XXth 3k Aggro List

CajunJynx

My Very Aggressive XXth list, normally if I take a Saboteur he is pretty basic, though in staying on brand he isn’t just supposed to outflank and die, his job is to outflank (with that good good AP1 insta pen), shoot something in the rear arc, then charge, but I can also use him to tie up rapiers/heavy support squads for a bit too, depending on threats on the table.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Armillus Dynat [200pts]

Saboteur [130pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, On Foot, Refractor Field

. Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun

. Consul

. . Saboteur

. Power Weapon: Power Axe

+ Elites +

Lernaen Terminator Squad [735pts]

. Harrower: Chainfist, Master-crafted weapon, Power Dagger, Volkite Charger

. Lernean Terminator: Power Fist, Volkite Charger

. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [215pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Dozer Blade

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Dagger, Power Fist

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [215pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

+ Fast Attack +

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, Legion [65pts]

. Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Heavy Bolter, Twin-linked Lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [430pts]: Dreadnought Drop Pod, Legion

. Leviathan Siege Dreadnought: Armoured Ceramite, Grav-flux Bombard, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Phosphex Discharger

. . Leviathan Siege Drill

Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank [225pts]: Twin-linked Bolter

. Twin Arcus launcher: Skyspear Warheads

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron, Legion [155pts]

. Vindicator Tank, Legion: Combi-Bolter, Demolisher Cannon, Dozer Blade, Machine Spirit, Twin-linked Bolter

Rite of War: The Coils of the Hydra

+ Lords of War +

Alpharius [415pts]

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

Edited by CajunJynx

Why Coils as you don’t appear to be stealing any other legion units?

Rules manipulation, -1 to enemy reserves, 4+ rerollable seize from Alpharius. Coils of The Hydra is better than just stealing a unit. I don’t really get a bonus from other RoW with this list anyway.

Edited by CajunJynx

• 2 weeks later...

After playing a few games the Vindi wasn’t performing as well was I would like so brought back my whirlwind Scorpius, gave the tacticals voxes, and with the last 5 gave the javelin an HK missile.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Armillus Dynat [200pts]

Saboteur [130pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, On Foot, Refractor Field

. Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Meltagun

. Consul

. . Saboteur

. Power Weapon: Power Axe

+ Elites +

Lernaen Terminator Squad [735pts]

. Harrower: Chainfist, Master-crafted weapon, Power Dagger, Volkite Charger

. Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [225pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Nuncio-vox

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [225pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

+ Fast Attack +

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron, Legion [70pts]

. Javelin Attack Speeder, Legion: Heavy Bolter, Hunter-killer Missile, Twin-linked Lascannon

+ Heavy Support +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon [430pts]: Dreadnought Drop Pod, Legion

. Leviathan Siege Dreadnought: Armoured Ceramite, Grav-flux Bombard, Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Phosphex Discharger

. . Leviathan Siege Drill

Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank [225pts]: Twin-linked Bolter

. Twin Arcus launcher: Skyspear Warheads

Whirlwind Scorpius, Legion [120pts]

. Combi-weapon: Combi-weapon: Volkite Charger

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: Traitor

. XX: Alpha Legion

Rite of War: The Coils of the Hydra

+ Lords of War +

Alpharius [415pts]

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

• 2 weeks later...

seems like a solid stock coils list.

one immediate thought that comes to mind: what does dynat bring you with alpharius on the table? 200 points feels like a lot to spend on just the harrowing. i also feel like you could be getting more mileage out of preferred enemy than what you've got if you shifted some points around.

one immediate thought that comes to mind: what does dynat bring you with alpharius on the table? 200 points feels like a lot to spend on just the harrowing. i also feel like you could be getting more mileage out of preferred enemy than what you've got if you shifted some points around.

The compulsory HQ slot, I believe. Saboteurs are support officers if I'm not mistaken.

• 4 weeks later...

Dynat means the Levi can wreck whatever it touches and makes the Sab’s special attack effectively AP1 and his Melta bomb explodes things on a 4+ so the Sab goes from a one shot trick to an actual threat, he is also cheaper than my normal combat preator loadout. I have a list posted in this forum where I lean heavily into PE-E.

This list has become infamous locally, and generally doesn’t see the table anymore unless I’m playing the better people in the meta.

With an experienced player driving this list is nasty.

• 3 weeks later...

why take a Spartan when you can infiltrate those terminators where you need them?

I imagine there are a number of reasons. Firstly, infiltrate (and scout) prevent you from charging first turn. So setting those terminators up near your opponents lines leaves them vulnerable to assault. Infiltrate is best used to position strong shooting units, or to tactically redeploy. It’s quite interesting to watch your opponents reaction when you get first turn and don’t set up anything because your entire force has infiltrate. It changes the natural rhythm of the game and therefore increases the chance of your opponent making a mistake, or at the very least, deploying more defensively.

Secondly, those terminators are in cataphractii, which means they can’t run. So if they don’t get shot off the board or charged in turn one, a smart opponent would just avoid them altogether. The Spartan mitigates this movement issue, and pretty much (unless you opponent can crack the Spartan) guarantees you will get the charge off, at maximum unit strength. The Spartan effectively increases your movement from 6” to 18” or your charge threat radius from 6”+2D6” to 12”+2D6.

Thirdly, coils of the hydra dictates all infantry units must have infiltrate or take a dedicated transport. So if you take infiltrate on the terminators you lock yourself into that mutable tactic. By taking DTs you retain the ability to choose your mutable tactic.

Finally, you can still infiltrate the terminators, as the Spartan is a dedicated transport. But now they won’t get charged or shot off the board turn one.....

I was toying with the idea of using a transvectic generator on my saboteur, since he lost the option for a JP. Worth it?

Cadmus

I don’t typically use psyarkana, but the TG is a jumpack on steroids until you roll a 1, and then it still deals those good S6 AP1 hits. Could be nasty, definitely gives Sab a way to cause even more chaos.

Since you take Alpharius and Dynat and play CotH, why not switch out the Lerneans to Tyrant siege terminators? With Alpharius they get BS5 and preferred enemy (everything), take a unit of 10, you will have first turn with a rerollable 4+ sieze the initiative roll. Now that's 20 S8 krak missiles that hits on 2's, reroll 1's and reroll 1'n to wound, with those rerolls, you will most likely have 18-20 S8 wounds on infantry, and around 7-10 glances on medium armoured vehicles and maybe 3-4 glances on a spartan...on the first turn.

You can also redeploy them or move them to ensure getting LOS to enemy units, they will delete whatever they shoot at first turn. They are have power fists just like Lerneans, butt will dish out more damage I believe since their superior mid-long range S8 shooting will compensate for not sitting in a spartan waiting to get to places in order to charge turn two or three.

I know this might sound a bit WAAC-cheesy, so do it against those skilled players that like cheese fights occasionally.

• 4 weeks later...

Since you take Alpharius and Dynat and play CotH, why not switch out the Lerneans to Tyrant siege terminators? With Alpharius they get BS5 and preferred enemy (everything), take a unit of 10, you will have first turn with a rerollable 4+ sieze the initiative roll. Now that's 20 S8 krak missiles that hits on 2's, reroll 1's and reroll 1'n to wound, with those rerolls, you will most likely have 18-20 S8 wounds on infantry, and around 7-10 glances on medium armoured vehicles and maybe 3-4 glances on a spartan...on the first turn.

You can also redeploy them or move them to ensure getting LOS to enemy units, they will delete whatever they shoot at first turn. They are have power fists just like Lerneans, butt will dish out more damage I believe since their superior mid-long range S8 shooting will compensate for not sitting in a spartan waiting to get to places in order to charge turn two or three.

I know this might sound a bit WAAC-cheesy, so do it against those skilled players that like cheese fights occasionally.

Honestly, because there are a couple other special units I’m picking up before the tyrants, but you aren’t wrong. I also like lerneans with big A as a “cleanup” unit, with the Spartan racing toward whatever survives the rest of the list.

Your suggestion is strong, and I’ll eventually have a variant of this list with Siege tyrants.