Today’s moderation

Wow I have been very happy about moderation in general the past few months and then.... today

UGGGGGGH

The app thread is a debacle turned garbage fire today - no moderation whatsoever except for some ineffectual stealth deletes. Now there is the new thread with the usual suspects threatening everybody in bold red ink every other post.

I am kindly suggesting y’all take a time out. :)

Black Blow Fly.

Thank you for your feedback. As Moderators & Admins, indeed as Fraters (which we all are first & foremost) we utilise the “Report“ function.

This enables everyone to enjoy the forum & the Moderating team to deal with the everyday issues that crop up.

My suggestion would be simply to use this Report function as and when you feel appropriate.

Then If a “carbage fire” occurs, rest assured that we will act as when and needed.

We often use coloured text to highlight a point or aid Fraters towards certain parts we think need attention.

If, as a Moderating Team, we could take a time out rest assured we would. However as it’s purely a voluntary role that we fulfil outside of our “normal lives” we actually see it as a chance to give to the community that you all so richly contribute towards. We rarely get “time out”.

Happy hobbying!

BCC

Thank you for replying it is appreciated your reply. I just felt this morning was not up to the standards you’ve set and clearly demonstrated. I know it is hard to address everything but constant negative posts for several pages are not healthy imo that’s why I posted here.

Honestly I’ve started calling them the KGB&C lately after Argos left. The moderators have gotten extremely heavy handed and terrible lately. They scared away a number of users that were around in the Heresy hey day.

I’ve had a number of innocent or humorous posts killed faster than a guardsman in a firing line, and seen likewise with many a user.

But hey, if they want to burn the ships we came in on, that’s their prerogative. It’s not focussed on one moderator, it’s the team as a whole. They’ve done a good job killing friendly banter or even constructive criticism of GW.

Honestly I’ve started calling them the KGB&C lately after Argos left. The moderators have gotten extremely heavy handed and terrible lately. They scared away a number of users that were around in the Heresy hey day.

I’ve had a number of innocent or humorous posts killed faster than a guardsman in a firing line, and seen likewise with many a user.

But hey, if they want to burn the ships we came in on, that’s their prerogative. It’s not focussed on one moderator, it’s the team as a whole. They’ve done a good job killing friendly banter or even constructive criticism of GW.

Believe it or not, the heavy-handedness (particularily in the NR&BA) is a response to Frater using the Report button, too often the Topics would devolve into name calling, vitriol, or diverge so far that the discussion no longer matched the topic. A line was drawn, procedures put in place, and now there is a much narrower focus.

You will find much more tolerance for banter and humorous posts within the Faction sub-forums,but the NR&BA is not the place for those things.

For someone who has been away from the B&C for some time, your statements make little sense to me - all the more so that you have returned. If the team are so oppressive then we need to go back to KGB&C school because we're clearly terrible at it, given we allow people to make rather silly posts like this without any sanction.

It is easy to frame things differently to suit, what you call "friendly banter" is usually better known as "off topic". Topics have a focus for a reason, it would be pretty awful for someone to create a topic to discuss something and we allow people to hijack it and talk about something else. Discussion needs to have a purpose after all, and this is set by the topic creator - not the team. We'd ask that you be more considerate of others and their enjoyment of the forum.

The claim about stifling criticism on GW is quite bizarre. If I talk about my disappointment with GW's actions, and often even poke fun at them then I think it needs little else to easily refute. Spending even a little time in the N&R recently would find a lot of people unhappy about GW's actions, so I'm not sure how you can draw this conclusion as this isn't new either.

The B&C's rules are important, have changed very little over the years and are made very clear as to the sort of place the B&C is. Each rule has a purpose, they are focused on supporting the mission statement on constructive discussion on the hobby. The key word is constructive: it needs to have a point and be aimed at providing something for the community. The team does not go out looking for work it is very much the opposite, if you keep finding yourself on the wrong end of moderation then I'm afraid you need to look to your own actions - the vast majority of the B&C experience the forum only encountering the Mods as fellow hobbyists.

Following on from that, you will note that this is the "Suggestions" section and not the proper process for contacting the team about any moderation. There has been too much bad faith posting here and it is time for the section's purpose to be respected. As above, we have rules and processes for a reason so going against these only makes more work for the team and slows down responses which is detrimental to all. I don't think it's too much to ask for some respect for the rules, all the more so when everyone agreed to follow them when creating their account.