2K Red Scorpion List WIP

lejanius

working on my new 9th edition army and thinking i am going to try this list. I'd appreciate thoughts.

HQ: Carab Cullen the Risen (400)

Gravis Captain (105)

EL: Redemptor Dreadnought (125)

Redemptor Dreadnought (125)

Primaris Apothecary (60)

TR: Intercessors x5 (100)

Intercessors x5 (100)

Intercessors x5 (100)

HS: Devestators x5 w/ 4 grav cannons (115)

Drop pod for Devs (65)

Eradicators x3 (120)

Eradicators x3 (120)

FA: Outriders x3 (135)

Outriders x3 (135)

I think I have +/- 200 points to play with for support. I'm not super worried about my intercessors walking across the board as everyone is going to have to deal with cullen and his two dreadnought body guards, but I could use an impulsor or another troop slot. I was toying with the idea of some assualt intercessors in an impulsor.

I'm not really married to anything in this list except maybe oddly the apothecary since it makes some sense fluff wise. Cullen at 400 points kind of eliminates a lot of options, but I'm open to ideas people would have.

Of note: my last game of 40K was 12 years ago. I've watch a ton of 9th edition content though and have some idea of how important objective securing and holding is going to be. That's probably my main concern. I don't have a ton of stuff outside the dreads to just sit and hold points.

What were you thinking about for chapter tactics? I tend to run either salamander or raven guard successor when I use culln to really leverage his unique properties. Eg giving him forge master warlord tait to make him toughness 10 or using loth with the raven guard psychic powers to shadow step culln around the board.

I'm thinking utlramarines at the moment. I am kind of waiting for the full codex as I only have about half the army painted and Corona limiting games, but to be honest I am fairly open to any idea depending on how the list ends up. To fill out this list I was thinking of adding a lieutenant and a squad of bladeguard veterans which puts me at exactly 2k. I am slow footslogging it up the table which I don't like, but the dreads and bikes and drop pod should offer some distraction.

I have a second list with Severin Loth in it as well I'll play around with as well as a list without any special characters. By October codex release i should have 3k+ points to play around with.