Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Glimpse of Things to Come

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

TheMalius

TheMalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 362 posts

Looks more like a grot to me. If painted by the Eavy Metal team those highlights are either very large, or the picture is or something small.

I have a feeling this might be a collection of 'sub-commander' type releases for a group of factions. A bit like they did with Malign Portents for AoS. 

My painting/hobby blog - The Brush and Boltgun

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,086 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
I wonder if this indicates the likely next Codex releases? Perhaps not in order, but apparently including Death Guard, Orks, Drukhari, and Ad Mech (Sisters were only out in January, so not likely getting a new one so quick :D)

Doing a new Death Guard hq model makes sense, seeing as the minis for that faction from the Dark Imperium have just been retired from sale.

Interestingly, three of these models seem to have been featured in the Rumour Engine recently... might that mean we won't have to wait too long for each to be released?

Edited by firestorm40k, 25 July 2020 - 05:10 PM.

My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,025 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I wonder if this indicates the likely next Codex releases? Perhaps not in order, but apparently including Death Guard, Orks, Drukhari, and Ad Mech (Sisters were only out in January, so not likely getting a new one so quick biggrin.png)

I'd bet on it personally. As for sisters, it's quite plausible they might get a new book in the next year to add in the new crusade system

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

I wonder if this indicates the likely next Codex releases? Perhaps not in order, but apparently including Death Guard, Orks, Drukhari, and Ad Mech (Sisters were only out in January, so not likely getting a new one so quick biggrin.png)

I'd bet on it personally. As for sisters, it's quite plausible they might get a new book in the next year to add in the new crusade system

My hope is that it comes with a tad bit more than just a single new model, but that's only because my love for Sororitas is insatiable. 

Something like a build your own Order system we all expected in Pariah and didn't get. Maybe the flying church thing in that art piece...

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Just read one of the descriptions of a battle in Pariah and it mentioned that they landed two of those Drop Cathedrals. Here's hoping.

The palatine almost makes me want to replay all the Saint Katherine's Aegis historical battles; the current Cannoness Superior started as a Dominion, quickly became a Dominion Superior, then a Palatine; that's when she discovered the shield of Saint Katherine beneath the altar of the Cathedral which was built in Honour. That discovery earned her the title of Cannoness.

When the rift tore away the occlusion separating the Desdaemona system from the larger Imperium, the return of Saint Katherine's Shield to Convent Sanctorum sees the Mission of Saint Katherine's Aegis upgraded to a full Preceptory. Originally, this was where the campaign was supposed to start.

But this Palatine... If I pick a common head, and set aside 4 copies of it, I could build the model in all 4 stages of her career.

As for Ynnari: I think Lelith will have something to do with Ynnari. They made fluff where Jain Zar was fighting at Yvraine's side, but they stopped short of allowing her to join Ynnari. We know Lelith is hanging with the Ynnari, and Vect doesn't mind because he gets the inside scoop.

Maybe when Lelith drops, there will be rules that allow her to retain her awesomeness even if she joins Ynnari? Or just a set of rules that she has when used as Ynnari that make it worthwhile? And maybe the same set of rules will be applied to JZ.

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

As for Ynnari: I think Lelith will have something to do with Ynnari. They made fluff where Jain Zar was fighting at Yvraine's side, but they stopped short of allowing her to join Ynnari. We know Lelith is hanging with the Ynnari, and Vect doesn't mind because he gets the inside scoop.

That made me so mad.  Jain Zar legit joined the Ynnari, and Soul Bursted!  And yet they still didn't let her join the Ynnari in the rules...  in the exact same book!

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts
I look forward to a skitarii alpha more than anything. I think this battle sister is the first I haven't immediately wanted. A headswap and maybe a weapon instead of the rosery would be good. A power fist might look nice

Edited by Red_Shift, 25 July 2020 - 08:26 PM.

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

That made me so mad.  Jain Zar legit joined the Ynnari, and Soul Bursted!  And yet they still didn't let her join the Ynnari in the rules...  in the exact same book!

I worry about GW saying JZ or Lelith MUST be Ynnari; it keeps me up at night, because DE can't afford to lose another character. But dual ruling the kit, and actually making it a dual kit (like they spun the unhelmeted Banshee Exarch as the Ynnari build), I think, would be very exciting- especially in the context of Crusade- you could start as regular DE or CWE, and actually play through the story of Ynnari conversion.

I just hope we don't lose the classic versions, because I love both of them as is.

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

Btw is that a squig at the ork part of the video? So not boyz then, but a new character? Would fit with the rest of the rumor engine pics.

So SM and Necron codexes in October? If they release 2 dexes per month and these rumor engine pics in the video are signs of 1 new model per new codex, that would be mean DG, Admech, Drukhari and Orks for November and December? And we have that christmas ork boot from last year still as unresolved rumor engine, so new Ork Codex for xmas 2020 as the last of these first 6 codexes? I guess?

If they release two codexes a month.  That's a big "IF"

Don't forget sisters.  If they are releasing the "Lieutenant" model with the codex and they are focusing on those codexes first then the SoB should be in there somehwere.  Of Course that would mean GW is replacing two codexes that are only about a year old.  Which in terms of SoB I seriously doubt.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts
I'm assuming that "lelith" isn't as is just a lower level succubus/ bloodbride?
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

I worry about GW saying JZ or Lelith MUST be Ynnari; it keeps me up at night, because DE can't afford to lose another character. But dual ruling the kit, and actually making it a dual kit (like they spun the unhelmeted Banshee Exarch as the Ynnari build), I think, would be very exciting- especially in the context of Crusade- you could start as regular DE or CWE, and actually play through the story of Ynnari conversion.

I just hope we don't lose the classic versions, because I love both of them as is.

Well, it's not much different than Eldrad or Prince Yriel either, both are technically Ynnari or supporters at the least.  The latter even more than the former.  I just, 3 years on and they don't seem to have a clue what they want to do with Ynnari.  Arguably the single biggest metaphysical element of the 40k era - the birth of a new Eldar God.  And... after bringing back Robby G?  Nothing.  The novels barely advance them as a plot.  what mentions we get are basically them just... doing nothing.  Or maintaining status quo.

And moving on from the story, the rules side has been even more anemic and silly.  The Jain Zar thing just the icing on the cake, what with it being in the very book we got new rules and all.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts
New ork boyz would be cool. But they just seem to be Lt's For other factions lmao
  • 01RTB01 likes this

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,184 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

That better not be Lelith. Lelith does not wear trousers!

=][=INCREDIBLY SILLY ART SPOILERED BY ORDER OF THE INQUISITION=][=

Spoiler

Edited by Evil Eye, 25 July 2020 - 09:26 PM.

• Redrandy93, mithrilforge, Kierdale and 4 others like this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,967 posts

I want to see more of that Ork, I really hope it's new Boyz.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,892 posts
I dont think that's lelith.

Its lieutenants for other factions.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,179 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

If I were a betting man, I'd wager the Lelith Kit could make both her and a more generic counterpart.

Eitherway, the tease only lasts for a few seconds so not much to be seen from screengrabs.

Spoiler

Edited by Slips, 25 July 2020 - 09:43 PM.

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,978 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

I want to see more of that Ork, I really hope it's new Boyz.

Looks to me like it's got that buzz saw axe from the rumour engine some time back, so probably not just a Boy

https://warbosskurga...ngines.html?m=1
2020-03-10.jpg
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Sarges

Sarges

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 251 posts

If I were a betting man, I'd wager the Lelith Kit could make both her and a more generic counterpart.

Eitherway, the tease only lasts for a few seconds so not much to be seen from screengrabs.

Spoiler

Also Lelith is the only one hero (and probably kit, correct me if I'm wrong) with such bracer rune and the exact same blade.
7JXGuUC.png

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra and Slips like this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,179 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Spoiler

Also Lelith is the only one hero (and probably kit, correct me if I'm wrong) with such bracer rune and the exact same blade.
7JXGuUC.png

Barefoot, too unlike the Succubi and Wych models.

Edited by Slips, 25 July 2020 - 10:07 PM.

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Looks to me like it's got that buzz saw axe from the rumour engine some time back, so probably not just a Boy

2020-03-10.jpg

Doesn't look like the same weapon to me.

SZJmU6X.png

7JXGuUC.png

And there's also the hooks on the hair from the other Rumour Engine. Those are Lelith's shtick.

Edit: The Rumour Engine in question.

Dw8Me1oP2K2e4eK8.jpg

Edited by DeadFingers, 25 July 2020 - 10:17 PM.

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,023 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Spoiler

Also Lelith is the only one hero (and probably kit, correct me if I'm wrong) with such bracer rune and the exact same blade.
7JXGuUC.png

The other giveaway that it's Lelith is the blades in the hair (we saw that in one of the rumour engines)

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,916 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
Its possible that Lelith decided to put some pants and a jacket on, or that the kit allows you to make different models with very similar armaments.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

2020-03-10.jpg

Doesn't look like the same weapon to me.

SZJmU6X.png

its not but, my bottom dollar is, these are " SKAR BOYZ ".

A replacement for BOYZ across the board.

both images are from the same kit imho

banana

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts
So what if they are like the Dark Angels captain.

One named character or one non-named character with multiple options?

So it could be Lelith but also make something else. Same with the ork, or the Ork is just generic with multiple options.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,599 posts

Ynnari continue to look ignored!

Except it's Lelith Hesperax who joined Ynnari in their last book and the model has Ynnari rune on her arm now. Must be release for World Eaters or something whistlingW.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users