Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necron leaks and datasheets! (images on first post)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

angrom

angrom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 342 posts
Haha necrons will officially be better at melee than shooting. Spiders will be a steal

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,975 posts
Doomsday cannon!!

I like the name :)
  • Firedrake Cordova likes this
banana

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
I don’t know, on the one hand it’ll be a little more difficult to get the hang of symbols, on the other it’ll be easier finding stats for some of the weapons across various factions that have more bespoke names. I mean I know what all the various firstborn weapons are, but Primaris have so many similar/yet different weapons across the range. That’s not even taking into account the various Xenos and Chaos armies, and other Imperial factions too. For example, I’ve no idea what any of the Mechanicum weapons are called, let alone discerning them from one another. The more you play a faction, or play against it for that matter, the better you’ll become at recognising the various weapons and their naming conventions. I think this system is designed not only for new players to the game, but those players who pick up a new faction. Plus as others have said people who speak different languages can use the same data sheet.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants, 04 August 2020 - 12:42 PM.

gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,545 posts

I don’t know, on the one hand it’ll be a little more difficult to get the hang of symbols, on the other it’ll be easier finding stats for some of the weapons across various factions that have more bespoke names. I mean I know what all the various firstborn weapons are, but Primaris have so many similar/yet different weapons across the range. That’s not even taking into account the various Xenos and Chaos armies, and other Imperial factions too. For example, I’ve no idea what any of the Mechanicum weapons are called, let alone discerning them from one another. The more you play a faction, or play against it for that matter, the better you’ll become at recognising the various weapons and their naming conventions. I think this system is designed not only for new players to the game, but those players who pick up a new faction. Plus as others have said people who speak different languages can use the same data sheet.

You don't need to worry about the symbols if you don't want to. These sheets are only what will be included in the box and stand in place of the multiple translations seen in the back of the instructions guide.

They will not replace the extended ones we use in the codexes.

Edited by Lemondish, 04 August 2020 - 01:44 PM.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 382 posts

For me this confirms that "power weapons" will get better, ie +1s on powerswords and more damage for heavy closecombat weapons etc. 

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts
Sooo seems someone on the necron discord showed the full heavy destroyer page and it didn't have any special rules at all. No RP, no hardwired hatred and no ability to move and fire heavy weapons without the -1 cause its infantry.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,545 posts

Sooo seems someone on the necron discord showed the full heavy destroyer page and it didn't have any special rules at all. No RP, no hardwired hatred and no ability to move and fire heavy weapons without the -1 cause its infantry.

Perhaps these are now abilities tied to those Protocols?

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,266 posts

26k9Td7.gif

• Lemondish likes this

we_badge_ezra.png

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

Or these are just super provisional datasheets to use for the 4-6 weeks before the Codex drops with the proper datasheets designed for the new codex.

ETA: Note the Invader and Firestrike sheets don't have Angels of Death either.

ETA2: Peering at the Starer Set promo images where they have the datasheet reference booklet shown, the Necron Warrior sheet does not have any entry for their Reanimation Protocols or Our Number Is Legion, so I figure these sheets are from that reference, and they dropped all the Codex-dependent and other more complex rules to keep things simple for people playing with just a Starter.

Edited by wildweasel, 04 August 2020 - 04:25 PM.

• mel_danes, Cruor Vault, Bloody Legionnaire and 2 others like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,619 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Until we see the rules in the actual codex there's no point in complaining about potential omissions. These are probably from a quick reference booklet that comes in the box.
  • Black Blow Fly and Cruor Vault like this

-~Ishagu~-

Vardus

Vardus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Faction: In flux!

I wouldn't worry too much. The data sheets for the new Recruit starter don't have any special rules or where to reference them on the data card. I suspect that as the new starters are aimed at new players this is to "avoid" rules overload and these new kits will be marked as "boosters" to your starter box.

• Bloody Legionnaire and Redcomet like this

KEEP CALM and Fortify Terra

Vermintide

Vermintide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 447 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Necrons
So basically, Necrons are getting Canticles of the Omnissiah? Fitting in a way I guess. Probably won't be as strong as SM doctrines, but some of those dynastic codes sound... Exploitable...

Strong indication that all armies will be going in this direction and getting another layer of rules on top of existing special rules. RIP soup? biggrin.png

"The Black Library is not lore."

Arch-Magos Mordekai Holatas

Bringer of Sacred Light
5113903.M39

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,476 posts
  • Faction: The Scions
Remember that this is a thread about Necrons, not Chaos, so keep on topic from here on out.

Edited by Dam13n, 07 August 2020 - 06:47 AM.

• battle captain corpus likes this

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,367 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Added canoptek wraiths and the triarch stalker to the first page, check em out!

Edited by Seahawk, 07 August 2020 - 07:36 PM.

• Captain Idaho and wildweasel like this

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts
Thank you!

Significant rework to Wraiths. BS/WS 4+ (I suspect that will be the case for all Canoptek things), S down to 4, picked up an attack and Sv 3+ (expect the invul is going down to a 4++). Claws net lose a bit of S compared to before, coils down to AP -1 D1, expect we will see bonus attacks on the actual datasheet. Same pistol as the Praetorians, so an extra shot there. T-beamer now one shot at S6 and D3.

Stalker is up 2W, heat ray unchanged, punches hard now at a flat 3 damage. Shredder loses a point of S but up two shots and flat 2 damage. Heavy gauss totally reworked to 6 shots for the pair at S7 and Dd3.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,059 posts
Heat ray has currently lost the half range bonus but imagine it'll be in the codex.

Genuine challenge of choice between particle and gauss now.
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts

As build guides, they won't have any special rules. I think it's pretty safe the heat ray will continue to have auto-hit and a melta effect on its profiles. The beamer is strong AI, while the heavy gauss is a solid all-arounder with the best range (especially if the Stalker keeps it's spotting ability).

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 671 posts
The change to heavy Gauss is a hit to the anti vehicle Necrons are already light on.

It still stuck at 3 base attacks so it’s CC will still be underwhelming.

All in all it’s nice to get a peak at the 9th ed codex rules. But without it we still don’t have the full picture.

Edited by Mr4Minutes, 07 August 2020 - 11:51 PM.

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,946 posts
IMG-20200813-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200813-WA0019.jpg

Immortals gain +1 T, 1+ A and the Gauss Blaster is 30".

Deathmarks gain +1 B,S and their gun is more or less entirely different (and better!).
  • Llagos_Tyrant, Volt, 01RTB01 and 2 others like this

mkbKIlr.png

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,042 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Nice to see a greater differentiation between Warriors & Immortals

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,233 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

woot.gif woot.gif

Talk about upgrades! Synaptic Disintegrators are proper sniper rifles now, and Gauss blasters getting a range increase is very much welcome! The stat line upgrades make them feel like the proper solidery and assassins they are in the fluff. I wonder how the Dmarks's special rule will work this go-round.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts
It's nice to see a return to T5 and I'll take the range on gauss blasters but is Heavy 1 really better than Rapid Fire 1 for the synaptic disintegrator? I like them hitting on 2+ but they will count as moving on the turn they arrive as-is.

These sheets are decent teasers for the Codex but they raise as many or more questions than they answer.

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 572 posts

Nice to see Deathmarks get a bump, I really like those models but the previous statline was really bleh.

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 671 posts
T5 is a nice bump, and with the additional range, really puts immortals in their own space separate from warriors.

Deathmarks are an interesting one. It’s a threat to softer characters, but I don’t know if the single shot 1D is enough to stand out.

I’ve been considering using them for counter deep strike shenanigans, but I think the RF profile is better for that.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,059 posts
Sorry but I'd rather rapid fire S4 over the change here. Heavy makes more sense but the halving of shot numbers is a bit meh. I'd rather pop out of hyperspace and double shoot.

Retains 6s for mortal wounds.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users