Is anyone else expecting all Firstborn things to go Chaos?

I'm just expecting Firstborn to be forgotten.  Like, no new releases, moved to Legends, and never mentioned again.  The fact that Chaos are Firstborn will just create an awkward question for noobs about what happened to the pre-Primaris Loyalists.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those things made their way to chaos in some form or another. Not to mention it could be a point of pointing to Chaos and saying "this was the past" and then pointing to the Primaris and going 'this is the future' to show a greater gap between the Imperium and Chaos armies.

2 Wound Chosen, Rubrics, Plague Marines, Noise Marines and Berzerkers here we go!

(Technically not confirmed yet, but I'd be very surprised if Elite Firstborn-units such as Vanguard and Sternguard get 2W while CSM Elite-units doesn't. It's 2020, doesn't hurt to be optimistic about something.)

I'm holding out hope for line units, not just veterans, to get the wound buff, and I'm currently assuming that will percolate to all CSM even if we have to wait for the new codex for it happen.

As it stands - that is, if it's just veteran units getting the buff - then at minimum I expect Termies and Chosen to benefit. I hope the cult Troops benefit as well since they are likewise Elites choices as standard, but we'll have to see where GW's axe falls.

2 Wound Chosen, Rubrics, Plague Marines, Noise Marines and Berzerkers here we go!

(Technically not confirmed yet, but I'd be very surprised if Elite Firstborn-units such as Vanguard and Sternguard get 2W while CSM Elite-units doesn't. It's 2020, doesn't hurt to be optimistic about something.)

Woho, for once it paid of being optimistic!

I am eager to use a big blob of raptors, maybe 15 strong. Same with warp talons. Both were just so killable, they barely got to take advantage of their mobility.

Astartes vs. Astartes fights will be more interesting, assuming we also get the chainsword upgrade. They were often boring slugfests that took forever to resolve, if the champ/sarge didn’t have an upgraded weapon. 2 wounds will kinda keep it that way, but melee weapons are more lethal, with fists nearly guaranteed to kill if they wound.

I wonder if they’ll give broader access to hammers.

WarCom article confirmed all full-blown Astartes of all types are getting an extra wound.

The question is when are these changes being rolled out. To all codices at the same time, or do they release the updates gradually?  

Also, lol @ not making the point updates available for free at the start of 9th. The field manual is already fooked. 

WarCom article confirmed all full-blown Astartes of all types are getting an extra wound.

The question is when are these changes being rolled out. To all codices at the same time, or do they release the updates gradually?  

It says in the article:

These new rules and points will come into effect officially, as new codexes are released.

I expect we won't be waiting too long for a new CSM book but we are still going to have a painful waiting period, that's for sure

edit: formatting

Edited by Marshal Loss