Chaplain's Ork Crusade Shenanigans

The_Chaplain

Hello Boyz!

There has been some discussion in my area's local gaming circle about starting up a crusade league when "certain global events" ease up-- and seeing as how my current hobby projects gravitate towards the greenskinned variety, I have pledged to be the designated ork player for the league (one army per person, and trying to avoid repeat armies in this league).

But what's a WAAAGGHH without a warboss?  Which got me thinking, why not convert a custom warboss specifically for this campaign? So, here are his humble beginnings:

50170228488_9c76f5be28.jpg

50170771101_7b5fe9f786.jpg

I'll be sure to catalog further progress on this model and any others I convert for the crusade (have a mind to throw together a Goff Rokker as well since its a narrative play dataslate), as well as how the army performs *eventually* in the league.

Alright!, this should be a fun watch.

I'm still new back to Orkyness so what box etc is that figure from?... ee don't look Normal :happy.:

Mithril

Thats a great question. So the torso with attached head and bicep parts of the arms are actually from a forgeworld ork tank (the classic "Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!" Type deal). It had legs originally- but they ended at the shins-- so I cut them off and replaced them with legs from a company called For Fun Miniatures. The power klaw is from Artel W miniatures' ork mekboy model as it was a leftover option from the kit.

There will probably be parts and doodads from at least 2 other non gw companies going into this conversion, haha.

Hey Chappy, how's the ork surgery coming along...??!! :sweat:

Mithril

Truth be told-- I've been giving my hands a bit of a rest this week (carpal tunnel and mini painting/building/converting are not the best of friends sometimes)-- BUT, I have instead been working on reorganizing/tidying up my designated hobby area (the "office" in the apartment my wife and I share which I affectionately refer to as the troll hole).  I now have 2 desk/work stations that I can alternate between or in the future-- have a friend over to work on stuff in the same space and hangout once this stupid "global unpleasantness" eases up.   Don't have enough room for a gaming table in here without becoming packed in like sardines-- but hey, maybe in the future (and with an actual house).

That said, I've been searching for a few bits to round off the warboss conversion online which I'm about to order- and as soon as they arrive I'm going to try and knock out that conversion as well as starting on the Goff Rokker!  Cheers!

Edited by The_Chaplain

Still waiting on parts for the warboss, but figured I'd share a pic of the WIP "Goff Rokker"

50222689241_3d34ff4f38.jpg

Debating whether to give him a mohawk-- or a hat ala Lemmy from Motorhead.  Need to find some sort of backpack with speakers/amps/etc. if one exists as well

Body/head/arms from Hardcore Miniatures' Biker boss on foot

Devil horns hand from For Fun Miniatures

Guitar from the Noise Marine model from a few years ago

guitar gun-- pistol in the Forgeworld Nob Bikers kit! (probably gonna give it a belt feed leading to the backpack because More Dakka!)

Edited by The_Chaplain

Well I gotta say (pun intended) He Rocks...:laugh.:

I'd use some spear tips or something similar etc as spikes from his head...a spikey mohawk :ohmy.: ..real hardcore rocker...or Mad max inspired...

awesome work as always,

cheers, Mithril 

Some squiqy mowhawk would be awesome!

• 2 months later...

Attempted a "family portrait" and barely had room on the coffee table outside! (Dont know how im gonna fit the stompa, kans, etc. Once theyre painted!)

https://flic.kr/p/2jYmYMX

https://flic.kr/p/2jYrD3A

Edited by The_Chaplain

Hot Damn... I gots me a long road ahead of me !!! >.<

That’s a spectacular ...coffee table ...err I meant the models on the table!! ;-)

Colour me massively impressed by your collection brother !

Cheers Mithril

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...