Rizara's Order of the Steel Rose

Rizara

Greetings.  First off I will say I don't got pictures yet. I will get these added as I get some models finished. 

So i am finally going to get around to working on my sisters.  After some debate, and trying my hand at 5 bloody rose sisters and frankly not enjoying the way they were turning out (I honestly just get tired of painting full red armies fast....blame it on 4th and 5th edition and blood angels).   So i decided to go with my own scheme of sisters, this time based around steel armor.   I decided to base coat my girls in lead belcher to give them a darker steel feel than the silver I typically see.    I am planning to give them turquoise robes, and some bone accents, and thinking some brass/bronze instead of gold accents.  Still working on the scheme this week so its just a matter of getting it out of my head and onto a model. 

Anyways, i decided to start this thread as a place to post updates to my army.   I haven't played a game of 40k in over two years, just was getting frustrated with the meta creep that was happening, but most of those players also moved on it seems as my local store I often visit likes to play friendly fun games more.   Anyways, with crusade system i am looking forward to playing again.   There are many in my local store who are getting started and also looking forward to crusade games.  So i am going to be building my sisters more for crusade power level games than actual competitive play.   The past two years I have been really playing Age of sigmar, and its been fun.  But with the pandemic and all events being on hold, and gaming a bit more limited right now, its a great opportunity for me to get some 40k stuff painted.   I have been lacking motivation as well and trying to keep myself inspired and with the local group all working towards their crusade lists its got me excited.  

I have my overall initial list of 50 power level ready to go.  I just need to figure out a couple of unit builds.    So i am looking for some input and suggestions from you guys on that.  

First off Seraphim.  It seems everyone is now going to the inferno pistol build, and I am looking at two 5 strong units of them, i built my first one as inferno pistols.   Are the hand flamers any good now?   Should i build my second unit as inferno as well, or do one with flamers.  

Immolators.  I got two of them as well right now, and i build my first one with the flamers.  I plan to put a small squad of celestians in it with heavy flamers, flamer, and a combi flamer on the superior, just to have a nice classic purge unit.   My second one I was thinking either heavy bolters or mutlimeltas.  But I don't seem to see any lists that take those options.  The bolters points wise are cheaper, but power level it doesn't matter.   Would the multi meltas be worth taking.  I do have two exoricists, but only one in the initial list.   I am also looking at this second one being a ride for my retributors to start and eventually maybe getting a third immolator in the list.   But unsure if i want to go with the heavy bolters or the multimelta, as fluff wise its their ride, but game play they may never set foot in it so it may become more of a battle tank role. 

and Lastly, the retributors.  I am definitely going with the two multi meltas in the box, and was thinking of two heavy bolters as well.  Just to split fire at two different targets, but would getting a third multi melta (second box of course), and fielding 3 multimeltas and a simulcrum be better for the start.  I was thinking of giving the superior a combi plasma, since I am not really concerned about the points.   I have to decide however my wargear loadouts because as crusade, I can't change them as i play unless i remove the unit and buy a new unit.  So i want them to be effective, I can however add more bodies to the unit, so if i added 5 more bodies i could always pick up a 4th heavy gun.   But it is unlikely I will expand them to 10. 

My overall theme for my crusade list is an armored mission.   I decided on starting with a relic and warlord trait for my cannoness, and went for a generic relic due to not sure yet which order I will play them as.  Opted for the pistol because its just amazing, at 4 shots, 18 inch range and str 5, ap-2, and 2 dmg, it will put a hurt on most things when they get close.   Also i wanted every unit to have a ride or be able to put in a transport to start based on lore for the crusade/campaign.  I do have plans to expand the army with a unit of Celestians with flamers, maybe some dominions, a missionary as a second HQ, the second exorcist, and a third unit of battle sisters for sure. 

I am looking at the following for my initial list.

Cannoness, (Bolt pistol "relic pistol", blessed blade, and warlord trait)

Imagifier

battle sisters x10 strong (1 storm bolter, heavy bolter, Superior w/ unsure loadout yet)

battle sisters x5 strong (2 storm bolters, superior with bolter )

Rhino

Immolator x2 units, (1 with heavy flamers, not sure on second load out)

Retributors  (as above, 2 multimeltas,[unsure of last two sister load outs], superior with a combi plasma, and ammo cherubs)

Exorcist

Seraphim x2 units (one with inferno pistols, and plasma/powersword superior, second squad load out unsure)

Glad to hear you're joining the cause. The only thing I can say on the seraphim weapons is inferno,s are great, hand flamers maybe against T3 hoardes but not against heavily armored units. Myself i have 2 5 strong units with inferno and they work really well.

Immolaters, as much as I like them, just to pricey points wise for what they can do, exorcist much better for points. Rhinos if you want transport. My opinion.

I set my retributors up like you said for the same reason you stated.

Take a good look at the Hospitalor, she's worth her points as well.

Edited by Dread

yeah thanks, sadly with the delays on getting core, I wont be able to do much till end of august on the girls.  I am going to focus on getting my Imperial fists 50 power level painted up so i can start playing soon, then will get back to the girls.  Got an order on back order now going on 2+ weeks as they haven't gotten their order from GW yet, and apparently the battle sisters wont be in stock till around the 18th of august or later.  

Since I am playing power level and crusade, points don't really matter as much, so probably going to make the second immolator just heavy bolters since its the retributors ride, turn it into a fire base for anti-horde and soft troops while the retributors will likely end up 3 multi meltas and a simulcrum.    The seraphim I will likely just go with the second set as inferno pistols as well, a friend of mine said he likes to stagger them in on 2nd and 3rd turn, and to use the strategem on the turn they land in to make those meltas better.    I did get the steel done and most of the bases finished on the models i have right now, I just put them on hold to knock out a bunch of yellow marines.    But for now I am not playing matched play games, just more friendly casual games to get back into playing 40k when I can get some games in.