2k Custodes - Dread Host

9th Edition and bonus points for painting an army has me strongly double thinking joining the honored ranks of the Custodian Guard. Elite and low model count seems like it'd also be very good strategy in 9th edition. I can paint a custodian army and then get around to some Kriegers for variety. This is the 2k list I'm thinking of working toward based 90% on the fact that I love terminators.

Shield Host - Dread Host

HQ -

Shield Captain in Terminator Armor - Admonimortis, All-Seeing Annihilator, Misericordia, and Warlord

Shield Captain on Jetbike - Auric Aquilis, Captain-Commander (Indomitable Constitution), Ten Thousand Heroes (Superior Creation),  and Hurricane Bolter

Troops-

Custodian Guard x3 - Sword+Board and Spear x2

Custodian Guard x3 - Sword+Board and Spear x2

Sagittarum Custodians x3 - Misericordia x3

Sagittarum Custodians x3 - Misericordia x3

Elite-

Aquilon Custodians x6 - Solarite Guantlet + Lastrum Storm Bolter

Vexillus Praetor - Guardian Spear, Misericordia, and Vexila Magnifica

Fast Attack-

Vertus Praetors x5 - Hurricane Bolters

Basic Plan-

The army typically deploys castled up to take advantage of the banner. Afterwards, they will follow a three pronged attack. Sagittarum will stick closer to the deployment zone for anything needed there. Custodian guards will move to the mid-field (joined by the Sagittarum, if they need more bodies or firepower) and take/hold objectives there. Terminators and bikes (with characters) will be responsible for taking the fight to the enemy directly and daring them to go after them back. The terminators will deep strike and hopefully use the host stratagem to make the charge if the enemy looks like they aren't going to oblige me by coming forward.

• 2 weeks later...