PA: Saga of the Beast FAQ up

toaae

And it screws us.

Link to it here. Big takeaways for us are:

• The Big Mek's KFF rule was changed to match the codex version (IE, ranged attacks only, but not clan locked)
  • Ghazghkull can now benefit from his advance-and-charge aura (added the Monster keyword)
  • You cannot use the Kustom Job stratagem if you don't have a Mekboy Workshop

So, the KFF change is a funny one, because in 8th, I was of the opinion that the new version was overall a nerf, as it would require you to take a KFF for each clan in your list. Now, in 9th, where it seems running one clan will be best (for CP reasons), the new version would have been an improvement. Core rule changes flipped my position.

Ghaz getting to advance and charge is cool. I still think he's grossly overpriced, but at least he gets that.

And finally, the death knell to a lot of army builds I was considering, forcing us to take the god-awful Mekboy Workshop if we want to use the Kustom Jobs mechanic. The detachment change already makes running sub-kulturs difficult to justify, and this just means the other major component of the Psychic Awakening is also dead in the water. You could take it, sure, but that's just another tax to activate these cool-but-not-game-changing upgrades. Maybe if the Workshop was changed so its abilities weren't worse than just not using it, but until then, it's just a tax for Kustom Jobs.

Edited by toaae

but apparently they just sent you a message toaee that you Dont* have to take the workshop?

I mean, i have one waiting in the wings to be painted anyways- but yeah, some changes/nerfs in this errata round for sure

but apparently they just sent you a message toaee that you Dont* have to take the workshop?

I mean, i have one waiting in the wings to be painted anyways- but yeah, some changes/nerfs in this errata round for sure

Responded to me in the Facebook post. I wasn't the first to ask, just the latest:

unknown.png