Can't sequence different guns between each other.

chapter master 454

Something I just want to run up the flag pole here for 9th but...you can't weave gunfire as some of us thought and just checking if I was the only one missing this.

To Quote: "...then if any other weapons with the same characteristics profile are also being shot at that unit, resolve those attacks before resolving any attacks against the target unit with a weapon that has a different characteristic profile"

So this would mean that if you were to run a devastator squad with 4 lascannons and 6 boltguns and were hoping to bait out the storm shield dude from a squad for bolter fire, you cannot. All 4 lascannons must go first then all the boltguns.

Naturally, if you bring various different weapons then you can but since the common optimal loadout is often 4 of the same (or just all the same in a unit) this could be a note worthy thing to keep track of.

Ofcourse doesn't stop you using a lascannon from a different unit to then lead for the other squad but it isn't possible to alternate guns within one unit alone unless they bring some sort of higherlander set-up of guns.

Good to know. Takes away the option to optimize ones shooting on the fly but streamlines things a lot which I think I honestly prefer in this case.

So this would mean that if you were to run a devastator squad with 4 lascannons and 6 boltguns and were hoping to bait out the storm shield dude from a squad for bolter fire, you cannot. All 4 lascannons must go first then all the boltguns.

What stops you from using all six boltguns first?

Edited by Quixus

in this example, you want to get rid of the storm shield but they won't roll on him unless needed. It is a fringe example but it is something to be aware of

Its a bigger deal when you are attacking a unit with multi-wound models with some attacks that do random damage and some that do static damage.

For example, as commonly came up for me, a unit of noise marines with sonic blasters (D1) and blastmasters (D D3) attack a unit of destroyers (W 3).  Typically I would want to attack with one blastmaster, and then if it doesn't kill a destroyer on its own, enough sonic blasters to finish it off, before going back to the next blastmaster, as that avoids the potential of doing 2 W with one blastmaster and 3 with next, which essentially "wastes" 2 W.

That said, I prefer the new method as it speeds things up and means I don't have to explain what I'm doing everytime I do it.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Given that the Official Rules portion of this discussion appears to have ended, and you're all now discussing tactics, this is moving to the Tactica sub-forum.

in this example, you want to get rid of the storm shield but they won't roll on him unless needed. It is a fringe example but it is something to be aware of

Something to keep in mind is that once a model had attacks allocated to it in a given phase, that model has to continue receiving any following attacks in that phase. You might be able to play around with split-firing weapons, too?

• 5 weeks later...
Whilst those Shield Drones in the example can protect the Broadsides from the Lascannons if you fire them first, the best solution in this circumstance is to fire the bolters. If the opponent doesn't want lose a Broadside from Lascannons he is in a real pickle because once he takes all the bolter shots (or even 1) on a Broadside to protect the Drones, the next volley of Lascannons have to at least get him first until next turn.