Heavy flamer x2, Storm cannon array x2

+ Dedicated Transport +

(1)Impulsor [4 PL, 106pts]

Storm Bolters x2

(Mephiston & Assault Intercessors)

(1)Lucius Pattern Drop Pod [6 PL, 80pts]

(Furioso)

++ Total: [99 PL, 1,746pts] ++

As it says on the tin, bringing my old list up to date :tu; fairly casual but want to be able to hold my own.

What do we think?

*I think it’s with the updated painted*

Edited by Midnightmare

Looks great. I'd advise swapping to Auto-Bolt Rifles on Intercessors for the fact that they want to advance first turn and lay down fire. Turn 2 they will be 3 shots AP-1 vs 2 shots AP-2.... and of course they'll love being in melee. Looks great!

I will be honest, I haven’t gave much thought on the Intercessor Bolt Rifles, but that sounds a very good call indeed.

My Impulsor doesn’t have a shield dome either - I really think I should find points for that also.

Edited by Midnightmare

With the indomitus box purported to be the best selling box ever, I think anti-marine equipment is the way to go. The leviathan makes a lot of sense. Adding to its effectiveness, is the smaller board size, with a more objective oriented 9th edition, and pre-determined objectives. I should think he'll have good fun in the center of the table. 

I always liked attack bikes, if for nothing else, they can rapidly move to assist at any place looking nasty at the moment. If it's true vehicles are the meta, multimeltas can't hurt.

I think a 10 man death company is still a decent pick, but I'd either throw in thunderhammers or go all chain/powerswords. Personal preference. I just typically fail to do much with a limited number of powerfists.

How do you plan to use the eradicators? (curiosity, not an accusation--I've got a squad primed and I'm contemplating it myself). I've been thinking of using them to come in from reserves.

With the indomitus box purported to be the best selling box ever, I think anti-marine equipment is the way to go. The leviathan makes a lot of sense. Adding to its effectiveness, is the smaller board size, with a more objective oriented 9th edition, and pre-determined objectives. I should think he'll have good fun in the center of the table.

I always liked attack bikes, if for nothing else, they can rapidly move to assist at any place looking nasty at the moment. If it's true vehicles are the meta, multimeltas can't hurt.

I think a 10 man death company is still a decent pick, but I'd either throw in thunderhammers or go all chain/powerswords. Personal preference. I just typically fail to do much with a limited number of powerfists.

How do you plan to use the eradicators? (curiosity, not an accusation--I've got a squad primed and I'm contemplating it myself). I've been thinking of using them to come in from reserves.

I like the idea of the Leviathan, I have had the model ages and I think it’s about time to build him and bring him to the table!

With the Death Co, the reasoning behind Powerfists is literally that is how they are modelled. I heard you on the luck, my guys always tend to roll 1’s for on the damage chart.

With the Eradicators, they seem a cheap unit that can potentially cause a lot of damage. I am either bringng them on as reserve nearby a juice target like you say or deploy them quite aggressively. They are the same sort of target as the Attack Bikes, so I am kind of thinking of them as redundancy - I have always brought lots of melta as I have a tendency to whiff shots so need a lot of them!

I understand wanting to bring the big boy leviathan, but I sincerely think that he just isnt worth it till he gets his price lowered to a saner level.

He just isnt worth 1/6 an army.

But if you wanted to make one work, I'd look at reducing the infantry to add in more armored threats and bring a techmarine.

If I set up against you, every anti tank gun in my army would be putting shots into that leviathan, and nothing else is really taking advantage of that targeting being basically dictated for me.

However, I salute your melta usage, I'm the same way. I despise plasma, so with 9th bringing melta down to cost the same Im ecstatic. Well, except for the poor MM.

I have always been a melta guy - my Assault Squads always used to have double meta and a fist, whether podded or with jump packs.

Totally see where you are coming from over the Levi - he is a large (large!) cost and target. I do have two Baal Predators with Assault Cannons, as well as a Stormraven and a Land Raider (both of which I am not keen on) but with the big guy taking up so many points it’s hard to fit anything more than the Baal’s.