Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Last chance to buy on Primaris and Deathguard ETB models

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,697 posts

feels like the new primaris stuff is gonna start launching way sooner than the codex date

• Doghouse likes this
banana

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,048 posts

Plastic ETB going OOP is a bad precedent.

It doesn't seem they're getting rid of the whole existing ETB range - Poxwalkers and Myphitic Blight Haulers are still available, just as well, they're the only way to get those models.

Each of these that have moved to LCTB have 'full' kits available, so it kind of seems inevitable they're making way for new kits to help promote the new edition of 40k and its starter sets smile.png

GW can afford to keep these in production with their numbers, honestly. This feels negligent- plastic kits shouldn't be going OOP. (yes, they did it with AoS and it wasn't great there either)

• lordhellblade likes this

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,829 posts

I think the Intercessors and Reivers are understandable losses. They were more stocking fillers for new players but with the number of sets that had the Intercessors in it does make sense that these would go eventually. The Reivers aren't much use being three to a box either, both now feel a bit redundant to me to be honest.

Personally I'd repackage the Dreadnoughts and sell them alongside the new Easy to Build kits.

• Firedrake Cordova, Nocturne Noble, Aarik and 1 other like this

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,509 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Most use I ever got out of the ETB Reivers was chaplain heads and spare bodies for the oodles of extra arms in the infiltrator kit.
  • Doghouse likes this

Apparently the US Army will name their new Styker missile tank the Manticore (Because of 40k) if enough people vote for it. You know what to do:

https://taskandpurpo...rBYMuajHcxqrBPY

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

ShinyRhino

ShinyRhino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,693 posts
Crappers. I was using the ETB Reivers and Intercessors to maximize usage of my Hellblaster, Infiltrator, and Incursor bits. I just spent all my monies on Indomitus, so I can't stock up on ETB kits.
Curses!
  • Nocturne Noble likes this
-- "To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat."

Daynga-Zone

Daynga-Zone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts
I used the reivers as bonus eliminators with the leftovers from the multipart kit. The cheesecloth and glue ghillie suit combo turned out quite nice.

It’s nice that they have different poses either way. Hopefully this means there will be some more options coming up. Maybe a veteran intercessor kit?

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 607 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
You can still get most of the easy to build stuff in UK by buying issues of Conquest magazine. Most Dark Imperium stuff still available, as well as a bunch of the Primaris characters for £7.99 each. Redemptor is two issues, but 3 aggressors are in just one. Nearly the whole run is in stock.

https://hachettepart...r-40k-conquest/
  • Firedrake Cordova and Petitioner's City like this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,662 posts
If both boxes contained 5 marines they'd be a greater loss. As is, people will manage.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,147 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

feels like the new primaris stuff is gonna start launching way sooner than the codex date

I hope so. I don't want to wait months to start using the new tanks.

I really want vehicles in the region of 150-200 points that can fill anti tank duty in a pure Primaris list.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

-~Ishagu~-

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts
I just picked up 3 lord felthius sets to go with the one I already have. To my defense... I’m using at least one for a black legion conversion

MadGreek

MadGreek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts
  • Faction: KHALKOTAUROI (Bronze Bulls)

And you cant use the Pop goes the Monkey Upgrades on the ETB Dread.

I (carefully) sawed the front of the sarcophagus off and use a PgtM replacement on the ETB kit. But yes, that's about all you can use on it.

12 Months Of Hobby Jan

Master Sergeant, USMC Retired

MetalMammoth

MetalMammoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 200 posts
Y'know, I've built three of these kits (Four actually, doubled up on the Reiver box to get a half-squad) and all I can say is, they should have been gone sooner. Like, before I buy them.

Reivers' plastrons are decorated with fewer grenades, don't look as good as the full kit. No grav chutes, though I hate those, no grapnel launchers - gotta scratch-build them. Gonna give them some grenades from my hopefully-soon-to-arrive Primaris Vanguard box.
Their knife arms aren't great either, and I've spent a considerable amount of time carving blurred or straight out nonexistent detail back into existence, mostly on shoulder guards and boots.

- All this due to having to cast them from fewer pieces.

The plague marine box was handy to round up my 5-man squad from Know No Fear to 7, and use the leftower marine for parts - Especially since the champion in the ETB box has a really messed up head in dire need of replacement.

The aggressors were okay, the only bad parts being their legs, as a sprue connector is in the middle of the curved shin plate and kinda hard to file out nicely.
Well, and the soles of the boots which I filed into shape because I hated how they were made to mount the stupid connector stud. And I'm regretting not having the frag launchers. Or a bare head for the sergeant. Or a tilt shield.

Really. The connector studs either don't hold or are too tight to go together. All they are good for is taking extra time to clean the model. I mean, who DOESN'T have glue?

I almost bought the Redemptor, as I was happy with it's loadout, but luckily noticed the glaring flaws in the model that were introduced by, once again, lowering the part count, and got a full kit instead.

I also noticed ETB and boxed sets having way more prevalent mould lines than full price kits. I wonder, was the mould of lesser quality to begin with, or was it simply used without replacement to churn out as many figures as possible before it completely breaks?

Edited by MetalMammoth, 02 August 2020 - 08:05 AM.

• KBA, Nocturne Noble, Evil Eye and 1 other like this

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 352 posts
I would have been all over the ETB redempt if it has the storm bolters and underslung onslaught gatling cannon but it never did.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,829 posts

I think there was an intention behind that so that you bought the actual kit if you wanted those options. Same thing with the Flame Gauntlet Aggressors, if they put the most popular options on a cheaper kit then no one would need to buy the proper kit.

Thing is now though that the Redemptor easy to build kit load out is a lot more viable with the new shooting while in combat rules.

The storm bolter option is very easy to achieve with this model though as you can just clip the fronts of something like the plastic Phobos pattern bolter and stick that over the launchers. For the mini onslaught cannon I'm waiting for the new ATV kits to come out then buying that and if they come with two turret options putting the melta on the bike and the spare turret cannon underslung on the dreadnought.

• mithrilforge and AGPO like this

Schurge

Schurge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters + Daemons
Ugh... Now it seems like I "have" to buy two units of ETB Aggressors.
  • Doghouse, Nocturne Noble and tangoalphatwo like this

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,083 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

Best luck finding any. I didn't know they were Last Chance til yesterday and haven't found any online anywhere

• tangoalphatwo likes this

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.png gallery_48988_10069_135.png gallery_48988_15465_8206.png gallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9e
Raven Guard : 4 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,509 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
https://hachettepart...quest-issue-11/

Apparently the US Army will name their new Styker missile tank the Manticore (Because of 40k) if enough people vote for it. You know what to do:

https://taskandpurpo...rBYMuajHcxqrBPY

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 286 posts

Best luck finding any. I didn't know they were Last Chance til yesterday and haven't found any online anywhere

I picked up a few of the others, but couldn’t find the aggressors
  • Dracos likes this

BrainFireBob

BrainFireBob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 829 posts
ETB Primaris Intercessors+Primaris release issue+25th Anniversary Sarge=Squad, unique poses

ETB PMs+Plague Brethren+Icon bearer=squad, unique poses.

I've noticed this with the new stuff. I've yet to get the new CSM or the Shadowspear CSMs, but fully expect combining the two kits to be the only wsy to get 2 unique squads. Been buying all the Primaris bundles for that reason- if the unit has a 6 man msx squad size, I guarantee that the box will build 3 and there will be an ETB starter for the other 3. Inceptors, intercessors, eradicators, aggressors- it's a pattern

Nocturne Noble

Nocturne Noble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders, OotEC

Bought two pairs of the Aggressors and the Redemptor. I know they've been out for years but these purchases so close after Indomitus have left me feeling bitter; I'd have much rather GW warned us in advance. I even planned to buy more ETB Intercessors to test paint schemes and practice on.

Edited by Nocturne Noble, 03 August 2020 - 04:38 AM.

• Doghouse likes this

Honour demands.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,829 posts

Well they will still be available on places like Ebay and your online Flgs for a while yet as people off load stock. This is the kind of thing I expect to see in bargain bins in bookshops and other off the wall stockists of this kind of stuff.

Edited by Doghouse, 04 August 2020 - 12:06 AM.

• Firedrake Cordova and Nocturne Noble like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,907 posts

Bought two pairs of the Aggressors and the Redemptor. I know they've been out for years but these purchases so close after Indomitus have left me feeling bitter; I'd have much rather GW warned us in advance. I even planned to buy more ETB Intercessors to test paint schemes and practice on.

Putting them on LCTB is GW warning you in advance

• Gederas, Nemesor Tyriks, Brother Adelard and 1 other like this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,707 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Kind of. There's been plenty of cases where the LCTB was no warning at all, depending on how much stock is left. Most of the Cities of Sigmar stuff went LCTB and sold through within a few hours of the morning. 

• Firedrake Cordova likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,907 posts

Kind of. There's been plenty of cases where the LCTB was no warning at all, depending on how much stock is left. Most of the Cities of Sigmar stuff went LCTB and sold through within a few hours of the morning. 

However GW also put out a warning post prior to that.

And I imagine Intercessors and Redemptors had waaaay more stock!

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 136 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch

I would guess these ETB are being replaced. There are new starter sets, with uniquely posed models and paints coming shortly, so I guess the three assault intercessors from that box will make their way into a single 3man box, and the Necrons warriors from the other will do the same as the 'new' big bad?

• SufficientAnonymity likes this
Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights, Sisters.
For the Emperor!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users