Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necron leaks and datasheets! (images on first post)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,366 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Found on the internet, the tombs are already talking about them but figured the wide world would want to know too! The six main dynasties have been screen grabbed, I know not from where. All I know are the following benefits:

Szarekhan:
- 5+ feel no pain vs mortal wounds
- Each unit may reroll one to-wound roll in shooting or close combat
- If all units in the army have this dynastic code, then they get both command protocol directives from the Protocol of the Undying Legion when it is active (except for Dynastic Agents and C'tan Shards)

Sautekh:
- Reroll morale tests (note, not just failed tests)
- Rapid fire weapons make double the amount of attacks when within 18" instead of the normal rules
- If all units in the army have this dynastic code, then they get both command protocol directives from the Protocol of the Conquering Tyrant when it is active (except for Dynastic Agents and C'tan Shards)

Mephrit:
- Add 3" to ranged weapons (not pistols)
- Improve AP by 1 when in half range
- If all units in the army have this dynastic code, then they get both command protocol directives from the Protocol of the Vengeful Spirit when it is active (except for Dynastic Agents and C'tan Shards)

Novokh:
- Add 1 to charge rolls
- Improve melee AP by 1 when charging, when charged, and when Heroically Intervening or Intervened
- If all units in the army have this dynastic code, then they get both command protocol directives from the Protocol of the Hungry Void when it is active (except for Dynastic Agents and C'tan Shards)

Nephrekh:
- 6+ inv save
- When a model advances, it translocates instead. It auto rolls a 6 for the extra distance, and can't shoot
- When a model falls back or translocates, it can move through terrain and enemy units.
- If all units in the army have this dynastic code, then they get both command protocol directives from the Protocol of the Sudden Storm when it is active (except for Dynastic Agents and C'tan Shards)

Nihilakh:
- All models gain Objective Secured. Any models that already have Objective Secured count as two models for determining control of objectives
- AP -1 counts as AP 0 when wholly within your own Deployment Zone.
- If all units in the army have this dynastic code, then they get both command protocol directives from the Protocol of the Eternal Guardian when it is active (except for Dynastic Agents and C'tan Shards)

So there will be 6 Protocols that can become active. Each one gives 2 buffs but you can only choose 1 when it's active. Each Dynasty allows you to take both buffs for their designated Protocol.

Dynastic Agents! What do we figure these are? The easy picks are those that didn't fall under any dynasty in the past, like the Praetorians. Wonder what else might get added to that.

Dynasties here:
Spoiler

Canoptek Doomstalker
Lokhust Heavy Destroyers
Triarch Praetorians
Lychguard
Canoptek Spyder
Spoiler

Canoptek Wraiths
Triarch Stalkers
Spoiler

Immortals
Deathmarks

Spoiler

Edited by Seahawk, 13 August 2020 - 02:59 PM.

• mithrilforge, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, mel_danes and 9 others like this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts
It's from the pics of the codex in the video. Someone with better eye sight than me :)

Thanks for sharing :)
  • Aztek likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
Can someone please clarify what a command protocol directive is for me?

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts

Until we get the codex or a preview, nobody knows yet (outside the games development team)...
Hidden Content

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,826 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
It seems they are buffs for pure Necron armies and you can pick two if they are all the same dynasty, essentially Necron doctrines.
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,741 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I'm guessing the top two are the new dynasties, the others are the older ones? Interested to see these command protocols are and where they drift closer to existing doctrines/ canticles etc. 

• Valdr Fell-fist likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 654 posts
Great work!

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts

I'm guessing the top two are the new dynasties, the others are the older ones? Interested to see these command protocols are and where they drift closer to existing doctrines/ canticles etc.

They're all old, they were asleep for about 64 million years :P

Szarekhan is the silent king's dynasty.

Sautekh is the classic Silver - imotekh the storm lord, Zandrekh and Obyron are all Sautekh. The poster boys before the silent king returned.

Trazyn is Nihilakh - the blue and gold.

Mephrit are red and white.

They've all been written about but Sautekh the 'traditional'.

I'm very torn between szarekh and Sautekh. Having the codex would make the choice easier. Think I'll throw in with Szarekh for scheme but the Sautekh rules are VERY tasty I think.

Edited by 01RTB01, 29 July 2020 - 05:20 AM.

• MegaVolt87 likes this
Hidden Content

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,235 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

They're all old, they were asleep for about 64 million years tongue.png

Sautekh is the classic Silver - imotekh the storm lord, Zandrekh and Obyron are all Sautekh. The poster boys before the silent king returned.

Mephrit are red and white.Military green

Novokh are red and White

I'm very torn between szarekh and Sautekh. Having the codex would make the choice easier. Think I'll throw in with Szarekh for scheme but the Sautekh rules are VERY tasty I think.

FIXED... msn-wink.gif

Mithril

• 01RTB01 and nanosquid like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
These are solid.

I wonder what the additional rules will be for running mono Dynasties... It makes it sound like they could be the equivalent of Chapter super doctrines.

-~Ishagu~-

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,831 posts
These seem a bit underwhelming to be honest. Especially when you compare them to what marines get. Granted we don’t know the super doctrine if that’s what it turns out to be but I’m a bit disheartened with these.

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts

These seem a bit underwhelming to be honest. Especially when you compare them to what marines get. Granted we don’t know the super doctrine if that’s what it turns out to be but I’m a bit disheartened with these.

I think they are pretty similar in terms of power level, especially compared to the new toned down chapter traits. Some of them are a bit more restrictive, granted.
  • nanosquid likes this

-~Ishagu~-

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists & Flesh Tearers

Great job Seahawk!

gallery_45765_12339_49118.png 49208293978_064e846335_o.png

Instagram - viewasjack

Crimson Fists 4th Company - "The Crimson Lancers" - WIP

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,831 posts

I think they are pretty similar in terms of power level, especially compared to the new toned down chapter traits. Some of them are a bit more restrictive, granted.

They seem a bit lacklustre to me, there’s nothing I’m reading there that makes me excited as an opportunity. Plus a few of the have what seem like harsh restrictions. Like you only count ap-1 as 0 when you’re wholly in your deployment zone, or you auto advance 6 but then can’t shoot any assault weapons. Non of the marine ones have those kinds of drawbacks to them.

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,319 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

They seem a bit lacklustre to me, there’s nothing I’m reading there that makes me excited as an opportunity. Plus a few of the have what seem like harsh restrictions. Like you only count ap-1 as 0 when you’re wholly in your deployment zone, or you auto advance 6 but then can’t shoot any assault weapons. Non of the marine ones have those kinds of drawbacks to them.

Mostly not super-exciting, no, but Nihilakh being fully an ObjSec army means the secondary bonus can't be too good, considering the importance of objectives in 9th.

• nanosquid likes this

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,685 posts

They're all old, they were asleep for about 64 million years :P

Mephrit are red and white.

This is my issue, mainly cause I LOVE the classic silver scheme. I might just paint them in that scheme and do a shoulder in bronze to show they're Sautekh who has sworn loyalty to the King, so gained access to the goodies his Dynasty offers. Cake and eat it too.

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,831 posts

Mostly not super-exciting, no, but Nihilakh being fully an ObjSec army means the secondary bonus can't be too good, considering the importance of objectives in 9th.

I guess that makes sense from their point of view but in the games I’ve played or watched (even the 9th edition bat reps) obsec isn’t all that valuable as one side normally definitely owns an objective because there’s nothing else around.

Hopefully there’s some more tasty stuff in those bonuses and strats and maybe even data sheets that will prove a bit more exciting :)

Nova_Dew

Nova_Dew

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts

Until we get the codex or a preview, nobody knows yet (outside the games development team)...

It seems they are buffs for pure Necron armies and you can pick two if they are all the same dynasty, essentially Necron doctrines.

I think they will be the Necron versions of the SM Combat Doctrines but with a bit more flexibility with 6 of them and each having two options.

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts

Sautekh:

- Rapid fire weapons make double the amount of attacks when within 18" instead of the normal rules

The new blasty stick Warriors can have is range 14, RF 1. Does this mean they become range 18?

we_badge_ezra.png

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Sautekh:

The new blasty stick Warriors can have is range 14, RF 1. Does this mean they become range 18?
I suspect it'll be a case of the new guns will always get double shots with the Sautekh Dynasty, but their range will remain 14".
  • nanosquid likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Sautekh:

I suspect it'll be a case of the new guns will always get double shots with the Sautekh Dynasty, but their range will remain 14".

That seems to make the most sense.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts

Sautekh:

This is GW, sense has long since left town. :P

• templargdt likes this

we_badge_ezra.png

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 671 posts

Sautekh:

This is GW, sense has long since left town. :P

Which I think is becoming more of an “us” the fan base then “they” GW.

“ it says I can shoot twice up to 18” so my 14” range can now shoot that far” is definitely a looong stretch. Especially when we see another rule above showing how GW writes rules to extend range.

It’s 2 shots at 14”.
  • nanosquid likes this

nanosquid

nanosquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
Everyone sleeping on my Nephrekh boys as usual. Falling back forward into enemy territory is HUGE. Losing assault shots is nothing compared to having armywide invulnerable.

The first time I teleport through a certain local player's space wolves screen into range of a royal Warden that will let them shoot at point blank with those Gauss reapers, I'm going to make sure to get it on film.
  • ThatOneMarshal, Skerr and Vermintide like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Everyone sleeping on my Nephrekh boys as usual. Falling back forward into enemy territory is HUGE. Losing assault shots is nothing compared to having armywide invulnerable.

The first time I teleport through a certain local player's space wolves screen into range of a royal Warden that will let them shoot at point blank with those Gauss reapers, I'm going to make sure to get it on film.

That sounds flipping terrifying.

I love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users