The Medju Crusade

Medjugorje

Last tourney is over. 5th place of 20 and best Marines. The opponents lists were strong. Lot of Drukhari, Admech and the Mani Cheema list were played. 

67vs83 against Knights

83vs39 against Thousand Sons

94vs32 against Raven Guard

I will be writing about it later on.

one of  them must be one point more. Didnt know anymore. But it does not matter. I think the only thing I will change is to put a hammer into each squad of Vanguards and  5 of them will switched to a whirlwind to have fight last. 

engage + oct. Data

and then it depends on the enemy. TS -->abhor the witch of course. Against RG I thought he need his characters so would loose so much punch if have not use them. But he does and so i´ve killed 3 chars in the first round after he goes into my trap. Against the FW i took the secondary for killing vehicles.

engage + oct. Data

and then it depends on the enemy. TS -->abhor the witch of course. Against RG I thought he need his characters so would loose so much punch if have not use them. But he does and so i´ve killed 3 chars in the first round after he goes into my trap. Against the FW i took the secondary for killing vehicles.

I wonder, how can you make your deployment. And what is your T1 strategy. I tend to loose my battles on there

against Raven Guard?

Screen with your Dreads and Crusadersquads and put aurellian shroud in first turn. 4++ on each squad does wonder against RG. 

Its such a great relic.

If you have a Judiciar its even better because with Devout push you can "proteck" a complete unit.

Edited by Medjugorje

against Raven Guard?

Screen with your Dreads and Crusadersquads and put aurellian shroud in first turn. 4++ on each squad does wonder against RG. 

Its such a great relic.

I played against Blood Angels, got 1 redemptor plasma 2x crusader 10x assault int, 10x bladeguard, 5x eradi, 10x vang vet (4xclaw, 6x hammer) and 5 termi with bladeguard cap, bike chap and warlord apot.

Talbe was dawn of war style (sides. so map was close) and  got 6x obj mission (cant remember the name) and BA made me hard time. I failed and lost the match at deployment.

It generally happens the same. I play with same list and really need advice. I lack caharacter and startagem info. after 6 games still cannot learn where to use what. So need a proper cheatsheet or something. For example devoit push is actually a moveoment trick rather than a combat starter... I realized that after my 5.th game.

I have read the goonhammer article and match reviews but need an insight player point of wiev. 

TL;DR: can you describe me our play style as BT? The tactic and goals of models. (I know I am asking too much, so It you say no I can understand its totally fine)

Edited by BayOkuz

Maybe just watch the Art of War Streams. I think for a good professional help it needs more time.

But in my mind you should always think against BA what whill they do and whats their range. 

I dont loose against other Space Marines. There are just 2 Chapters what I see as a challenge --> White Scars because they are as fast as we are and Dark Angels. Maybe RG if they have the alphastrike

• 4 weeks later...

There is our own Club tournamet with a whole different ruleset - a bit more like 8th edition / 9 th edition+ hold objectives at the end of the game.

I will try out the new codex

HQ:

Primaris Chaplain on Bike as Warlord (115)

- Litanies: Devine Protection + Litany of hate

- Relics:Tennhausers Bones

- WL-Trait: Iron Resolve

Primaris Techmarine (80)

TROOP:

Crusadersquad (90)

4 Initiates with Chainsword

Sword Brother with 2 Chainswords

Cusadersquad (110)

3 Inititates with Bolter

1 Initiate with Melta

1 Sword Brother with Combimelter

Crusadersquad  (110)

3 Initiate with Bolter

1 Initiate with Plasmagun

ELITE:

Company Veterans (138)

4 Company Veterans with Stormshields and Chainsword

1 Company Veteran Seargent with Fist of Balthus + Stormshield as Winner of the Feast of Blades

Bladeguard Veterans (125)

2 Bladeguard Veterans and Bladeguard Veteran Seargent with Sword of Judgement + Seal of Sigismund

5 Scouts with Shotguns (70)

ASSAULT:

ATV with Multimelta and Crux Obisidian (100)

Land Speeder with Multi Melter (70)

TRANSPORTS:

Rhino (80)

Rhino (80)

Rhino (80)

Land Speeder Strom (55)

Land Speeder Storm (55)

How you can see, all I introduced new is marked in red. The Missions are so crazy oldschool where in one mission you have to score points for objective markers in the end of  your turn and in secound mission you have to perform an action in the end of your turn. The last mission needs vehicles to  score on the objectives. Thats why we dont need any models which can hold objectives on turn. So I decided to build a new army around the new codex where i can try out on a high competitive level a few stratagems and of course the new Vow Uphold which shoulld help all my Landspeeders to survive a bit longer. With 7 wounds and 5++ as open topped vehicle the LS Storm could be very handy - especially in this type of scenario wher I can try out the shotgun stratagem. The Land Speeders always get +1 to hit from the Techmarine (who can be in front of a building and 5 company veterans behind it so I can shoot every time. Maybe a few time I could try out shoot and devout push back into a vehicle.

Edited by Medjugorje

Upside from that tournament.

I have a new Lists:

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [92 PL, -6 CP, 1,999pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot  +

Apothecary [5 PL, -1CP, 110pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Chapter Command: Chief Apothecary [1 PL, 35pts], Frag & Krak grenades, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP]

Company Veterans [3 PL, 48pts]
. Company Veteran [24pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm shield [4pts]
. Company Veteran Sergeant [24pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm shield [4pts]

+ HQ [20 PL, -1CP, 380pts] +

Captain in Gravis Armour [8 PL, 155pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Chapter Command: Chapter Master [2 PL, 40pts], Iron Resolve, Master-crafted power sword, Warlord + Tennhausers Bones + Oathkeeper

Primaris Chaplain [5 PL, -1CP, 85pts]: Absolver Bolt pistol, Ancient Breviary, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Rites of War, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP]

Grimaldus  140 points

+ Troops [10 PL, 195pts] + 

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 115pts]
. 4x Assault Intercessor [76pts]: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt [29pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Fist of Balthus [20pts]

Crusader Squad 100 points

Sword Brother 2 Lightning Claws

4 Initiates chainswors + Boltpistoles

Primaris Crusader Squad 203 Points

1x Sword Brother with Sword of Judgement

3 Initiates with Chainswords

2 Initiates with Powerfist

4 Neophytes with Chainswords

+ Elites [48 PL, 918pts] +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, 190pts] Crux Obisdian and Feast of Blades Champion
. 4x Bladeguard Veteran [140pts]: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant [35pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol, Master-crafted power sword, Storm Shield

Company Veterans [3 PL, 48pts]
. Company Veteran [24pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm shield [4pts]
. Company Veteran Sergeant [24pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm shield [4pts]

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod [5pts], Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon [5pts], Redemptor Fist
Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod [5pts], Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon [5pts], Redemptor Fist

Scout Squad [8 PL, 140pts]
. Scout Sergeant [14pts]: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Frag & Krak grenades
. 9x Scout w/Boltgun [126pts]: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Boltgun, 9x Frag & Krak grenades

+ Dedicated Transport [6 PL, 110pts] +

Land Speeder Storm [3 PL, 55pts]: Cerberus launcher, Heavy bolter
Land Speeder Storm [3 PL, 55pts]: Cerberus launcher, Heavy bolter

++ Total: [92 PL, -2CP, 1,999pts] ++

Edited by Medjugorje

There is our own Club tournamet with a whole different ruleset - a bit more like 8th edition / 9 th edition+ hold objectives at the end of the game.

I will try out the new codex

HQ:

Primaris Chaplain on Bike as Warlord (115)

- Litanies: Devine Protection + Litany of hate

- Relics:Tennhausers Bones

- WL-Trait: Iron Resolve

Primaris Techmarine (80)

TROOP:

Crusadersquad (90)

4 Initiates with Chainsword

Sword Brother with 2 Chainswords

Cusadersquad (110)

3 Inititates with Bolter

1 Initiate with Melta

Crusadersquad  (110)

3 Initiate with Bolter

1 Initiate with Plasmagun

ELITE:

Company Veterans (138)

4 Company Veterans with Stormshields and Chainsword

1 Company Veteran Seargent with Fist of Balthus + Stormshield as Winner of the Feast of Blades

Bladeguard Veterans (125)

2 Bladeguard Veterans and Bladeguard Veteran Seargent with Sword of Judgement + Seal of Sigismund

ASSAULT:

ATV with Multimelta and Crux Obisidian (100)

TRANSPORTS:

Rhino (80)

Rhino (80)

Rhino (80)

Land Speeder Strom (55)

Land Speeder Storm (55)

How you can see, all I introduced new is marked in red. The Missions are so crazy oldschool where in one mission you have to score points for objective markers in the end of  your turn and in secound mission you have to perform an action in the end of your turn. The last mission needs vehicles to  score on the objectives. Thats why we dont need any models which can hold objectives on turn. So I decided to build a new army around the new codex where i can try out on a high competitive level a few stratagems and of course the new Vow Uphold which shoulld help all my Landspeeders to survive a bit longer. With 7 wounds and 5++ as open topped vehicle the LS Storm could be very handy - especially in this type of scenario wher I can try out the shotgun stratagem. The Land Speeders always get +1 to hit from the Techmarine (who can be in front of a building and 5 company veterans behind it so I can shoot every time. Maybe a few time I could try out shoot and devout push back into a vehicle.

so my mini club tournament is over. 

I ´ve played against Imperial Fists, Iron Hands (winner) and Custodes. (w-l-w).

There was a own mission set made for this tourney. 

All in all:

pretty impressed how durable Land Speeders and Rhinos can be.

ATV was a good tool but I think that this relic (-1dmg) is better used by other models.

Seal of Sigismund is not worth the points and 3 BGV doing nothing without buffs.

Land Speeders deal a big amount of damage - they performed great.

Scouts are too expensive and die too quickly - but used to be very good with their transports ( I tested them for later OB.Data Secoundary using)

Crusadersquads are not worth their points with that expensive weapons. Keep them cheap with SB with 2 LC or Chainswords is good for objective game in Rhinos.

I am really not impressed of our Company Veterans. Without any rerolls / advance and charge.... close combat is not really worth it most times.

Techmarine is solid but Tennhauser Bones ... I will never take that relic for a unit which deals no damage. In future my captain will have that relic.