WH40K App Updated

Raven1

I really don't understand some of the changes.

A Chaos Lord now has the same PL as a Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour, but the Chaos Lord with a Jump Pack is higher than both.

At the same time, a Chaos Sorcerer is the same PL as a Chaos Sorcerer with a Jump Pack, but the Sorcerer in Terminator Armour is higher than both.

Chaos Lord benefits more from a jump pack than terminator armour (speed > armour). Plus, in terminator armour he loses access to a thunder hammer, which brings down his maximum points cost, which is how GW seems to be calculating PL.

Sorcerer benefits heavily from Terminator armour since it's the only way they can get a permanent invulnerable save.

Can't help you with the jump Sorcerer, though.

I really don't understand some of the changes.

A Chaos Lord now has the same PL as a Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour, but the Chaos Lord with a Jump Pack is higher than both.

At the same time, a Chaos Sorcerer is the same PL as a Chaos Sorcerer with a Jump Pack, but the Sorcerer in Terminator Armour is higher than both.

Like why? How did that make sense?

At least Chaos Terminators are cheaper I guess.

EDIT: But Space Marine Captains who are functionally the same as a Chaos Lord are 1 PL cheaper? Makes no sense to me. Given that Space Marine Captains and Chaos Lords have the same points value, I wonder if it's just an accident/mistake on their part?

My only guess is that the jump packs are valued higher due to the higher movement since movement -really- matters in 9th.

Movement has always been a silent powerhouse in many games and in 40k that is no different. Main issue is that it is so case by case dependent on how powerful it can be. Some days +1" is massive and makes a huge improvement while others adding 3" is seen as a minor benefit (think Long-Range Marksmen, it is sort of like getting an extra 3" of movement).

Not to mention, fast moving characters can be extremely annoying as they can hide among their army for a period of time and suddenly spring forth when needed. Think Tau Coldstar Commanders with their INSANE 40" move they can do across the board with 4 fusion blasters. They epitomise the "Omae wa mou Shindeiru"...-ahem- I mean "Mont'Ka" :D

I think it reasonable to put a premium on movement. Especially on characters since they have been a chronic method of thunder hammer delivery services for some time now.