Heavy Intercessors

L30n1d4s

Based the the bolt rifle vs the bolter, I expect the heavy bolt rifle will be heavy 3, strength 5, ap 2, and damage 1, I don't think they will change the range though, so the range will stay 36 inches.

They will for sure be 3-6 squad size. Do you guys think they will get the same shoot twice rule as the eradicators?

Edited by emperorpants

I'm a little late to this specific thread so forgive me if I repeat something.

In the other threads, when we still had the pretty small picture of the Heavy I, I was pretty adamant it wasn't gravis, but the better photo in this thread has me changing my mind. I remember in one of the Voxcast episodes, Jes had said that they had units for each battlefield role in each armour type, and these guys being in gravis would finally fulfill that (which is sorta crazy to think about).

I for one welcome our new Gravis clad, heavy bolt rifle wielding overlords. For what seemed to be the "melee" release, there's a lot coming that will look real nice in yellow!

Heavy Bolt Rifle...bit odd. I could actually see it being something like 36" range, Rapid Fire 2 with AP1 and strength 5.

Guess we will find out in time but it certainly is odd, so now we need a Gravis Captain release to cover HQs :tongue.:

The TOC for the new Codex actually mentions a captain with master crafted heavy bolt rifle, and the snippet we have of him also appears to be in Gravis as well. My hope is that he'll be a multi-part kit that will allow both Gravis captain builds so we can finally have a separate source of the DI Gravis captain. 

But I think you're right, aside from the DI guy, we have the following Gravis breakdown:

HQ - Gravis Captain already exists, but availability is currently zero as mentioned

Troops - Heavy Intercessors, as speculated 

Elites - Aggressors

Fast Attack - Inceptors

Heavy Support - Eradicators 

Aggressors are Fire Support (which always seemed strange to me - why aren't they Close Support?), and Eradicators are clearly Fire Support as well. But if there's supposed to be a Battleline Gravis unit, Heavy Intercessors would fit the bill.

I would very much like it if one of these units was actually a veteran unit (it could be the aggressors, they’ve got punch and shoot capabilities, and are already in the elite slot)

Weren’t Veteran Intercessors spotted in the elite slot? I don’t think they’ll cost CPs any more. That will be very interesting for a Primaris bodies list.

I would very much like it if one of these units was actually a veteran unit (it could be the aggressors, they’ve got punch and shoot capabilities, and are already in the elite slot)

Weren’t Veteran Intercessors spotted in the elite slot? I don’t think they’ll cost CPs any more. That will be very interesting for a Primaris bodies list.

And hopefully means a Veteran kit...

And hopefully means a Veteran kit...

Whether it comes as a dual kit or not, I'll be grabbing some of the multipart bladeguard to make into vets.

Hey War Angel can you help me out?  I know this is OT but you didn’t answer my PM. I ordered the Indomnitus box set from an FLGS you recommended - checking with Fedex the package still has not been dropped off for delivery. I would have thought your FLGS would have dropped it off by now.

I really don't know in what world marines needed T5 W3 troops given the rest of the codex as well. If Eradicators are anything to go by, they won't be particularly expensive points-wise either.