WH40K App Updated

Raven1

The mods can probably just merge this with the other topic, but since it is locked I figured I would start a new one.  GW announced "massive" changes to the App and here is a link to the Warhammer Community article http://https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/29/app-improvements-updates-and-a-monthfree/utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=40k_29th_July_App&utm_content=&utm_term=_&m_i=CFoQaik%2BFyjBUnnkAe0SSQpaMpiODchrHcKV7pw5X%2BUtECioRKVTGSBaIqpbB2w%2BXDH5UTAL_djPHIqMxAWf7%2BTvd_5CCS

The iOS should be released today

July subscribers get a free month

Errors and stats should be fixed

and more

plus you can unsub with a click of a button

Given the way they worded that I think someone read the Goonhammer review and called the dev team in for a few choice words. Oof.

I bet yesterday was fun while the completely replanned the next few sprints. 

Seems to be the GW way - if you goof up try to fix it up. It would be nice if they did not goof up in the first place but that seems to be just a thing they are going to do sometimes.

Software isn't always fixed so easily :S The fact that writing a search out of order doesn't return any data is oO

Edited by Black_Knight

I can’t find it in the iOS App Store, but as stated above, if you click the GW article link it appears.

I always planned to sub for a month and was waiting for the iOS version.

Plenty of reviews already, but my personal quick take.

It seems rushed, as already discussed. I feel like all the data had been input and the team was probably working on categories and sorting when the corporate half of GW probably told them to release early.

Big plus. It’s incredibly awesome having all the rules for everything. Curious to why your buddy’s GUO can advance and charge? Look up the support characters data sheet. (Kill the Bilepiper)

Once the categories are improved I think the app will have success.

I’m just really hoping GW rethinks it’s decision to remove access to the codexes as new ones are released. Even an audible like function where you can get one free codex per month for your sub would go a long way.

Let me know when you guys are done beta testing a paid product :thumbsup:

BURN!

For real though I think GW again has done a good job responding to criticism and trying to fix it appropriately. IMO unlike the indomitus box where GW incorrectly pre-planned for the popularity. This was just a incomplete, under developed app they wanted people to pay for.

I think I will subscribe now not just for the free month, but I really want a good all in one app.

Edited by Raven1

I´ve subscribed and to my suprise the montly fee was 15 NOK and that is about 2 USD (slighly less). Didn´t they write somewhere the subscription fee was 4 usd? Or am I mistaken?

So I subscribed to utilize the free month they offered, exited the app, and now the iOS app isn’t recognizing my subscription when I try to log back in.

Flashbacks of AoS app are flooding in.

My AoS app still does that when I click the list builder sometimes.  Just have to click it a second time and it goes fine.  Not really sure what the problem is but it's so minor I forget about it after about 2 seconds and never email them.

So I subscribed to utilize the free month they offered, exited the app, and now the iOS app isn’t recognizing my subscription when I try to log back in.

Flashbacks of AoS app are flooding in.

I’m having the exact same problem, and I know one other on iOS having it too, so not just you bud.