Is anyone else expecting all Firstborn things to go Chaos?

Yeah, that's how I read it as well. At this point I do hope that the codices come out in a blistering pace though, cause having to sit around waiting for your army to get updated for 6 months to a year is going to be seriously painful. Even more so for Xenos players who don't benefit from these weapon stat changes.

Right. I want a rapid codex release, none of this one codex every month malarkey! Better for balance.

Same, but I don't think that's ever going to happen. Hopefully it will be more rapid than it's been in the past, if we can hope for a middle-ground. By some estimations 8th was super quick, but I think that's only the case compared to the YEARS between codices in the editions of old.

I'll settle in the middle, not as fast as we would want, but not as slow as it has been haha. That would be cool if those models were a sign of the new codexes coming first, each with a new character unit. It was what, admech, DG, orc and SoB? That wouldn't have been the first 4 I would have guessed. Maybe admech because of all the new units and DG because of the age of the codex, but SoB is newer.

At any rate, chaos space marines are one of the factions needing a new codex the most.

At least the weapons upgrade when the loyalist get their codex.

GW had to sell codexes every month to make money. They intentionally delayed my Space Wolf codex in 8th for a year and a half even though it had been written a year earlier. They admitted it as much because the SW codex was straight garbage when it came out. They didn't adjust at all for the power creep in the year and a half it lingered in 8th until release.

I don't expect them to release a glut of codexes at the end of the year. The one good thing for Chaos is we are such a popular faction we should be one of the first to get a release so there is a chance we will get one in 2020.