The Medju Crusade

Medjugorje

Played against a Club member (Dark Angels) and against a White Scars player. Both had very hard tournament lists and I succeed victory against both although I think the next game against the same WS player will be much harder ( he is an amazing player --> 2nd place in ITC germany)

https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/germ-itctruncated?fbclid=IwAR0Mb4CwU1qfDebpDgyU_q2NigYZ0RlZ183-1YUFHUf2g5LLY06IjCyeaLA

Nice! Same list as above or something different?

Anything cool about how you played/ used strats?

The most important Stratagems are

- transhuman physiology (every game)

- will of the emperor - adavance and charge is the most important stratagem in my opinion

- devot push at the right time. But honestly with that list I use it not that often as I used it before with other lists.

- forget the name (+1 save on Gravis against dmg1 weapons)

- will of the emperor - adavance and charge is the most important stratagem in my opinion

- devot push at the right time. But honestly with that list I use it not that often as I used it before with other lists.

Cheers!

How are you using Devout Push? It seems super powerful!

its often situational. It depends on the matchup and the situation but it can be used:

- to ignore overwatch instead of charging

- after a successful charge I need the 6" consolidate move to reach another infantry unit to use our stratagem which forbid them to fall back or just hinder a shooty unit to do so.

- sometimes I use it to reach combat the next round more easy ( its just 3" movement closer to the enemy)

- sometimes I hide a unit from the enemy so that cannot be shot and in the opponent melee phase they use 3" to grap a objecitve marker

- sometimes I use it if an enemy has charged and I want to prevent that unit to use their 3" pile in... so i make the "pile in" so his unit cannot use their move effective

As I had a Judiciar in my list - I often used the 3" extra movement to use his ability. (sometime an enemy charge your unit and stay outside from 3" )

Edited by Medjugorje

dont forget Wisdom of the ancient

• 2 months later...

So now I´ve played again a game to improve my list and i am not very happy about the meta analysis.

I think against Sisters of battle ist extremly hard to win.

I played

Helbrecht ( WL )

Grimaldus ( without Hero of the chapter with +1 to wound and canticle of hate)

Primaris Master of Sanctity on Bike with Rites of war and Ancient breviary ( 5+++ and +1 attack)

2x5 Incursors

1x5 Crusadersquad

2x3 Bladeguards

1x10 Assault Terminators (8TH+SS and 2PC)

2x5 Vanguard Veterans with Stormshields and Powerclaws

Primaris Selfless healer 

Cenobite Servitors

1x6 Eradicators with heavy Melta rifle and 2 MM

Played against ( in 2 detachments for different chapter tactics or Ordos)

1 Canoness

2 Preacher

1 Imagifier

1 Junith Erutia

3x10 Repentias

3x5 Battlesisters

3x5 Retributors

1x8 Zephyrim Squad

1 Immolator with Heavy Bolters

3 Rhinos

2x1 Pentia Engines or Mortifiers (cant remember which one of them)

2x2 Deathcult Assassines

Its hard to say but I dont see a way to beat them. Its not that this list is table you but if manage a trade, the opponent can handle this type of game so much better. And one round of shooting +1 squad of Repentias destroy even a squad of 10 Terminators (although they did a good job).

I need more dakka and I think I should stay away from Grimaldus and get a Lieutenant with Aurelian shroud and put Eradicators away to get 6 man squad of Inceptors with Plasma. But that type of unit is maybe not the choice in the ongoing meta with all -1 damage on DA Terminators and against Death Guard.

How do you run your tournament successful? ( I mean to have a chance for going undefeated in a tournament)

So now I´ve played again a game to improve my list and i am not very happy about the meta analysis.

I think against Sisters of battle ist extremly hard to win.

I played

Helbrecht ( WL )

Grimaldus ( without Hero of the chapter with +1 to wound and canticle of hate)

Primaris Master of Sanctity on Bike with Rites of war and Ancient breviary ( 5+++ and +1 attack)

2x5 Incursors

1x5 Crusadersquad

2x3 Bladeguards

1x10 Assault Terminators (8TH+SS and 2PC)

2x5 Vanguard Veterans with Stormshields and Powerclaws

Primaris Selfless healer

Cenobite Servitors

1x6 Eradicators with heavy Melta rifle and 2 MM

Played against ( in 2 detachments for different chapter tactics or Ordos)

1 Canoness

2 Preacher

1 Imagifier

1 Junith Erutia

3x10 Repentias

3x5 Battlesisters

3x5 Retributors

1x8 Zephyrim Squad

1 Immolator with Heavy Bolters

3 Rhinos

2x1 Pentia Engines or Mortifiers (cant remember which one of them)

2x2 Deathcult Assassines

Its hard to say but I dont see a way to beat them. Its not that this list is table you but if manage a trade, the opponent can handle this type of game so much better. And one round of shooting +1 squad of Repentias destroy even a squad of 10 Terminators (although they did a good job).

I need more dakka and I think I should stay away from Grimaldus and get a Lieutenant with Aurelian shroud and put Eradicators away to get 6 man squad of Inceptors with Plasma. But that type of unit is maybe not the choice in the ongoing meta with all -1 damage on DA Terminators and against Death Guard.

How do you run your tournament successful? ( I mean to have a chance for going undefeated in a tournament)

I see a lot of hammer units but not much anvil. Sadly, terminators aren't going to be super surviveable if you stick them out front.

This makes it so you have to time the hell out of your msu squad assaults, which usually requires a bunch of cp or transports.

If you want to make this work, it will likely require transports. At least an impulsor or two to get some choppy guys up the field. I'd also consider dropping a character to plus up your troops a bit.

TLDR: None of your units are bad but you've got no staying power b/c of all the toys.

With only 15 models comprising your troops choices, the very first thing I would be doing against you is taking those guys out. Wiping out your obsec means a lot less worrying about your ability to score. I feel like bolstering your troops seems like a good way to go. Get some intercessors in there for that dakka. The sisters having over double the minis as you means that they have double the guns, even if you do end up with a similar amount of wounds on the table. As they said, maybe cut a character or some of your heavy infantry for just some more volume. Quantity has a quality of its own.

Just the humble thoughts of a frater.

With only 15 models comprising your troops choices, the very first thing I would be doing against you is taking those guys out. Wiping out your obsec means a lot less worrying about your ability to score. I feel like bolstering your troops seems like a good way to go. Get some intercessors in there for that dakka. The sisters having over double the minis as you means that they have double the guns, even if you do end up with a similar amount of wounds on the table. As they said, maybe cut a character or some of your heavy infantry for just some more volume. Quantity has a quality of its own.

Just the humble thoughts of a frater.

I had 40 points in the main mission - more then my opponent. Dont forget I have Rites of war on my chaplain. That wasnt that big problem. 

We analysed that game and both players thought that in each of the tactics we can use, the SoB has an small advantage.

Edited by Medjugorje

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

+++ Hexenhaus BT Medjugorje (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [103 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [103 PL, 11CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration [12CP] +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) [12CP]

Chapter Selection: Black Templars

Detachment Command Cost

+ No Force Org Slot [1 PL, 18pts] +

Cenobyte Servitors [1 PL, 18pts]
. . 3x Cenobyte Servitor [18pts]: 3x Close Combat Weapon

+ HQ [20 PL, -1CP, 390pts] +

Chaplain Grimaldus [5 PL, 95pts]: 3. Exhortation of Rage, 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Artificer Crozius, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Plasma pistol

High Marshal Helbrecht [8 PL, 155pts]: Combi-melta, Frag & Krak grenades, Frontline Commander, Sword of the High Marshals, Warlord

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [7 PL, -1CP, 140pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 4. Fires of Devotion, Absolver Bolt pistol, Ancient Breviary, Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity [1 PL, 25pts], Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Rites of War, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP], Twin Bolt rifle

+ Troops [15 PL, 225pts] +

Crusader Squad [5 PL, 75pts]
. . 4x Initiate [60pts]: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Boltgun, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. . Sword Brother [15pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Frag & Krak grenades

. . 4x Initiate w/ Chainsword [60pts]: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. . Sword Brother [15pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

. . 4x Initiate w/ Chainsword [60pts]: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. . Sword Brother [15pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites [43 PL, 897pts] +

Apothecary [4 PL, 75pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, The Crusader's Helm

Terminator Assault Squad [18 PL, 372pts]: Teleport Homer [5pts]
. . Assault Terminator Sergeant [43pts]
. . . . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield [10pts]: Storm shield, Thunder hammer [10pts]
. . 6x Assault Terminator w/THSS [258pts]: 6x Storm shield, 6x Thunder hammer [60pts]
. . 2x Assault Terminator w/x2LC [66pts]: 2x Lightning Claw (Pair)

Vanguard Veteran Squad [7 PL, 150pts]: Jump Pack [1 PL, 15pts]
. . Vanguard Veteran [27pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [5pts]
. . Vanguard Veteran [27pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [5pts]
. . Vanguard Veteran Sergeant [27pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [5pts]

Vanguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 300pts]: Jump Pack [2 PL, 30pts]
. . Vanguard Veteran Sergeant [27pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Lightning Claw [3pts], Storm shield [5pts]

+ Fast Attack [5 PL, 100pts] +

Suppressor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]
. . 2x Suppressor: 2x Accelerator autocannon, 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Frag & Krak grenades
. . Suppressor Sergeant: Accelerator autocannon, Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades

+ Heavy Support [19 PL, 370pts] +

Eliminator Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Las Fusil [10pts]
. . Eliminator Sergeant [30pts]: Bolt pistol, Camo cloak, Frag & Krak grenades, Las Fusil [5pts]
. . 2x Eliminators [50pts]: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Camo cloak, 2x Frag & Krak grenades

Eradicator Squad [7 PL, 155pts]: Heavy melta rifle [10pts]
. . Eradicator [45pts]: Bolt pistol
. . Eradicator Sgt [45pts]: Bolt pistol
. . Eradicator with MM [55pts]: Bolt pistol, Multi-melta [10pts]

Whirlwind Castellan launcher [5 PL, 125pts]

Edited by Medjugorje

at last i dropped.

I went to this tournament but while playing I started feeling sick. So i had to drop. 

I played two games, 92:71 against Necrons and 65:72 against Chaos Soup (Belakor + Morty) before I had to stop.

Edited by Medjugorje

• 1 month later...

so after a few tourney with my drukhari ( and 2x4th and one 1th placing) i will play ONE MORE tournament before we get a new book and the last tourney with my BT which was a huuuge disappointment. I think I will play the usual list with Terminators and VV. 

+++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [99 PL, -2CP, 1,998pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Chapter Selection: Black Templars

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [7 PL, -1CP, 140pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, 4. Fires of Devotion, Ancient Breviary, Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity, Litany of Hate, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Wise Orator

Primaris Chapter Master [7 PL, 145pts]: Chapter Command: Chapter Master, Rites of War, The Crusader's Helm, Warlord

. Heavy bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword and Relic shield: Master-crafted power sword, Relic Shield

Primaris Techmarine [4 PL, 80pts]: The Aurillian Shroud

+ Troops +

. 4x Initiate: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Boltgun, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

. Sword Brother: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

+ Elites +

Cenobyte Servitors [1 PL, 18pts]

. 3x Cenobyte Servitor: 3x Close Combat Weapon

Leviathan Dreadnought [13 PL, -1CP, 240pts]: 2x Twin Volkite calivers, Storm cannon array, Storm cannon array

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Vanguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 300pts]: Jump Pack

. Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield

. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Lightning Claw, Storm shield

Vanguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 300pts]: Jump Pack

. Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Lightning Claw, Storm shield

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squad [6 PL, 180pts]

. Attack Bike: Multi-melta

++ Total: [99 PL, -2CP, 1,998pts] ++

Last tourney is over. 5th place of 20 and best Marines. The opponents lists were strong. Lot of Drukhari, Admech and the Mani Cheema list were played. 

67vs83 against Knights

83vs39 against Thousand Sons

94vs32 against Raven Guard

I will be writing about it later on.