1000pt Codex: Space Marines

PD78

My roommate decided to get into 40k, and suddenly showed up with a couple boxes of Space Marine starters, so I'm helping him come up with lists. I haven't played since 4ed/5ed, so I may be a bit out of touch - can y'all vet this list please? The idea is speed, firepower, and a brick to both draw fire and hit the other guy with. Plus models and wargear that he just downright likes the look/idea of. The downsides that I see are that there's a LOT of points tied up in the top end, a low model count (19 models, including vehicles!), and a lack of objective-sitters for games that rely on objective control to win.

HQ - 6PL

(106pts) Terminator Captain: Iron Resolve, Warlord, The Honor Vehement, Storm Bolter, Relic Blade

Elites - 9PL

(165pts) Terminator Assault Squad: 4x LC, 1x Sgt w/ LC, Teleport Homer

Flyer - 15PL

(Transport for Termies+Captain, 330pts) Stormraven Gunship: TL Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolter(x2), Typhoon Missile Launcher, Stormstrike Missile Launcher(x2)

Troops - 18PL

(198pts) Tactical Squad "Decimus": 3x Boltgun/BP+CCW, 1x Grav Gun, 1x Sgt w/ Grav Pistol+Power Maul, Frag/Krak grenades

(Transport) Razorback w/ TL Lascannon, Hunter-Killer Missile

(201pts) Tactical Squad "Deimos": 3x Boltgun/BP+CCW, 1x Plasma Gun, 1x Sgt w/ Plasma Pistol+Power Fist, Frag/Krak grenades

(Transport) Razorback w/ TL Lascannon, Hunter-Killer Missile

Total: 1000pts, 48 PL

This list looks pretty sweet imo. There's two squads with ObSec and transports to jump on objectives, and the Stormraven can drop the Terminators on an objective too.

Lightning Claws might not be the optimal choice if you're trying to hold objectives with them as they have no firepower, and it'll be hard for them to make it out of the Stormraven and charge since they have to disembark 9" away from the closest enemy. Without a Chaplain litany or some other way to improve or re-roll their charge distance, they're less than 50% to make it in. 

Keep in mind he also gets to choose Chapter Tactics from the latest SM codex, and that can be a big leg up. Lots of new rules for marines in there if you haven't played since 4th/5th.

They have to disembark 9" away? I thought it was 1" away and within 3" of the transport. If I'm not reading the rules wrong, even if they do have to disembark 9" away, as long as they do it at the beginning of the movement phase they should still be able to move 5" and successfully charge on anything but snake eyes for the charge roll. Maybe you're thinking of teleport strikes instead of transports?

Nope, you're exactly right, I'm wrong - so used to thinking of getting out from Deep Strike and not a transport. Do note though that you can only disembark if the transport hasn't moved yet, so whoever you're looking to charge will have a turn to try and move away after your flier arrives on site and opens up with its guns.