DA in 40k, past, present and future (indomitus) + supplement

solarisqc

I think we could possibly also see changes to weapon profiles for both the RW Black Knights and the Deathwing Knights.

The Corvus hammer seems the most likely to change to me.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

3 wound terminators are a pretty big deal, but I guess while it'll be a boon for now it'll also depend on damage profile changes across the meta. Powerfists for example changed to a flat 2 damage. Still, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, nice to see our DW getting some extra staying power

Well about Terminators... They are going to W3 now it seems...

What you think about DW with 3W on all termies? (and probably TDA Characters gettin +1W too)?

Good to hear.

Compared to the ”new” marines it’s the right way with W3 on termies.

Pretending the Dark Angels can keep on churning out TDA easily is hand waiving at its best. All the lore throughout 40k's history has always said it always had been difficult to produce, and is even more so since the Heresy... To just pretend that that piece of lore shouldn't apply just because we all want the I's successors to all have a hundred TDA suits each no matter what because it suits your view of how the DA works is borderline ridiculous.

The lore has always been clear, TDA is rare. Most first and second founding chapters have enough for a handful of 5-man units. Most chapter of more recent foundings can barely field one or two. Scavenged suits are prized finds and a lost suit is worth campaigning over... That the Dark Angels and some of the Unforgiven have more suits than other companies is established lore, yes. That they'd be able to manufacture new suits like hot cake? So far that's just head canon that is not based on anything the lore has in print so far

Terminator armor is still produced circa m42, the issue is just that production isn't able to keep up with the rate of foundings/needs of new armor from presumed meltagun incidents. Considering the Unforgiven are small and infrequently founded, being able to supply 100 suits to a new Chapter should perfectly within their logistical capability. Battle Barges after all are supposed to be even rarer but still see consistent use by every single Chapter.