Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can't sequence different guns between each other.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,124 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Something I just want to run up the flag pole here for 9th but...you can't weave gunfire as some of us thought and just checking if I was the only one missing this.

To Quote: "...then if any other weapons with the same characteristics profile are also being shot at that unit, resolve those attacks before resolving any attacks against the target unit with a weapon that has a different characteristic profile"

So this would mean that if you were to run a devastator squad with 4 lascannons and 6 boltguns and were hoping to bait out the storm shield dude from a squad for bolter fire, you cannot. All 4 lascannons must go first then all the boltguns.

Naturally, if you bring various different weapons then you can but since the common optimal loadout is often 4 of the same (or just all the same in a unit) this could be a note worthy thing to keep track of.

Ofcourse doesn't stop you using a lascannon from a different unit to then lead for the other squad but it isn't possible to alternate guns within one unit alone unless they bring some sort of higherlander set-up of guns.

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,064 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Good to know. Takes away the option to optimize ones shooting on the fly but streamlines things a lot which I think I honestly prefer in this case.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,188 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

So this would mean that if you were to run a devastator squad with 4 lascannons and 6 boltguns and were hoping to bait out the storm shield dude from a squad for bolter fire, you cannot. All 4 lascannons must go first then all the boltguns.

What stops you from using all six boltguns first?

Edited by Quixus, 30 July 2020 - 10:00 AM.

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,124 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

in this example, you want to get rid of the storm shield but they won't roll on him unless needed. It is a fringe example but it is something to be aware of

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,473 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Its a bigger deal when you are attacking a unit with multi-wound models with some attacks that do random damage and some that do static damage.

For example, as commonly came up for me, a unit of noise marines with sonic blasters (D1) and blastmasters (D D3) attack a unit of destroyers (W 3).  Typically I would want to attack with one blastmaster, and then if it doesn't kill a destroyer on its own, enough sonic blasters to finish it off, before going back to the next blastmaster, as that avoids the potential of doing 2 W with one blastmaster and 3 with next, which essentially "wastes" 2 W.

That said, I prefer the new method as it speeds things up and means I don't have to explain what I'm doing everytime I do it.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui, 30 July 2020 - 03:02 PM.

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,444 posts
  • Faction: The Scions
Given that the Official Rules portion of this discussion appears to have ended, and you're all now discussing tactics, this is moving to the Tactica sub-forum.

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,912 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

in this example, you want to get rid of the storm shield but they won't roll on him unless needed. It is a fringe example but it is something to be aware of

Something to keep in mind is that once a model had attacks allocated to it in a given phase, that model has to continue receiving any following attacks in that phase. You might be able to play around with split-firing weapons, too?
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users