Relics and traits: the Indomitus Captain.

Minsc

I just love the Indomitus Captain, and I think it's one of the coolest Captain-model's GW has ever released, so I want to make him work in my lists.

What relics and traits do you think are most suited for him?

As for traits, normally I'd go for Forge Master + Miraculous Constitution on my Captains with Thunder Hammers, but I think the Indomitus Captain "needs" Anvil of Strength, and Forge Master still seems like a solid pick, especially in conjunction with Salamander's Mantle.

Thoughts? Any other trait and relic-combos that you see yourself using?

For durabile with a good punch, Forge Master, Anvil of Strength, and the Mantle. For max killing, Anvil of Strength, Imperium's Sword, and Vulkan's Sigil. For a balanced approach, Forge Master, Imperium's Sword, and Burning Blade.

I think I'd opt for the balanced option in most cases. But if you want him mostly for the rerolls go durable, or for a throwaway smasher go max killy.

The Indominus Captain is T4, I would definitely give him Anvil of Strength, but I wouldn’t give him Forge Master and Salamanders Mantle, save those for something like a Chaplain on bike. Instead give him Promethean Plate and The Imperium’s Sword. The extra attack Str 8 and anything hitting him can only wound on a 4, 5, and 6 makes him really good, while allowing you to make a second Character just as hard to kill.

He's super tanky and if you aren't taking Vulkan you have access to the chapter master upgrade. Since he doesn't have a personal option for fast movement id just use him for buffs and durability.

Since we're going to get more restrictions on captains per detachment I think hes a solid 7/10

Right now the t7 Captain on a bike with a hammer is still my favorite choice if I had to take one or the other.

Edited by Debauchery101

He's super tanky and if you aren't taking Vulkan you have access to the chapter master upgrade.

He'stan isn't a Chapter Master (that would be Tu'shan, who has no model/rules), so you can use that stratagem even if he's in the army.
dang I've had that so wrong, for a long time. Hes the ForgeFather...some reason I've thought that was the Chapter Master title as well as his buff auras are slightly different but better for sallies...Ive never used him and chapter master when I could...im a dummy

It's a pitty he can't take a hammer otherwise he'd be perfect. Give him the Chapter Master Strat, the +2S and +2T WLT's, and the super TH relic. He'd be extremely killy, extremely tanky and have CM reroll aura. As it stands he's still pretty good with the sword that he comes with, and I'd still give him the same combo of WL traits and the CM Strat. But I DO wish he could have a hammer. Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

• 5 weeks later...
Using the Indomitus captain with master upgrade, +2 str upgrade and promethean plate seems to be the most efficient setup with sallies. Hes a good counter troop and super durable. For his cost having 6atks @ str 8 ap-3 dmg 2, 2+4+(4+) and only takes wounds on nat 4+...hes really nice Edited by Debauchery101