Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Glimpse of Things to Come

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
They have been teasing a new plague marine, lelith and i think recent an admech pistol so those much be three guys. They all look singular models though so i wonder how they'll tie in

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,727 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Wish they’d just show the models and not play footsie with us, not too exciting until we see them all in their entirety. Hopefully some HQ models for death guard are on the horizon!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Irate Khornate

Irate Khornate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
It looks to be a heavy weapons expert death guard. With the cape likely a HQ of sorts. Probably in terminator armor and has that Death Guard powerfist that was previously seen.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,833 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

It looks to be a heavy weapons expert death guard. With the cape likely a HQ of sorts. Probably in terminator armor and has that Death Guard powerfist that was previously seen.

Could be the Lord of Poxes referenced in the Death Guard 'dex who "Favor spreading diseases to erode the enemy through attrition" and the Plaguespewer certainly fits that.

• Aarik likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,057 posts

Curious as to what the Sisters model is - just a regular Canoness, a named Character, something else new? Cool model, nonetheless.

I guess the new Ork Boyz are, as expected, in the same style as the crew you see on the buggies. I'm not entirely sold on that style, or at least the heads. But heck, as long as old models aren't obsoleted marine-style then I don't mind at all. I just hope they also make the army actually playable.

The army is playable... Not sure where the issues are there. Unless you're playing hyper competitive there's loads of viable armies...

I'd love some clan specific bits in the form of upgrade sprues or otherwise if we're getting new boys.

Edited by 01RTB01, 25 July 2020 - 02:19 PM.

Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

I guess the new Ork Boyz are, as expected, in the same style as the crew you see on the buggies. I'm not entirely sold on that style, or at least the heads. But heck, as long as old models aren't obsoleted marine-style then I don't mind at all. I just hope they also make the army actually playable.

The army is playable... Not sure where the issues are there. Unless you're playing hyper competitive there's loads of viable armies...

Eh, orks just get shot off the table, and 9th isn't doing them too many favors so far. Having played as and against orks in 8th, they're in a sad state to say the least. And my orks don't have the few meta units the codex has to spam freely.

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,727 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate

Maybe a replacement for the generic chaos lord codex entry? That could be cool.
  • Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra and nanosquid like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,149 posts

Honestly, while I'll gripe about cult legions and lack of Guardsmen, I approve of GW giving this sort of "snapshot" of what to expect.

• Marshal Loss, Juggernut, Volt and 1 other like this

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

nagashnee

nagashnee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 350 posts
Praise the Omnissiah skitarii hq at long last.
  • Magos Takatus and Black Blow Fly like this

The Mechanicum Never Deletes Anything.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,057 posts

Eh, orks just get shot off the table, and 9th isn't doing them too many favors so far. Having played as and against orks in 8th, they're in a sad state to say the least. And my orks don't have the few meta units the codex has to spam freely.

Then I can only assume you play in a hyper competitive environment because I've not experienced that with mine at all and they've been a blast to play.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,545 posts

Then I can only assume you play in a hyper competitive environment because I've not experienced that with mine at all and they've been a blast to play.
Likewise I've seen several highly competitive types do well with Orks in the 9th edition battle reports I've seen.

Maybe the problem isn't the faction...mayhaps it might help to get some insight from Da Bosses in the Ork subforum?

Edited by Lemondish, 25 July 2020 - 02:48 PM.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,031 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
I suspected that the Necron Royal Warden was the first of a full range of cheaper HQs/Lt equivalents for the various factions that don't already have them, this looks to be confirming that.

Palatine explicitly fills that role, and if the Admech bits point to a Skitarius Alpha, that would too. So I'd suggest that the Ork is probably a single model, rather than a whole new unit kit.
  • Doctor Perils and BladeOfVengeance like this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,378 posts

New Orks, new Admech? Oh my.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,552 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
For those unsure, a Palatine is a Canoness' second in command, or to put it into Marine terms, a Lieutenant. They've been around since the beginning of Sisters Lore, but this is the first time we've seen an actual model of one. She looks amazing!
  • templargdt, Gederas, SufficientAnonymity and 1 other like this

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,545 posts

For those unsure, a Palatine is a Canoness' second in command, or to put it into Marine terms, a Lieutenant. They've been around since the beginning of Sisters Lore, but this is the first time we've seen an actual model of one. She looks amazing!

Agreed! My hope is that her role and rules are a bit more unique, though I wouldn't say no to the Lt Aura for sure.
  • Aqui and WrathOfTheLion like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,598 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

I really like the new Palatine. For those not playing Martyred Lady, having more HQ options is always good. I'll need that for my Argent Shroud force.

• Aqui likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,552 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

I really like the new Palatine. For those not playing Martyred Lady, having more HQ options is always good. I'll need that for my Argent Shroud force.

This is it. OoOML has more HQs than any other Order. This is fine, but a new generic HQ for my own Order? Yes, please! ^_^

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

At least seeing no sign of anything new for Craftworlds maybe points to a later release along with a full on refresh down the line.  But still leaves the army in a sucky state for now.

Ynnari continue to look ignored!

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts
That’s got to be a Skitarii Alpha Prime, nice.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,919 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
So with the rule for Marines that seems to be "No more than one Captain/Chapter-specific equivalent name and no more than two Lieutenants/Chapter-specific equivalent name per Detachment", I'm thinking that these are going to be either HQs or LT equivalents for their Codexes as that rule propagates to all Codexes.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Alby the Slayer

Alby the Slayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 86 posts

At least seeing no sign of anything new for Craftworlds maybe points to a later release along with a full on refresh down the line.  But still leaves the army in a sucky state for now.

Ynnari continue to look ignored!

So true it hurts. Ynnari has such a interesting concept but they abbandoned them immediately. Dunno why.

And come on, another fricking death guard? When was the last time we see something World Eaters? Khârn? 4 years ago? At least give us a simple champion or something..

Excited for Lelith, they suit up a little too much vs her last miniature but for me the deal breaker will be the face. They need not to screw that up.

Noneless cool things will come indeed.

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

This would be a nice boon for Tau as well if that is the trend. Maybe we will see a Shas'El second in command battle suit and possibly variant fireblades.

• Black Blow Fly and Bryan Blaire like this

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 310 posts
New Lelith and that new Sister are all I cared about in the short teaser.
  • Black Blow Fly and Alby the Slayer like this

Balerion84

Balerion84

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts

Btw is that a squig at the ork part of the video? So not boyz then, but a new character? Would fit with the rest of the rumor engine pics.

So SM and Necron codexes in October? If they release 2 dexes per month and these rumor engine pics in the video are signs of 1 new model per new codex, that would be mean DG, Admech, Drukhari and Orks for November and December? And we have that christmas ork boot from last year still as unresolved rumor engine, so new Ork Codex for xmas 2020 as the last of these first 6 codexes? I guess?

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,264 posts
It looks promising that its a generic AdMech Skitarii Alpha, rather than a character as it’s in Mars colours, and they wouldn’t do another exclusive character, would they? (I play Mars but still).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users