Implausible Nature YouTube Channel!

Acebaur

Nice video. I'm torn on the Repulsor. Lemme 'splain:

So yesterday I played my first Black Templar game vs. buddy's Bloody Rose AS. I brought an impulsor (my only DT as I'm somewhat new to the army and I'm doing only primaris).  I loaded it with 3 Bladeguard Vets, the BG Ancient, Apothecary (who happened to be on loan and out of uniform regulations due to the Raven Guard crest on one of his shoulder pads), and my judiciar.  This crew did well.  The Flyno screamed across the board turn 1, the BG vets got out turn 2 and were on the other side of the map tearing up his back line by end of my turn 2.  They did great.  The bladeguard ancient was absolutely wasted.  No gun, no weapon = no damage.  Does not do enough at 85 points.  Thus, I'd say I'm agreeing with your points on the Impulsor.

Notably, what was NOT in a transport, was my eradicators.

My opponent was using 2 Exorcists. I quickly came to lament the fact that I had no safe place to put my eradicators that would also allow them to threaten the targets they wanted to threaten. So I played them more defensively than I would have liked to.  They failed to blow up a rhino on turn (thanks Shield of Faith) and then subsequently got charged and taken down by Ephrael Stern and a back-to-life Cannoness on turn 3.  So I'm not ruling for the Repulsor, but I'm not ruling against it either. It may be a case that eradicators need to go into tactical reserve.

Edit: this was my first game ever playing BT, my first game of 9th edition, and my first game of 40k since the beginning of March. All of which to say I'm probably off on my conclusions, but then again I might not be.  Also, I lost the game the final score would have been around 45-30 (though I conceded at end of turn 4 as I was too far behind in points).

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

already saw your new video... Another guy already did a perfect question. Would be nice to hear how he played each of the different lists - especially Top Tier armies like Harleqins and other Space Marines like White Scars or Dark Angles

Primaris Lieutenant: Neo-volkite pistol, Master-crafter power sword and Storm Shield

Primaris Chaplain on Bike: 3. Exhortation of Rage, 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Ancient Breviary, Chapter Command: Master of Sanctity, Fortress of Resolve, Litany of Hate, Warlord, Wise Orator

Primaris Chaplain on Bike: 4. Mantra of Strength, 6. Canticle of Hate (Aura), Benediction of Fury, Fortress of Resolve, Litany of Hate, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Imperium's Sword

5x Assault Intercessor Squad
5x Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle
5x Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle
5x Bladeguard Veteran Squad
5x Bladeguard Veteran Squad
Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Twin ironhail autocannon
Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Twin ironhail autocannon

Judiciar
Primaris Apothecary: Chapter Command: Chief Apothecary, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Crusader's Helm

4x Eradicator Squad: Heavy melta rifle

Impulsor: 2x Storm Bolters, Shield Dome

Impulsor: 2x Storm Bolters, Shield Dome

For those that have not seen the list here it is, it looks like a fun list to run with lots of bodies, I find it odd that it doesnt have a Captain but considering he only has the Eradicators as a real punch in the shooting I understand why thats the case.

Anyway congrats to Joseph Clark on the result, Im very happy Black Templars are finally popping up at tournaments.

• 4 weeks later...

Also agree; great channel. I always get excited to see when new content pops up.

I have to poop on Infiltrators as being a good troop choice...for anybody really.

They are just too expensive for what they do.   They don't shoot particularly well.  They don't melee well.  The Helix thing is very gimmicky, and fairly easy to get around (small arms until they fail one, then hit them with the bigger guns like plasma or whatever).  If it procced per phase you might have something there. The 6's to hit = wound is also very gimmicky for a weapon that doesn't have particularly high rate of fire, or any AP.   The deepstrike negation is nice, but it comes at a premium.   And the concealed positions ability is redundant to Incursors who can at least melee decently, have a shooting niche, and are cheaper. 

In short they are middling all over the place but with a marquis price tag. 

I have found that doing transfers onto the shoulder of most marine pauldrons is frustrating because the concavity(?) is such that there is always some wrinkleage going on.  Microset (blue) seems to make the transfer nice and soft so it 'wraps' around the curve of the pauldron, and Microsol (red) helps keep those wrinkles out while it's drying and "glue" it on.

• 1 month later...