Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Last chance to buy on Primaris and Deathguard ETB models

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,224 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard

Losing the easy-to-build plague marines sucks for new Death Guard players. The 7 man multipart is barely better than ETB for poses/loadout, and you only get one blight launcher while most squads want two. The ETB plague marines was the only way to get a 2nd sculpt for that. With the loss of the 7 dark imperium plague marines too that's a lot of variety of plague marines that's gone for good when they stop restocking Conquest.

• Lucerne and Son of Carnelian like this

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

Urauloth

Urauloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,072 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Damn, yeah, there goes the twin-laucher Plaguemarine squad.

An oddity here is that, while I don't care for the Cohort models myself, it's the only way to buy a Lord with a scythe. With the concern GW has about there being a miniature for every codex option, I wonder if we'll see the LoC drop his scythe option in the next codex? Maybe there's a multi-part one in the works, but I doubt it given the likelyhood that the Dark Imperium models will be reboxed as a Start Collecting set.

It came with the nightfall

The dark that swallowed the stars
One by one, it painted them black
And brought horror to our hearts

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,108 posts
That would be great if these losses went to a start collecting box. Love some of those Primaris Intercessor sculpts from Dark Imperium

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 227 posts

Damn, yeah, there goes the twin-laucher Plaguemarine squad.

An oddity here is that, while I don't care for the Cohort models myself, it's the only way to buy a Lord with a scythe. With the concern GW has about there being a miniature for every codex option, I wonder if we'll see the LoC drop his scythe option in the next codex? Maybe there's a multi-part one in the works, but I doubt it given the likelyhood that the Dark Imperium models will be reboxed as a Start Collecting set.

That would make 100% sense. Just look at the original AoS starter box. That went out of print with Soul Wars, now the two halves are the start collecting boxes for the Stormcast and Blades of Khorne. I would absolutely bet money on Dark Imperium being split into two start collecting boxes.
Also, one other point, not that it’s a ton of help, but the Easy to Build Plague Marines are still available in the Blackstone Fortress expansion set No Respite.
  • Dark Shepherd likes this

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,224 posts

The problem is many of the Dark Imperium primaris and death guard sculpts are really mixed up across the sprues, there's no way to split them up into faction boxes. The minimum possible release I think was the 'know no fear' starter box, which of course has also been dropped. Maybe it'll come back in a re-box? GW have learned from that though, which is why Soul Wars, Shadowspear, and Indomitus sprues don't mix up factions together.

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,631 posts

The problem is many of the Dark Imperium primaris and death guard sculpts are really mixed up across the sprues, there's no way to split them up into faction boxes. The minimum possible release I think was the 'know no fear' starter box, which of course has also been dropped. Maybe it'll come back in a re-box? GW have learned from that though, which is why Soul Wars, Shadowspear, and Indomitus sprues don't mix up factions together.

What are you talking about? The sprues, which came in Conquest, were never mixed...

https://www.fauxhamm...ontents-leaked/

Edited by Petitioner's City, 07 August 2020 - 07:56 AM.

• RWJP likes this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,224 posts

Conquest was also full of 'hold onto these leftover bits, you'll need them later', i.e. to finish off models that had parts on a different sprue. Source: I'm subscribed to Conquest.

ruralguardhipcat

ruralguardhipcat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts
I know some of the older boxes, like Assault on Black Reach, had mixed sprues. But the more recent ones including Dark Imperium are seperate per faction.
  • Petitioner's City likes this

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,224 posts

Fair enough, checking the build instructions;

Intercessors: sprues F, B, A

inceptors: sprues B, A

Ancient, Lieutentant: F

Captain: A

Poxwalkers: D

Plague Marines: C, E, D

Blightbringer, plaguecaster: E

Lord of Contagion: C

bloat drone: C

So I stand corrected; lots of mixing between sprues for units, but the primaris and death guard sprues could be split up into separate boxes.

Edited by Arkhanist, 07 August 2020 - 08:25 AM.

• Putrid Choir likes this

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,631 posts
Yes exactly, hence why I included that helpful Fauxhammer link with all the sprues pictured! Remember to check before you post any claim
  • RWJP likes this
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,224 posts

In my defence, it's been 3 years since i built Dark Imperium, clearly my memory of the amount of intermixing is faulty, and I apologise.

• Petitioner's City likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

Conquest was also full of 'hold onto these leftover bits, you'll need them later', i.e. to finish off models that had parts on a different sprue. Source: I'm subscribed to Conquest.

The DG sprues has a smart splitting
The poxwalkers sprue has the parts for a plague marine without head front torso and weapons
The Lord sprue contains 4 plague Marines, the drone and the parts to complete the marine on the poxwalkers sprue as a plasma gunner
On the other sprue with plaguecaster and guy with bells there is also a champion for the plague Marines and the parts to complete the marine on the poxwalkers sprue as a normal one with bolter
So with 2 poxwalkers sprues and the other two sprues you will have the content of Dark Imperium with all 7 plague marines
If you use just one poxwalkers sprue with the Lord sprue you will have the content of Know no Fear with 5 plague Marines with a plasma gunner but without champion (that is sold separate as a single miniature blister BTW)
If you put one the poxwalkers sprue with the plague caster sprue you will have instead 6 plague marines with champion but without the plasma gunner

The SM sprues on the other side are also smart splitted too cause the gravis captain sprue includes also three sergeants for intercessors, hellblasters and inceptors and there is another sprue that has 2 intercessors, 2 hellblasters and 1 inceptors
The other sprue has the ancient 2 lieutenants and 5 intercessors including the sergeant
So excluding the Last sprue you will have the content of Know know fear that has 1 captain sprue and 2 troops sprue that gives you the captain 5 intercessors, 5 hellblasters and 3 inceptors, while if you include also the ancient sprue you have the content of Dark Imperium

GW can manage to use these sprues as they like to make the start collectings
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 492 posts
The DG start collecting better just be the whole DI DG half, like chaos marines got shadowspear. Would be a baller move.
  • Juggernut likes this

Firedrake Cordova

Firedrake Cordova

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,183 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Also, one other point, not that it’s a ton of help, but the Easy to Build Plague Marines are still available in the Blackstone Fortress expansion set No Respite.

No Respite went "No Longer Available Online", and has been removed from the UK online store. :(

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 227 posts

No Respite went "No Longer Available Online", and has been removed from the UK online store. :(

Oh wow. Gone everywhere in the states too

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

The DG start collecting better just be the whole DI DG half, like chaos marines got shadowspear. Would be a baller move.

Shadowspear had less miniatures than DI
The CSM half of Shadowspear is 16 miniatures while the DG half of DI is 31 miniatures
I don't think GW will make a start collecting with 31 miniatures
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 653 posts
There were 20 pox walkers.
  • Brother Adelard likes this

Putrid Choir

Putrid Choir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 492 posts

The CSM half of Shadowspear is 16 miniatures while the DG half of DI is 31 miniatures

Shadowspear was 1 HQ, 1-2 Elites, 1-2 Troops, 2-3 heavy support. DI was 2 HQ, 1 Elite, 2-3 Troops, 1 Fast Attack. Shadowspear was 5-8 units and DI was 6-7 units. And there are duplicates of the 10 pox walkers. Shadowspear was 639pts in 8th and DI was 636pts, not that far off. Both have exclusive units only purchasable in the box. DI was the same or cheaper than shadowspear and had a rulebook. It's definitely a possibility. Time will tell. I'm glad I got my two copies of DI DG for $45 when I did and some of those ETB DG plague marines for $15 each.

It could be a newer more expensive version of start collecting. Instead of $90 or $95 it could break the $100 barrier.

Edit: DG pts were off. They were even less than chaos in shadowspear.

Edited by Putrid Choir, 07 August 2020 - 11:51 PM.

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 227 posts

Shadowspear was 1 HQ, 1-2 Elites, 1-2 Troops, 2-3 heavy support. DI was 2 HQ, 1 Elite, 2-3 Troops, 1 Fast Attack. Shadowspear was 5-8 units and DI was 6-7 units. And there are duplicates of the 10 pox walkers. Shadowspear was 639pts in 8th and DI was 656pts, not that far off. Both have exclusive units only purchasable in the box. DI was the same or cheaper than shadowspear and had a rulebook. It's definitely a possibility. Time will tell. I'm glad I got my two copies of DI DG for $45 when I did and some of those ETB DG plague marines for $15 each.

It could be a newer more expensive version of start collecting. Instead of $90 or $95 it could break the $100 barrier.

Don’t give GW any ideas!!!

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

Shadowspear was 1 HQ, 1-2 Elites, 1-2 Troops, 2-3 heavy support. DI was 2 HQ, 1 Elite, 2-3 Troops, 1 Fast Attack. Shadowspear was 5-8 units and DI was 6-7 units. And there are duplicates of the 10 pox walkers. Shadowspear was 639pts in 8th and DI was 656pts, not that far off. Both have exclusive units only purchasable in the box. DI was the same or cheaper than shadowspear and had a rulebook. It's definitely a possibility. Time will tell. I'm glad I got my two copies of DI DG for $45 when I did and some of those ETB DG plague marines for $15 each.

Making start collecting boxes GW thinks about the number of models included and not the points
SC CSM and Vanguard SM gas a bit more models than usual cause the other start collecting boxes have full models with options while the ones from Shadowspear has monopose models without options

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,670 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Maybe they're going LCTB so they can shove the Supply Crates full of them.

• Brokejaw Gutripper likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,530 posts

Double discounts? Thats too good to be true

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 653 posts

I legit LOL’d at this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users