New model, its skitarii!

Just when you thought your Mountain of Shame would be enough supply to occupy yourself until at least the next two or three iterations of Codex: Space Marines are released, they give out the next shiny, and the next codex... :sweat:

Also this might be the source of the radium serpenta/pistol thingy from the recent rumor engine. None but skitarii use radium.

Edited by MajorNese

We really do need a CCHq, apart from that I think we are pretty kitted out. Just need a codex and GW sorting out the points :cuss show they dropped on everyone recently.

I don't think that's a power sword. It looks more like something along the lines of the Tempestus Command Rod. Some kind of rank thing for Skitarii. For the Tempestus it allows Tempestor Primes issue two orders per turn, maybe it would buff Skitarii leadership, or give some kind of Morale re-roll?

I’m not as excited about the miniature being“feminine” because I think it adds too much humanity to the range. The adeptus mechanicus could care less about male or female, everything is so disturbingly androgynous. They just need parts to form their legions. Any of the rangers or vanguards could be male or female as it is....

The admech is gruesome, with their slow transformation of humanity into brain whiped meat puppets, to be controlled without emotion by the TPDs.

Anyway, if the model turns out to be female I would of course still snap it up. I’m super pumped for a Skitarii leader.

There is something in the legs that reminds me of Inquisitor Greyfax, just a feeling. I would definitely go for a Skitarii HQ similar to the game Mechanicus. Skitarii in the lore still have some humanity left :)

Edited by Black_Knight

There is something in the legs that reminds me of Inquisitor Greyfax, just a feeling. I would definitely go for a Skitarii HQ similar to the game Mechanicus. Skitarii in the lore still have some humanity left :)

My youngest actually asked me if the rangers were girl robots. This was a while ago. I told him good question, maybe.

Should be 50/50 with your rank/age determining how much of your body is left. There was a Tech Priest Father and Daughter in the Mechanicus Trilogy that only had the implants they needed for their work and the Rogue Trader commented on how few implants they had. So there would be a few Priests that would do their best to not upgrade but they are shunned.

Even Cawl at first refused to add more than what was needed in 30K but that soon changed :D

I'm hoping for some kind of CC.

The model have a sword scabbard, so power sword seems very likely. The rod does have a power cable, so probably have some buff plus some combat stats.

Good call! I didn't even notice the scabard, lol! I was afraid they might be doing something stupid, like they did with the Tempestus. The Tempestor Prime has to trade in his pistol to buy the Command Rod. I thought maybe the "Alpha Primus" would have to trade in his sword for the rod. I was hoping we might get a more close combat oriented HQ one of these days, so the model having a scabard could make that a possibility.

Edited by Imperator Deus