Most unrepresented army?

INKS

If we exclude Forge World and 'armies' without a dedicated Codex it's probably Harlequins (extremely low model variety), then Genestealer Cults (horde army with expensive/detailed kits, difficult playstyle and lore that Your Dudes are basically useful idiots for the Tyranids) and then I'd say it evens out between the various other Xenos armies depending on meta/recent releases plus maybe pure Chaos Daemons in there somewhere.

Edited by Lord Marshal

If we go with main armies, so ignoring mini armies like Ynnari and Harlequins etc, I'd say Dark Eldar and Deathwatch. Though DW are about to become a subfaction for C:SM anyway so they don't really count I'd say.

Yeah all they needed was a quick counts as/trait swapped set of entries for a couple more units and they would be a fine diddy faction but they got eviscerated then tidied up with a couple of rusty staples :/  

• 2 weeks later...

Genestealers are the most under represented faction in my area. We have at least one of every other faction, Sister's of Silence and Corsairs included, but weirdly enough not a single GSC player around. I've thought about starting them myself more than once, but the above mentioned price tag keeps me away.

Harlequins, easily - and I can see why. As much as I like the faction I wouldn't want to touch those paintschemes with a 10 foot pole.

Working on a Kill team of them right now and honestly they are one of the easier models to paint, not as many details. This may come as a shock you, but you don't have to do diamonds.......

Genestealers are the most under represented faction in my area. We have at least one of every other faction, Sister's of Silence and Corsairs included, but weirdly enough not a single GSC player around.

Maybe that's what they want you to think...

I agree, though - GSC feels like a small group. Here on the BnC, the Cult forum is very quiet, and even within that small group some are potential players rather than currently active.

The only GSC player I know in real life is me, and that includes the two 40 player tournaments I've been to.

Edited by Rogue

Harlequins shouldn’t be their own army and GSC should be IG conversion packs that fight alongside Nids, it makes them kinda orphans. At the very least the GSC book should let you take Nid options. Someday when my GSC is done I think I’ll be the only player in my area.

and that is a shame GSC players will never need to know the joy of finecast minis

Edited by Talbaz

Harlequins shouldn’t be their own army and GSC should be IG conversion packs that fight alongside Nids, it makes them kinda orphans. At the very least the GSC book should let you take Nid options. Someday when my GSC is done I think I’ll be the only player in my area.

Uhm when the Nids arrive the GSC gets eaten alongside everything else. Often first as they rush to their gods to be uplifted...

Uhm when the Nids arrive the GSC gets eaten alongside everything else. Often first as they rush to their gods to be uplifted...

Which is why GSC should get to take Nid options and not the other way around.  When the Carnifexes start dropping they're fighting alongside the cult for a few minutes at least. 

The alternative - making GSC its own solo codex - is they're going to be a very expensive, quirky army that is exceedingly rare to see because they're IG without the good options. Now you can take IG units but they don't get the GSC special rules but it would be pretty cool to fling genestealers out of a Valkyrie LOL :laugh.:  Seriously though, at my GW which is really busy I've seen one GSC army on a table one time. 

If you're playing the Cult as Guard without toys, then you're missing out on a lot.

My understanding of Guard is that they're mostly about tanks and cheap bodies. The Cult can do that, but don't do it well. It's much more interesting to lean into acolytes, aberrants, bikers and all the tactical shenanigans that the Cult opens up.

(And Kraken genestealers if you feel like applying a tin-opener to someone's castle in turn one, but then we're into allies.)

I wonder if people aren't trying the Cult because they see them as a more limited version of either the Guard or the Hivemind.