GW annual results - 'best year so far'

Scammel

I'm a librarian and I got us to start buying a bunch of Warhammer stuff about 10 years ago but they way they kept cranking out stuff and prices went up we stopped.  The books got checked out pretty quickly so they were relatively popular but there are still library systems out there buying the HH series.  

At this point I'd only buy their digital stuff because hardbacks are way overpriced, paperbacks fall apart, and a Kindle is way easier to read at night. 

I hope that AT and AI are selling well to help GW branch out a little more and hopefully bring back BFG!  Maybe their recent success will make that a possibility. 

Edited by Fajita Fan

@N1SB: Have you considered writing inspirational speeches? Better than any Uplifting Primer :smile.:

I've never used patreon before but I would consider it! I only started reading to see if it was worth buying back in to GAW, and now I'm considering finding out if I can write!

The issue with patreon is I have seen being used for many things, but for writing I am not quite sure how it could work. With games it is often the case that the files get released into the public regardless of the terms from the developers, imagine if I was sharing chapters in advance and someone goes and publishes it?

I don't mind doing things for free, but I do mind doing things that only others profit from and having copyright battles over something I wrote would be very bad.

It is obvious you can share other stuff like custom short stories, but I really don't want to write 18+ stuff to satisfy the fetishes of some crazy supporter somewhere :biggrin.:

Naming characters after requests done by patrons would likely not go well either, trolls have money too.

A series of short stories as audio dramas could work, if I could keep up a fixed rhythm, but I would likely need to hire some voice actors/actresses for when there was more than one character speaking. I was able to get voice actors/actresses for a mod some years ago and that was free, because honestly I didn't have the cash to pay them, nor was I making anything with the mod itself, so in theory that would be feasible, but recording a few lines from audition to end can take a few weeks at best, at least until you get regular contributors.

I have thought about many things, as something like patreon has to have value for both parts, if you don't offer enough for the money, there is no investment and if there is investment but I am doing something that I dislike, it just feels like working a second job. There is also the issue that my manly boobs are not the right thing to attract customers :D

Decisions, decisions...

I actually meant for supporting the inspirational speeches, but it was tongue in cheek anyway Edited by pawl