Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Gladiator Valiant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
283 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

The WarCom article confirms it - definitely multi-melta.

Valiant with twin las talon and multi-melta.
Reaper with tempest bolters and a twin heavy onslaught gatling cannon.

Then the Lancer with heavy laser destroyer and storm bolters.

So that also.confirms it's three different data sheets then?
banana

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

It looks really awesome.

But I just can’t get over the lack of treads. Like I’m not sure why I’m even bothered by it but the model just looks strange without treads.

I'm actually really surprised there hasn't been some kind of third party conversion kit for tracks on these things. 

It seems to be so. I would have definitely liked a bit of crossover. Those tempest bolters probably match up better with the heavy laser destroyer on ranges than the storm bolters, but I suppose the limited unit options are a good tool for balancing.

Edited by Lemondish, 25 July 2020 - 01:15 PM.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts
It looks like a bumper car.
  • D3L likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Well, I've learned that in America it is customary to put guns on everything, so this tracks.
  • Redrandy93, PeteySödes, m3ntor and 9 others like this

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,365 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
"Tracks". You fiend.
  • PeteySödes, m3ntor, Inquisitor lorr and 4 others like this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

I'm actually really surprised there hasn't been some kind of third party conversion kit for tracks on these things.  

The problem with adding tracks would be that the rear thrusters wouldn’t make sense. The thrusters and tracks would make the tank look like the Batmobile. 

I like the Gladiator but love the Predator. I suspect the new tank will grow on me. 

Edited by Shovellovin, 25 July 2020 - 01:21 PM.

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,104 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

Finally, a Primaris vehicle that doesn't look like trash, and comes with useful weapons to boot.

+Quod vult valde vult+

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

But I like this bumper car! :D
banana

coldfyre

coldfyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 547 posts

It looks really awesome.

But I just can’t get over the lack of treads. Like I’m not sure why I’m even bothered by it but the model just looks strange without treads.

It seems to be so. I would have definitely liked a bit of crossover. Those tempest bolters probably match up better with the heavy laser destroyer on ranges than the storm bolters, but I suppose the limited unit options are a good tool for balancing.
The problem with adding tracks would be that the rear thrusters wouldn’t make sense. The thrusters and tracks would make the tank look like the Batmobile.

I like the Gladiator but love the Predator. I suspect the new tank will grow on me.

Make it like some kind of rocket car

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

The look is fine. I reckon I'll get one at some point to be an Executioner-lite.

*a sound in the distance, an unpainted Predator flung into a wall with an exasperated sigh*

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Maybe not. They could just be named variants of one datasheet, like Predator Destructors and Predator Annihilators for instance.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,229 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Honestly this vehicle feels like a good tank to me. Not absurdly overgunned, not a pickup truck, and not too many over-done detail. I like this, not gonna lie, though with all the necron goodness I don't know that ill be able to afford it in any reasonable amount of time.

• Noserenda, Triszin, Interrogator Stobz and 3 others like this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
Not bad, doesn’t suffer so much from the all the guns all the time syndrome the Repulsor does. As much as I do love MOST of the Primaris infantry (will never like Aggressors as they like hot steaming garbage), I don’t really like their vehicles very much at all. This is not quite as bad as the dreadnought, Repulsor or Impulsor, but I still love the Rhino and LR chassis too much. I know people seem to think First Born will go the way of the dodo eventually, but that’ll be a dark day for me. I’m going to keep buying First Born stuff directly from GW and any Primaris stuff I’ll buy discounted from eBay, voting with my wallet if you will. Long story short this tank looks cool, but I prefer the Predator.
  • Master Commander Ajax, Interrogator Stobz, Roland Durendal and 1 other like this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

I like the new tank. I prefer tracked vehicles, but this one looks good. It's much better than the repulsor, which I don't like the base vehicle.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

Honestly this vehicle feels like a good tank to me. Not absurdly overgunned, not a pickup truck, and not too many over-done detail. I like this, not gonna lie, though with all the necron goodness I don't know that ill be able to afford it in any reasonable amount of time.

Yep. It fits the marine range. And doesn't feel like a 1km blast zone when destroyed
banana

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

"Tracks". You fiend.

Glad you caught it msn-wink.gif

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
The longer length of the Impulsor really works well for this, much better than the far too tall looking Predator. It also helps that the sponsors don’t look like an after thought made to fit into the doors on an existing model.

Big fan, exactly what I wanted.
  • Lemondish likes this

Daynga-Zone

Daynga-Zone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 140 posts
Oh, I like this one. Something about the dual onslaught clicks for me.
  • Dracos likes this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Are we confident that the Reaper is the tank from the uber blurry leak image from ages ago?

(Bottom left, not the speeder)

Edited by Brother Adelard, 25 July 2020 - 01:42 PM.

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,365 posts

Are we confident that the Reaper is the tank from the uber blurry leak image from ages ago?

Very, very confident.

• Brother Adelard likes this

Bev'an

Bev'an

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts
Yeah defo is

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

primaris-units-rumor-pic-3.jpg

High confidence. 

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,365 posts

As an aside, im surprised they still didn't reveal the speeder.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,329 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Ahhh finally a Primaris tank that isnt arse... Still a lot of nonsense sticking out of the hull and sponsons are still awful but this is a model i could buy without basically rebuilding it :D 

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Splog

Splog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
Hatch at the back. Does it have a modest transport capacity?
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users