New FAQ for our White Dwarf rules

Black Knight

Sorry, could you explain what you mean?

I think some folks hoped the original Doctrine rules applying to Deathwatch for so long meant having control over when they shifted was a unique bonus for the watch and not simply an unfortunate downside of the print schedule and the Doctrine nerf being out of sync.

Also, Prot, what happened to your profile pic? Lose a bet?

Edited by Lemondish

We all knew that the combat doctrines rule, tactical flexibility stratagem, and duty eternal stratagem were all going to change, and we all knew how the combat doctrines were going to work with SIA. It was obvious based on pattern and wording.

Anyone who claims otherwise is being disingenuous.

All this FAQ confirm is that people were trying to be asshats and claiming to things that they knew they were gonna lose and trying to play the game in an unintended way. I am glad it shut the door. To quote that FAQ:

"No."

I am not being an asshat I am asking for our army not to be the same rubber stamped chapter that everyother one is becoming. There is a difference between knowing and hoping for once that GW didnt cock up the copy and paste and actually have a :censored: ing plan. I don't want all the units we are a spec ops force, but I do want some of our rules to actually reflect that.

Edited by Black_Knight

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

Look, I was hopeful too, up until that weekend where we were told we were going to be a WD release. Then the following monday where they showed the TOC of said WD and revealed we were getting all of 6 pages.

Then when it leaked, and it showed the old wording of Combat Doctrines and other FAQ'd stratagems.

Hope all you want, but at that moment, GW showed they had no interest in doing anything beyond the most bare minimum patch job for our Faction, with the understanding that within the same year we'd be getting a Supplement and a new Codex where they'd dramatically expand on the rules.

I still believe that they have no intention of doing us right. Look, arguably, Necrons, (Yes NECRONS!!!!!) got a worse update than we did. They got a single character. Sure they were next released story wise and lots of new models, and the like, but GW did them dirty with PA where every faction was more or less promised lots of new rules and updates. Trasitioning to a new edition is not an excuse to not do more.

In the end, the WD is going to be an obsolete book within 4 months, and I couldn't be happier. I am liable to cut out those 6 pages and burn them, wipe the stain that was that absolute kick in the balls from my life in flames. Purge the alien, the mutant, the heretic....Kind of fits that anomalous book.