW, not the Razorback.
  • Lemondish likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,106 posts

I agree that they're intended as a new Predator, and as such we shouldn't expect a transport capacity. They do have a nice big door on the back though. So does the Predator, now that I think about it.

• mel_danes likes this

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts
I doubt any transport capacity. I do wonder if we will see a slightly bigger impulsor chassis with 10 man capacity at any point. We have the Razorback and predator equiv, but no rhino
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts

I doubt any transport capacity. I do wonder if we will see a slightly bigger impulsor chassis with 10 man capacity at any point. We have the Razorback and predator equiv, but no rhino

I don't think we'd ever get a 10 model transport outside the Repulsor.

Maybe a Primaris drop pod.

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 353 posts

I hope there eventually is a 10 man transport that is a Rhino equivalent but I think you may be right. 

I’m also curious if we will soon see Primaris flyers. The Overlord was first mentioned in the Dark Imperium novel, I think?

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

Overlords ginormous though? It's plastic thunderhawk all over again. I think something between a storm eagle or storm raven is more realistic.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

Overlords ginormous though? It's plastic thunderhawk all over again. I think something between a storm eagle or storm raven is more realistic.

I thought they scaled that back a bit?

in the intial works it was a evolution of the thunderhawk, and I think i remember some author saying how they made it a point to make them smaller in lore going further.

I imagine its between a corvus/stormwolf and a fireraptor now

banana

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,392 posts

Remember when people didn’t think the Executioner could transport ?

my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,925 posts

I hope there eventually is a 10 man transport that is a Rhino equivalent but I think you may be right.

I’m also curious if we will soon see Primaris flyers. The Overlord was first mentioned in the Dark Imperium novel, I think?

I think it is about wounds. Rhino transports 10, Impulsor 12. Land Raider Crusader 16, Repulsor 20; Land Raider 10, Repulsor-Executioner 12.

gallery_48988_15094_7420.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.pngsml_gallery_48988_11572_4589.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts

Remember when people didn’t think the Executioner could transport ?

Agreed and it's significantly larger than the impulsor. Ergo I really don't expect it will transport. Hopefully it doesn't as there's other choices.
  • Lord Blacksteel likes this
Hidden Content

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,392 posts
I don’t expect it will either but would be a pleasant surprise.
my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 854 posts

I think it is about wounds. Rhino transports 10, Impulsor 12. Land Raider Crusader 16, Repulsor 20; Land Raider 10, Repulsor-Executioner 12.

I kinda think Primaris count as 1.5 models (Bulky-lite); A LR Crusader has room for 16, /1.5 = 10.67 rounded down to 10 for the Repulsor. A LR/rhino carries 10, /1.5 = 6.67 rounded down to 6 for the Executioner and Impulsor...
By that logic I would expect Primaris drop pods to carry 6 too...

Edited by Spinsanity, 03 August 2020 - 03:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users