Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 Point list for upcoming tournament (8/22)

TripleWing Deathwing Ravenwing Greenwing Asmodai Azrael Primaris

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

RayJ

RayJ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,156 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Darkness, Ulthw√©

I've got a tournament coming up on August 22 using the GT mission pack. 1st place will win an Indomitus box (would be cool to get another).

Here's what I'm toying with right now. I'll have my first test game tomorrow, probably against Blood Angels of some sort.

+++ DA Vanguard (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [111 PL, 9CP, 1,997pts] +++

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Chapter Selection: Dark Angels

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Asmodai: Canticle of Hate, Redication of Focus (Also has Litany of Hate and Stoic Prosecution)

Azrael: 3. Brilliant Strategist, Warlord

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 5x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Deathwing Ancient: 3. Watched, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter
. Fist & Storm bolter: Power fist, Storm bolter
. Pennant of Remembrance

Deathwing Terminator Squad
. Deathwing Sergeant
. . Storm Bolter & Power Sword: Power sword, Storm bolter
. Deathwing Terminator: Cyclone missile launcher
. . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator: Chainfist, Storm bolter
. Deathwing Terminator: Power fist, Storm bolter

. Deathwing Sergeant
. Deathwing Terminator: Chainfist, Cyclone missile launcher, Storm bolter

Ravenwing Apothecary
. Black Knight Bike: Plasma Talon

+ Fast Attack +

Ravenwing Bike Squad
. Ravenwing Attack Bike: Multi-melta
. Ravenwing Biker: Chainsword, Plasma gun
. Ravenwing Biker: Chainsword
. Ravenwing Sergeant: Storm bolter

Ravenwing Bike Squad
. Ravenwing Attack Bike: Multi-melta
. Ravenwing Sergeant: Storm bolter

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad: Eradicator Sgt
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

The general idea is Azrael + Asmodai assisting the Aggressors in holding the middle. Stoic Prosection lets the Aggressors get their second shooting phase while moving. Asmodai knowing 4 litanies makes plus the attack buff makes him a great swiss army support unit.

DW Ancient will be assisting the large DW unit on the ground. If the opponent has a LOT of blast weapons, I can combat squad the unit. The shields are positioned for just enough durability to tank a few big shots and to keep the cyclones alive. I'm contemplating moving 1 TH/SS off of a Cyclone for use vs higher powered shooting. I have the option to change based on testing.

The small DW squad will likely teleport in. The cheap and shooty configuration means I'm not losing much board presence, and they can capitalize on Deathwing Assault if the targets and opportunity are correct for it.

RW Bike Squads were chosen mostly for cost savings over Black Knights. The shooting potential is higher, and it's OK to sacrifice the melee capability with so many Aggressors and Terminators in the list. If I had the points, I'd have combi-plasmas instead of storm bolters on the sergeants, but I think the 6th aggressor is worth a lot more than the plasma shots.

Recitation of Focus is available for if a good opportunity to overcharge the plasma does arrive. We can abuse the +1 to hit while plasma still works with modifiers to keep the plasma gunners safe and essentially shoot thunder hammers for a turn.

The apothecary's speed will allow him to support any unit in need, but it will most likely be the large terminators or the aggressors.

DW Ancient is taking an extra Warlord Trait to give me a once per game guaranteed psychic denial. I specifically chose not to have a psyker in my army to unlock Abhor the Witch as a secondary, and the guaranteed denial can turn off any single problem spell or psychic ritual based secondary for a turn. I feel that's well worth the loss of a single CP.

I'm open to some serious critique. the list has all of its mobility eggs in the bikes + deepstriking unit, but it should be able to hold the middle of the board incredibly well.

Grand Master Raziel

Grand Master Raziel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts
  • Faction: Night Angels

My first thought was, why not shift points around to give yourself a 3rd Troops choice? Even if's just a bog standard Scout Squad, or Tactical Squad if Scouts turn out to be Troops in the new dex. 75 points for a 5-man Tac Squad gets you back 3 CP.

My second thought is I'd probably do much as you did with the big Terminator squad and the little Terminator squad, though I'd probably not give a weapon upgrade to the little Terminator squad to keep it cheap as possible. 5 Terminators in the backfield is something very few opponents can afford to ignore, and 5 storm bolters within 12" and potentially firing twice should put some hurt on little backfield units.  Plus dropping the Cyclone gets you a third of the points you'd need for that Tac Squad.

A third thought I had would be to rearrange your Ravenwing units to put the Attack Bikes in a bespoke AB Squad instead of having them in the Bike Squads. There's upsides and downsides to that plan. The upside is it disperses your upgrades more and imposes more decisions on your opponent, and gives you 4 units that can teleport Terminators in instead of 3. The downside is there's only 2 strats that let you both get the benefit of Jinking and be able to shoot, and you'd have 3 Ravenwing units to protect. 

Also, I believe both combi-weapons and storm bolters are index-only options for Ravenwing Sergeants, and the days of index options being allowed at tournaments are numbered. Melee weapons and pistols are the only upgrades granted to Ravenwing Sergeants in the codex. I gave mine magnetized arms, and made some plasma pistol arms for them.

Regarding psychic protection, you could pick up a couple Watchers in the Dark. At the very least, I'd get one for the big Terminator Squad.  In a tournament, for sure some opponent is going to use a psychic power to do something to them you won't like. Being able to turn that off on a 3+ is well worth a few points.

It also occurred to me to wonder how badly you need the Eradicators in this list. They do seem like a very potent unit, but the list is also full of power fists. if you dropped them, you could afford a third Attack Bike and the rest of that Tac Squad. Or alternately to the Attack Bike, you could make up the difference between the Ravenwing units you have in here and a couple 5-man squads of Black Knights.

Edited by Grand Master Raziel, 02 August 2020 - 02:12 PM.

BHoA_2014_Banner_Artificer.jpg

Profile of the Night Angels

Check out my 40K blog: Crafting Cave Games

RayJ

RayJ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,156 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Darkness, Ulthw√©
Raziel, thank you for reminding me about index-only options on RW sergeants.

After some testing and reflection, I've changed up the list just a little bit. The main swaps are taking the apothecary, 1 bike unit, and the Eradicators out for another troop, black knights, and inceptors. There's more units for taking advantage of the extra damage on Weapons From the Dark Age to help take out primaris troops, and the bike units are a little bit stronger for melee to make fighting over an objective a little easier. I feel the extra mobility on the Inceptors will be a big factor in the late game.

The biggest change will be correcting some play mistakes. I misjudged target priority in my first test game, and while I was holding the early game strongly, the end of the game swung away from me pretty hard on volume of attacks. I also allowed an unfortunate pile in on my characters that all but wasted some important attacks.

+++ DA Tournament List (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [112 PL, 12CP, 2,000pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels) ++

+ HQ +

Asmodai: Canticle of Hate, Recitation of Focus

Azrael: 3. Brilliant Strategist, Warlord

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle

Scout Squad
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 4x Scout w/Boltgun: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Boltgun, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 5x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Deathwing Ancient: 3. Watched, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter
. Fist & Storm bolter: Power fist, Storm bolter
. Pennant of Remembrance

Deathwing Terminator Squad: Watcher in the Dark
. Deathwing Sergeant
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator
. Deathwing Terminator: Chainfist, Cyclone missile launcher, Storm bolter

. Deathwing Sergeant

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad: 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

Ravenwing Bike Squad
. Ravenwing Biker: Chainsword, Flamer
. Ravenwing Biker: Chainsword, Flamer
. Ravenwing Sergeant: Power axe

Ravenwing Black Knights
. 4x Ravenwing Black Knight: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Corvus Hammer, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Ravenwing Huntmaster: Corvus Hammer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TripleWing, Deathwing, Ravenwing, Greenwing, Asmodai, Azrael, Primaris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users