Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necron leaks and datasheets! (images on first post)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

My Novokh boys getting done dirty...losing their amazing trait to that...Used to be straight re-roll hit rolls in melee on charge, charged or intervention.

Still curious about the protocols though.

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

nanosquid

nanosquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts

My Novokh boys getting done dirty...losing their amazing trait to that...Used to be straight re-roll hit rolls in melee on charge, charged or intervention.

Still curious about the protocols though.

A lot of Necron players have complained about the lack of re-rolls for hit rolls. Perhaps protocols will include something like that, and Novokh merely changed to keep them from being redundant.

Edited by nanosquid, 30 July 2020 - 02:31 AM.

Skerr

Skerr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 856 posts

Everyone sleeping on my Nephrekh boys

These guys were my first pic. Agreed on all points.

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,262 posts

I wonder when we get to see some Maynarkh updates from FW. I want my murder-bots.

• ThatOneMarshal and WrathOfTheLion like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 780 posts
I'm happy they get some sort of mono bonus. I'm hoping that is a new trend extending to every faction with the new codex releases. It's only fair.
  • nanosquid and WrathOfTheLion like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,599 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

I'm happy they get some sort of mono bonus. I'm hoping that is a new trend extending to every faction with the new codex releases. It's only fair.

To me it would make sense to have a 'standard package' of rules for each faction and subfaction. The standardized two traits for SM chapters has worked quite well I think for instance.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 30 July 2020 - 01:03 PM.

• Putrid Choir likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Shield-Captain

Shield-Captain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

Don't know if these have been posted here yet but a buddy of mine sent this to our discord

116110026_641735493405981_18233119019113116674912_230748478067644_41815747648329

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Drudge Dreadnought, RedFox and 1 other like this

23.jpg

Wraith776

Wraith776

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 329 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Those are some scary cannons. Noticed that the Doomsday Blaster doesn't have the blast rule.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment - Isidor Akios

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts
Its official, I need 2 doomstalkers and 3 of the big boy destroyers!
  • Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra likes this

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,367 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Plus these stat upgrades. Choppy units definitely getting choppier!

20200803-200229.jpg

20200803-200212.jpg

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,257 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone
Not a fan of the icons in place of acronyms
  • Warhead01, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Black Blow Fly and 4 others like this

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,599 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
Yeah, hopefully that experiment fails and ends with that publication.

The icons mean nothing to me, I would have to either memorize order or refer to a key.
  • Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,591 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard
I'm actually really dissapointed in the heavy destroyer.
One shot at bs3+ is just real bad, despite the damage being quite good. But its "only" Str10, so by the time you hit on 3s and wound a tank on 3s, you have a roughly 55% chance of just doing NOTHING. Rerolls will help with that a bit, but its never going to be reliable unless they get to shoot multiple times or something.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,059 posts

I'm actually really dissapointed in the heavy destroyer.
One shot at bs3+ is just real bad, despite the damage being quite good. But its "only" Str10, so by the time you hit on 3s and wound a tank on 3s, you have a roughly 55% chance of just doing NOTHING. Rerolls will help with that a bit, but its never going to be reliable unless they get to shoot multiple times or something.

Stats never play out. +1 to hit from an overlord, re rolling 1s to hit, re rolling 1s to wound from a skorpekh lord. I'm excited.

This is before we see the codex... I have faith and reckon they'll be very handy
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,367 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

It's a straight upgrade from the previous version with +1S and +3D. I think it's a fantastic statline for such a weapon.

• 01RTB01 likes this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,630 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons, BA

Not a fan of the icons in place of acronyms

It's so they can have one datasheet, instead of a bunch of translated ones. It's weird at first, but we'll get used to the symbols, and won't have half the instructions be the same datasheet, just in multiple languages.

• Black Blow Fly, Cruor Vault, Arkhanist and 3 others like this

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 10/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 6/7/2020)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_30308_9518_2576.jpggallery_48988_15094_2398.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

nanosquid

nanosquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
Personally, I'm a big fan of the new graphic design overall. There isn't a single change I don't like so far, including the icons.

The Unseen

The Unseen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,591 posts
  • Faction: Charnel Guard

It's a straight upgrade from the previous version with +1S and +3D. I think it's a fantastic statline for such a weapon.

Except that the old ones were taken in units of 3, or mixed in with regular destroyers
These seem like single model units thanks to their size; of course gw could surprise me.
But if they are single models, they'll be very inefficient for buffs and with 9ths detatchment system are going to be very inefficient for slots, unless they come out as elites.

But no way are you spending a precious my will be done on a single shot for a +1.
And let me tell you as a BA player running a hammer captain, hitting on 3s rerolling 1s can burn you real bad.

Invulnerable saves are also going to be a problem, as that -5 AP is pretty awesome, till you shoot a knight/leviathan dread/ tzeentch anything and see that shot have to go through another 50% failure chance to see that damage stat matter.

"For the Emperor and Sanguinius! Death! DEATH!"

Commander Dawnstar

Commander Dawnstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,151 posts
  • Faction: Ksi'm'yen.

These seem like single model units thanks to their size; of course gw could surprise me.

But if they are single models, they'll be very inefficient for buffs and with 9ths detatchment system are going to be very inefficient for slots, unless they come out as elites.

It says they're a unit of 1-3 on the datasheet there. I was surprised too given their size.

gallery_48988_15465_42927.pnggallery_48988_15465_1202.pnggallery_48988_15465_21744.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,059 posts

Except that the old ones were taken in units of 3, or mixed in with regular destroyers

But no way are you spending a precious my will be done on a single shot for a +1.
And let me tell you as a BA player running a hammer captain, hitting on 3s rerolling 1s can burn you real bad.

Invulnerable saves are also going to be a problem, as that -5 AP is pretty awesome, till you shoot a knight/leviathan dread/ tzeentch anything and see that shot have to go through another 50% failure chance to see that damage stat matter.

They're 1-3 so a unit of 3 could be worth it

Has noone else noticed them in the munitorum field manual?! :P
Hidden Content

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,233 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
The data sheet specifically calls out the unit being able to be taken in units up to three, so it’s not as bad as you’re making it out to be. While we don’t know if you can take them in units of regular (presumably Lokhust) destroyers, this unit can probably be pretty reliable, with either a character of some sort (and lets be honest, we all have at least one Destroyer Lord now to hand out a wound buff), or the destroyer stratagem that lets you reroll everything. Plus, they make for a decent distraction unit for somebody to shoot instead of your doomsday ark.
  • 01RTB01 likes this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Bonzi

Bonzi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 752 posts

The data sheet specifically says the unit is 1-3. These guys likely will have the Destroyer reroll 1s to hit and ignore penalty for movement. With MWBD they will be hitting on 2s, rerolling 1s, wounding on 3s, and ignoring all regular armor saves. What is your standard for good antitank? Only one army gets Eradicators and it isn't Necrons.
  • Wraith776 and 01RTB01 like this

Xeno

Necrons

Imperium

Astra/Tempestus Militarum - Vostroyans

Blood Angels - Hands of Sacrifice

Traitor Legions

Emperors Children - Making Noise Marines Scream

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,059 posts
People seem to want guns that just insta-gib and require no rolling. I can't wait to run these as AT. (And indeed play again...)
  • Marshal Loss, Dosjetka, Juggernut and 2 others like this
Hidden Content

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

Personally, I'm a big fan of the new graphic design overall. There isn't a single change I don't like so far, including the icons.

These are from the build booklets - it’s so they have a single page with the basic stats for the models and not like 2/3rds of it being datasheets in 6 languages.
  • Halandaar likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Looks scary, as it should be for Necrons.

Edited by Panzer, 04 August 2020 - 05:06 AM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users